Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-07-2017, 05:28 AM
Experiencer

Flat earth?

I have now heard from 3 different people that the earth may be "flat". I am confused. Can someone please fill me in...
Old 17-07-2017, 05:43 AM
Master
Why does this keep coming up?

Easy way to figure this out is simple science. No life would be on earth without the magnetic fields that protect us from radiation. These fields are generated from the core as the earth spins. A flat plane couldn't do this.

Also:

Old 17-07-2017, 08:57 AM
Master
People just say that to illustrate the fact that all relative truth is totally subjective and nothing more.

For example "you believe in God, therefore I shall believe in a Flat Earth because both are ridiculous".

My grandmother went to her grave insisting the moon landing was filmed in a Hollywood studio.

When I said that 'science proves it', she said 'can you prove it without science?' and of course, I couldn't do that personally.

So, although I may disagree with those 'flat earth' people, I can see where they are coming from - not in as much as 'the earth is flat' but "you believe what you will and I shall believe what I will, no matter how silly or improbable it may sound".

Like Baile said before, they are rebels...rebelling for the sake of a rebellion which does not exist, but does prove a moot point about human perception, no matter how flawed it is.

P.S. The way I know the earth is a globe is through parallax differential - something that old cameras had to take into account whilst filming the horizon.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:33 AM
Master
Flat earth is the new Bermuda Triangle or Area 51 conspiracy. Every generation has 'em. And thanks to YouTube, it's no longer every generation, it's every 6 months.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:50 AM
Deactivated Account
LOL why would people even doubt a round Earth in the first place? When you take a very good look at the horizon while you're at the beach you can actually see that the horizon is slightly curved.

Tip of the century: Don't let a bunch of Flat Earthians brainwash you with their load of rubbish.
Old 17-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
LOL why would people even doubt a round Earth in the first place?
Nobody actually doubts it, it's just the one of the latest "rogue behavior" things people do online. If you're not a talented or famous YouTube personality, you can still attract the attention you crave by becoming a YouTube conspiracy rogue lol.
Old 17-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Deactivated Account

My 6 six year old gets it ( he is smart enough to mock this theory) children are natural born scientists, adults are the problem.

I been noticing the flat earth topics too, just strange..

Old 17-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Master

I find it interesting since it is more ancient than the round Earth idea; maybe it really is flat but we just perceive it as round? Okay actually it probably is neither round or flat, it just is; the same way we neither are human or not, just are. Lately I have been considering the past and how it is not real, but alters according to the present, in such we cannot say if it once were flat and now is round; though it seems most sane to say something always have been... when maybe the truth is none of us really knows... or than this is how I perceive it now so that is my truth.

So what are their thoughts behind saying it is flat?
Old 17-07-2017, 06:36 PM
Pathfinder

accidently posted this comment early and can't delete it fs
Old 17-07-2017, 06:37 PM
Pathfinder

I believe the earth is spherical, the pattern can be seen in nature, (i.e apples, oranges, bubbles...you get the picture.)
Remember that there are people with schizophrenia that can create paranoid conspiracies.