Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 07-04-2016, 07:21 PM
Master
Fitness in the Workplace

Anyone have any tips for exercises to do at a desk?

I work in insurance and am desk-bound 8 hours a day... does anyone know of any inconspicuous workouts?

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 08-04-2016, 12:23 AM
Master
I use to workout at work when no one was around. Shadowboxing, along with a variety of push ups, ab workouts, leg squats, high jumps, throwing a small ball against the wall or chair and catching it or moving my body and head out of the way to work my reflects. Jump rope, if you have enough space. Short distance sprints. Sit in a squat position until your legs burn. Stay in a halfway push up position until your shoulders burn. Lay down with your foot about 6 inches off the floor and head off the floor with your hands over your head until your abs burn. Jumping jacks, stationary sprints, etc.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I use to workout at work when no one was around. Shadowboxing, along with a variety of push ups, ab workouts, leg squats, high jumps, throwing a small ball against the wall or chair and catching it or moving my body and head out of the way to work my reflects. Jump rope, if you have enough space. Short distance sprints. Sit in a squat position until your legs burn. Stay in a halfway push up position until your shoulders burn. Lay down with your foot about 6 inches off the floor and head off the floor with your hands over your head until your abs burn. Jumping jacks, stationary sprints, etc.

I work in a small insurance office... I need to be discrete! haha I will take these tips though for home!

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 08-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Master
why hide the desire to be healthy?
discreet as in unobtrusive is fine, but why does
inconspicuous sound like elusive/secretive to me?
Old 08-04-2016, 01:57 PM
Master
Not sure why it makes you feel that way? Just not trying to make a spectacle of myself and scare off customers!

Discreet then :)

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 08-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Master
who knows, it might attract customers.
knowing that you're interested in being healthy could be reassuring.
just avoid the heavy weights and the punching bags.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Ascender

kegels, you're husband will love you for it. jk i have no idea.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Master

Thank you! These links are great :)

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 12-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Master
I have three jobs, the worst and most boring is an office job...I'm my office, it's just me and two adjusters so I can get away with bringing in my T25 workout dvds...I don't listen to the dvd...I listen to my iPod and do the exercises... I've been trying to persuade my boss/bf to put his unused exercise equipment in the conference room since no one uses that. I also have 2 ten pounds weights I keep under my desk to use when I can