Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 03-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Inesophet

If people dont care about something its usually because They are happy without it. They dont need it to find a wisdom or fill a gap in their soul.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:22 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Pandora...
I am wondering people's personal opinions on this, is it wrong to just not care to study or try to live with religion/spirituality in your life. Not that you don't believe but your not wanting to put it in your life, maybe you can say it's laziness, or perhaps somebody can be uninterested. But is it wrong? You think this person can be damned? Or whatever.
Who's to say it's wrong? You are the interpreter of right and wrong.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Sundialed

if that's you in your picture, your smiling, a spiritual act no? if you were not full of good spirit would you be smiling? follow your heart. it's as simple and as complicated as that. it's all we've ever needed to do.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:10 AM
Master
Pandora... Religious conditioning would have us believe the higher power is a hard authority figure who punishes us if we don't go by the rules of that particular religion.

But each of us has the opportunity to find out for ourselves what really is there, beyond our beliefs and ideas about it. This is what any spiritual path really is... just discovering what's really real.

If you don't want to there is no such punishment. When you do choose to investigate there are great rewards... such as experiencing for yourself the pure love that lies within you.

Xan

Old 05-08-2011, 04:26 AM
Docha

Not wrong just different.

I would much rather a person claim no beliefs than try to outright convert me.

If they are bound for hell, well I will be right there with them. I don't worship either. At least not in the religious sense. I have no set rituals or prayers and god also answers to bob....just incase you ever wondered. Lol

So here is a question in return were all men that lived before christ sent to heaven or hell? Were they damned? Cavemen? Or did humans only get souls when the first prayer was uttered? ....oh good story plot though! Lol

Sometimes common sense, is correct. Even in christianity God forgives all...so its believed. Its possible there is no damnation...
Old 05-08-2011, 04:41 AM
Topology

Quote:
I am wondering people's personal opinions on this, is it wrong to just not care to study or try to live with religion/spirituality in your life. Not that you don't believe but your not wanting to put it in your life, maybe you can say it's laziness, or perhaps somebody can be uninterested. But is it wrong? You think this person can be damned? Or whatever.

You're free to do as you please, but I'm wondering how you're conceiving of spirituality. I find spirituality in the simplest of things, but particularly in playing with my kids. I don't worship anything or have any rituals or personal practices right now. I used to meditate and do a lot of reading of text because I was trying to understand certain things. But now, I'm content with living life a little more aware than I was. To me spirituality is in the living. It's the spending time together and helping each other along. It's not about fitting into some pre-conceived image of what being spiritual looks like.

but no, there's no requirement to pursue anything.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:55 AM
Master
Deleted, now you'll never know what i said lol.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Master
Quote:

...Pandora... - Some people spend many years on a long journey that takes them deep into religious studies and/or new age enlightenment (take your pick), but then fall deep into a state of disenchantment after not finding what they seek. At that point some people give up on religion or spirituality altogether. So who is better off? Do what your heart tells you to do and be happy with your decision.

Blackraven
Old 06-08-2011, 03:43 AM
Seperate_Reality

I think it depends on if the person found his or her right path or not. We each are searching for the exact spiritual truths, even if we might not yet realize this fact. Before I found what i was unknowingly perusing I could care less about any other religion or spiritual path. Only when I found the right spiritual religion, did I realize I was searching for this and indeed found it. Therefore, my guess is, this individual has not yet found this exact truth he or she is unknowingly perusing. We can sometimes sense things and yet not realize what this sense is until we locate or find what it is we are sensing.
Old 27-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Guide
Quote:

Do what you will. That is the only law. Be free to live and perceive things how you want. If there is a God, which I surely believe. Then his will is our will. Do what you wilt and let that be the whole of the law.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype