Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Closed Thread

Old 26-09-2006, 03:04 PM
mikron

Good obervation for all here and Yes color therapy is very powerful and does effect the chakras by balencing the light aspects and doing meditaitons with the light one can discover which chakras need more healing Light than others then a person can work further with guides for deeper healing
Old 28-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Enlightener

The colours of the chakra's are: Root chakra:Red, Sacral chakra: Orange, Solar plexus:Yellow, Heart chakra: Green, Throut chakra: Light Blue, Third Eye: Dark Blue with flashes of white, Crown chakra:Purple.

sometimes I imagine myself, when I am meditating, bathed in each of these colours in corresponding order to each chakra from root to crown.

Enlightener
Old 28-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Light Mage

Some people also say that Magenta can also resonate with the Heart chakra, too.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:03 AM
Enlightener

Pipe playing baby bear

Really? I have never heard of that one before.

Enlightener
Old 04-10-2006, 10:27 AM
rose

i've heard this too light mage
Old 07-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose
thanks MG :) i found it helpful so wanted to pass it on.

Light Mage...you're right. it mentions the affect on the chakras in this site also. are there any particular colours you guys are drawn to at the moment? i wonder if i'll be over orange tomorrow

White?
Old 07-10-2006, 02:05 PM
rose

here's what that site says...

White

White (full color spectrum white color) contains the entire light spectrum. Thus it influences all systems of the body. This is the basis for light therapy. (Please refer to our section on light therapy for more details.)

White is strengthening. It is cleansing and purifying to the entire energy system. It promotes purity, virtue and spirituality.

White is nurturing; heals fevers, infections and pain; calms the heart, mind, nerves and emotions; and promotes vitality and supportive feelings.

White can awaken greater creativity. When in doubt as to what color to use, you can seldom go wrong with white.

It is beneficial to begin and end a color therapy session with white to stabilize the energy system of the individual and to give it an overall boost. It amplifies the effects of any other color used with it in a healing session.

Precautions

If used in excess, white light causes passivity, lethargy, hypersensitivity, and inhibitions.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:34 AM
kundalini

Thanks for this extra information on the colour white, Rose. I already knew about a lot of the effects of the colour white but I did not know that it is thought to stabilize and boost the energy system of an individual after colour therapy.

Thanks, K.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:22 PM
~Jay~

Going back to the colour magenta, I recently wore it for a couple of days at the height of my heart-chakra opening. Then I read the following from the link that Rose posted, and thought how appropriate it was for that time:

Magenta
Magenta is the color of the highest order, connected with spirituality, meditation, and letting go. It is an agent for change, for the clearing out of old attitudes and obsessions, and for making a break with the past. Its complement is green.

Characteristics of Magenta
Magenta energizes the adrenal glands, the heart action and the reproduction system.

Magenta acts as a diuretic.

Magenta is good for the treatment of the auric bodies.

Magenta is a fine emotional stabilizer.

- It's not a colour I would normally wear, and this top was in the back of my wardrobe, but I had such a compulsion to put it on!
Old 08-12-2006, 12:26 PM
~Jay~

A book I've recently been reading has the following information on colours:

Turquoise Connected to the throat chakra, this is the colour of expressing what you truly feel; speaking your truth.

Gold Stellar gateway chakra - The energy of gold represents completion. We have made our journey and earned our place at the pinnacle. Our spiritual achievements, earned through many lifetimes, are recognised.

Magenta Soul star chakra - Magenta indicates an intense spiritual awareness, balanced by a conectedness to the ground. It is the colour of the divine feminine, earthly wisdom combined with spiritual knowledge.

White This is the colour of purity, connected to the causal chakra. It also stands for clarity and perfection. It represents illumination, brings the qualities of all-knowing and all-seeing and allows to open to a higher wisdom.

Violet The high spiritual frequency of violet indicates a devotion to spirit and is associated with the crown chakra.

Indigo Third eye - This deep blue holds the powers of mental healing and higher psychic development.

Green Heart chakra - The colour of nature, which represents balance and harmony.

Yellow Representing the solar plexus, this is the mind colour, which enables clarity of thought.

Orange A mixture of red & yellow, this colour indicates sociability & friendliness as well as emotional harmony. It is associated with the naval chakra.

Pink This is the colour of tenderness, which represents the spirit of sexuality - not the grosser feelings of desire or lust. It soothes and clams, encouraging feelings of love and nurturing. It takes the heat out of sexual encounters and returns the beauty and joy to the sexual expression of love. Associated with the sacral chakra.

Red Root chakra - This gives us the energy to get our survival needs met.

Black Earth star chakra. This colour represents revival and renewal, and holds the potential of what we can be. Black encourages us to be still, to wait with trust in that stillness for our rebirth. It is the place where all earthly new beginnings await us.
Closed Thread