Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Master

How can anything so beautiful stem from a dumb, blind, unknowing, targetless, pointless, useless, hopeless, aimless, worthless, fruitless, brainless, unfeeling, lifeless...... and so on, theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcD2bBgc6XQ
Old 25-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
How can anything so beautiful stem from a dumb, blind, unknowing, targetless, pointless, useless, hopeless, aimless, worthless, fruitless, brainless, unfeeling, lifeless...... and so on, theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcD2bBgc6XQ

Again......all the theory of natural selection says is that "living things adapt (evolve) to suit the environment they live in over a period of time. That's it!

The fact that living things change due to environmental pressures can be seen and witnessed and quantified and is obvious and undeniable science.

I don't personally see a conflict between believing in a creative force in the universe (God...whatever you wish to call it) and seeing what cold hard science makes obvious.

For instance....there are just 41 unique genetic lines of human beings on this planet.....41 different lines of code if you will that make up all the variation in the total of the human race world wide.

And we all carry the code for adaption in skin color to suit a particular environment....

Take a white couple.......put them into a sub-Saharan environment (high ultraviolet exposure). Let them start having children....as the generations go by.....skin color will get darker and darker....in about 10,000 to 20,000 years there progeny will have dark skin and eyes at birth and look like someone from southern India.

This is an example of a species adapting to its environment over time...

Science deals with hard, measurable facts in our natural world....religion deals with philosophy (things outside of science) ...the two shouldn't be mixed in my opinion.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 26-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Again......all the theory of natural selection says is that "living things adapt (evolve) to suit the environment they live in over a period of time. That's it!

The fact that living things change due to environmental pressures can be seen and witnessed and quantified and is obvious and undeniable science.

I don't personally see a conflict between believing in a creative force in the universe (God...whatever you wish to call it) and seeing what cold hard science makes obvious.

For instance....there are just 41 unique genetic lines of human beings on this planet.....41 different lines of code if you will that make up all the variation in the total of the human race world wide.

And we all carry the code for adaption in skin color to suit a particular environment....

Take a white couple.......put them into a sub-Saharan environment (high ultraviolet exposure). Let them start having children....as the generations go by.....skin color will get darker and darker....in about 10,000 to 20,000 years there progeny will have dark skin and eyes at birth and look like someone from southern India.

This is an example of a species adapting to its environment over time...

Science deals with hard, measurable facts in our natural world....religion deals with philosophy (things outside of science) ...the two shouldn't be mixed in my opinion.

I have no doubt that living things adapt and change according to that which surrounds them in whatever form. But how can dead matter bring forth life?
How can dead matter know what love is, art, beauty, music, colour, design, architecture, imagination, hate, desire, and all the rest...
Old 26-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titortastic
Those who believe in evolution I have some questions I would like to present. Initially not to debate but for clarification. First of all is it really possible to believe in evolution and be Christian, Catholic, etc? Secondly something that has really bothered me is the effects of evolution.

What I mean by that is the idea there is a evolutionary change that occurs when the body adapts over many many years to the changing functions of its biology. One specific example that I cant seem to get over is Wisdom teeth. I was told that we used to use our back molars more prevalently waaaaay back when, when chewing was necessary to rip meat off bones and so on and so forth. If that is true then evolution is a thing right? Otherwise here is my dilemma.

I believe that we were created by....something(s), or someone(s). But people really do have issues with their wisdom teeth coming in or is that a farce. I got mine taken out before they "became a problem" but other people have had issues with them right? If wisdom teeth ARE and issue and need to be removed then doesn't that give evolution more ground?

How can we be created in the image of our creators whim but have notable mass biological problems?

Also I do realize the dentistry field is a business but I was just curious if anyone hasn't had their wisdom teeth pulled and had any issues with them.

I guess i'll start with that and let it ride...
You may like to visit Lamarck's theory on evolution. Like how giraffes developed a long neck so as to give them an advantage on eating the top shrubbery off trees, where other animals could not reach it - but then, why didn't all animals get long necks, only the giraffes did? but yeah, I believe in evolution.
Old 26-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I have no doubt that living things adapt and change according to that which surrounds them in whatever form. But how can dead matter bring forth life?
How can dead matter know what love is, art, beauty, music, colour, design, architecture, imagination, hate, desire, and all the rest...

The theory of natural selection does not explain the spark of creation...it only quantifies that which is obvious in our natural world.....such as the fact that living things change over time due to environmental pressures

Explaining that spark is outside the realm of science....and entering the realm of philosophy (religion)

Really....your question about how can dead matter bring forth life goes back to the old philosophical question of the "un-caused first cause".......as you go back through the reaches of time... science can point out ...that this caused this and this caused that.....

But if you fallow the logic of causative events.... at some point in the far reaches of time....you get to an event (creation) that has no obvious cause....science cannot explain why are how it happend.....it simply did!

This is the "un-caused first cause of philosophical debate and to my mind where religion must step in to provide possible answers......and of course...what religions espouse as truth must be taken on faith because we have entered the realm of the unknown and perhaps unknowable

Old 26-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Master
Duplicate post...this thing does that sometimes.......

Old 26-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
You may like to visit Lamarck's theory on evolution. Like how giraffes developed a long neck so as to give them an advantage on eating the top shrubbery off trees, where other animals could not reach it - but then, why didn't all animals get long necks, only the giraffes did? but yeah, I believe in evolution.

I wonder if thats why trees are so tall, theyve been trying to escape giraffes
Old 26-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
I wonder if thats why trees are so tall, theyve been trying to escape giraffes

....and before Giraffes.. Trees were trying to escape Apatosaurus and his long necked cousins! LOL!