Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 12-05-2011, 08:01 PM
...Pandora...

Quote:
Pandora,
I don't know if this will help but maybe try to think of religion this way. Most religions are just theories and ideas about what man thinks God is. They are written from the personal experiences of 'man', to try to explain what it is they encountered. Experiencing God and Spirit happens all over the world in different cultures and places. That is why there are so many different gods.
God/Spirit speaks to each individual in ways that they will understand and as we progress on our journey our understanding of Spirit expands. Take time to connect to the Divine spirit and how you choose to express your belief or faith is up to you. There is no right of wrong, same God, just different names, different systems. The Divine is in everything, therefore divine expression is everywhere...

nightowl
Thanx there some kinda peace in that... even if I question parts of it.

Quote:
The God that I know isn't some big guy in the sky looking down trying to find the "bad" worshippers among us. He's a loving God; He is my inner being and I believe and trust in that.
:) I suppose I've never read of a God who wasn't even a spec of revengeful thou.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:04 PM
jackie-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzip
you need to start to listen to yourself and trust in yourself. Whatever part of religion or spirituality sits right with you is your truth.

I know what you are saying; you read the posts and debates and they make you wonder because they all make sense. But really, it's easier than that.

The God that I know isn't some big guy in the sky looking down trying to find the "bad" worshippers among us. He's a loving God; He is my inner being and I believe and trust in that.

zipzip

That's a really wise post...thank you zipzip
Old 12-05-2011, 08:14 PM
northstar

you must forgive me... i've been on chats boards too long... i will elaborate...

every religion says they are the right religion... even the religions within the religions... how can that be... christian is christian... yes?... no?... are they all following the teachings of christ? yet each hates the other? is that the message of christ... or did he say 'all that follow my teachings...

so there is either something wrong with christ... or something wrong with religion... even in islam you have sheite and suni... was there something wrong with their messenger... or with the religion...

so you find yourself at the crossroads... which road is the right road... what did god expect you to do now... take a lucky guess?... he cares about you that little that if you guess wrong you burn in hell for eternity? doesnt sound like a very fair or compassionate god to me...

if you choose the path of christ... all you have to do is follow the teachings of christ... and none shall be forsaken... let the religions argue amoungst themselves... thats their problem... not yours...

peace... stev
Old 12-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Enya

All religions are an invention of people who wanted to define and control what others feel, believe and think.
Follow the joy and the love... make that your religion.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
So if you say a God gets mad at you for not worshiping him and instead just having these experiences? Then what? :(

Well I don't say that. :)

The key is that my experiences demonstrate to me what my relationship is with 'god' or any other aspect of the universe. There isn't anything anyone could say which would overrule what I can see plainly for myself.
Old 13-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Pandora...
do you ever get the feeling your wrong? Like the path you've chosen religiously? It's been a long time since I had that feeling, but here it is again. How can we be so sure have such blind faith? I mean I know people may say "You just known, in your heart and soul" I know, I get that. But scenario >> Christian all my life I die, then reborn into someone worse for worshiping the wrong God. I mean I am punished cause after being sold every possible way to be taught what life is I finally settle on one with conviction. So what if were wrong? Why cant there be one religion so that we can follow in peace without such questions? Free will? Really?

Hi Pandora . .

I have had many lifetimes that have had a deep religious Influence . They were not wrong pathways as such because within those lifetimes I had/needed to experience that .

The many many pathways that are within life can always bring valuable experience . Perhaps many of them are created so that you may see that within these paths It can seemingly take you away from yourself so to speak .

Perhaps In a way there Is only One path back to God .

The path will be narrow .

The path you see was only designed for the One to take .

x daz x
Old 14-05-2011, 05:32 AM
din

Quote:
Are you, am I...Following the right path?!

if you're here, now, then you're on the right path!
Old 14-05-2011, 05:38 AM
gentledove

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Pandora,
I don't know if this will help but maybe try to think of religion this way. Most religions are just theories and ideas about what man thinks God is. They are written from the personal experiences of 'man', to try to explain what it is they encountered. Experiencing God and Spirit happens all over the world in different cultures and places. That is why there are so many different gods.
God/Spirit speaks to each individual in ways that they will understand and as we progress on our journey our understanding of Spirit expands. Take time to connect to the Divine spirit and how you choose to express your belief or faith is up to you. There is no right of wrong, same God, just different names, different systems. The Divine is in everything, therefore divine expression is everywhere...

nightowl

Very nice response! Actually, there are many nice responses! =)