Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 03-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Master
I find some of the non typical troll like behavior to be far more annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Well said Lorelyn!

To to the OP, I agree that blatant trolls should be ignored, those with insults flying and offering no opportunity for conversation...But I would say, right up to the very edge of ignore, IMO they should be welcomed and engaged to the fullest extent possible. Even though it may be difficult, as we all know. Not every insult is blatant...many are sideways or may turn bitter due to delivery with a lack of understanding or compassion.

But I say there's some merit to it all, up to and unless you come the realisation that you may just not be able to meaningfully discuss with them at that time. In which case, perhaps I would still favour simply withdrawing from an active exchange but still allowing for them to present their views. Even if unpopular and certainly including all the controversial and anti-establishment views. That's why I don't believe in using the "ignore" feature, on principle, if you will. I can always mentally skip over something if it was just that weird or wacky.

I know some will disagree but IMO we absolutely need all that. We need to be reminded of the differences and to honour them...that last is so crucial, even when it's not easy or when we're really just not exactly sure how or where to meet them. It's where we find our deepest humanity...not in condemning others (though perhaps some gentle or even firm reminders are in order at times, LOL...), but rather in saying, could you elaborate a bit? Or I see what you're saying, but what about this or have you also considered that? And then perhaps, it's been a good or interesting discussion and thanks for your thoughts.

Also...much of it is in the turn of phrase we trot out...and so again, we may reflect on that and gain something. What is the difference between a strong opinion (which we hold but may or may not share) and a strong conviction, which we may or may not verbalise? Not necessarily so much, except that one may be used in a pejorative manner by some to put others down (he or she is opinionated or has "strong opinions" about what matters to them)...whilst it's probably ok if you voice that you are a person of "strong convictions", eh? Hahaha

Somehow, I've always felt that a large portion of what is so good about SF is the fact that so many can come here and be heard. And hopefully, received with kindness or at least with courtesy...even if they are -- perhaps especially if they are -- insurrectionists and anti-establishment in some way. Absolutely, distance from centre gives perspective, and I feel that I nearly always have something to learn from others. At the very least, I can learn more about where they are at in this moment.

Peace & blessings
7L

I like your perspective on this.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I find some of the non typical troll like behavior to be far more annoying.

I like your perspective on this.

Right back atcha.
Live and let live to the greatest degree imaginable, ideally.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke