Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Pathfinder

Count me in as another who finds the current era uncomfortable. I also gravitate to the early 1900s in my general tastes. The 21st century has advantages but I don't need a smartphone, or 100 TV channels, and wouldn't even know how to use an ipad. 7L's post sums it up well.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlemalt
Count me in as another who finds the current era uncomfortable. I also gravitate to the early 1900s in my general tastes. The 21st century has advantages but I don't need a smartphone, or 100 TV channels, and wouldn't even know how to use an ipad. 7L's post sums it up well.
I would much rather live thousands of years ago, or 1800's at the latest.

I used to be obsessed with 15-1600's Fuedal Japan as well
Old 21-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebraBlume
I'm 18. Don't use a mobile, I buy vintage cars, vintage radios and furniture (we are concerning the 1910's - 1920's period, here). I couldn't care less about social media or what a 'Twitter' is. I despise seeing men and women dressed casually in the street and how everyone looks so unhealthy now. I dress and speak very 'old fashioned'.The early 1900's evokes an odd sense of nostalgia or something similar to it. I find it weird and anti-social how people stare like imbeciles at a handheld brick as if it were a voluptuous woman and fail to physically communicate with each other. When it comes to assignments, I will often hand-write them.

Technology in particular stresses me out badly, especially those relying on connectivity or computerization. I prefer analog and people find me weird, saying how modern technology is so great while I am suffering. It is difficult to find 'vintage' items now a days. It feels like the world (meaning the world of old) has ended and I am having to salvage old relics in order to feel comfortable. Modern buildings literally make me feel sick. My University has some relic partitions (being that it was built in 1921) but the majority of it has become modernized. The plain white atmosphere with computers everywhere makes me feel ill. In some ways, I feel like a walking ghost.

I am not disliking of change, in particular, since I have always hated the modern era and find everything surreal, ugly, and weird. Occasionally I will cry about it, because it makes me feel depressed. As the world becomes more modernized and vintage items decrease in number, I feel more depressed and chaotic about the matter.

It can also be the unprecedented pollution of modern times, which creates a lot of bad chi, which tends to increase unconsciousness and unhappiness.

The state of consciousness of human beings is also pretty poor at this point of time which reflects on the things they make, even if they are of a high technical level.

I will cite an example to illustrate this point.

In medieval times, there was an enlightened master in Asia known as Kabir who was also a weaver.

People lined up in queues for the cloth he made. This was surprising because his cloth were relatively poor in quality compared to those brought from elsewhere. Kabir was a blissed out master who used to sing songs, recite poems or meditate while weaving and he would often stop in between because of ecstasy.

As stated earlier, there were much better material quality wise that could be obtained, but most people preferred Kabir's cloth , even if imperfectly woven, because of the vibes of bliss they contained. They were more interested in the state of consciousness of the one who made the cloth rather than the quality of the cloth itself.

It is like home cooked food by your mother or loved one. You can get richer and tastier food in a good restaurant, but you will still feel a certain lack in it.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 21-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebraBlume
I'm 18. Don't use a mobile, I buy vintage cars, vintage radios and furniture (we are concerning the 1910's - 1920's period, here). I couldn't care less about social media or what a 'Twitter' is. I despise seeing men and women dressed casually in the street and how everyone looks so unhealthy now. I dress and speak very 'old fashioned'.The early 1900's evokes an odd sense of nostalgia or something similar to it. I find it weird and anti-social how people stare like imbeciles at a handheld brick as if it were a voluptuous woman and fail to physically communicate with each other. When it comes to assignments, I will often hand-write them.

Technology in particular stresses me out badly, especially those relying on connectivity or computerization. I prefer analog and people find me weird, saying how modern technology is so great while I am suffering. It is difficult to find 'vintage' items now a days. It feels like the world (meaning the world of old) has ended and I am having to salvage old relics in order to feel comfortable. Modern buildings literally make me feel sick. My University has some relic partitions (being that it was built in 1921) but the majority of it has become modernized. The plain white atmosphere with computers everywhere makes me feel ill. In some ways, I feel like a walking ghost.

I am not disliking of change, in particular, since I have always hated the modern era and find everything surreal, ugly, and weird. Occasionally I will cry about it, because it makes me feel depressed. As the world becomes more modernized and vintage items decrease in number, I feel more depressed and chaotic about the matter.

Embrace what you like and how you feel. You definitely had a love for the past life that you lived and in the time you lived. There's still plenty of vintage stuff to go around.

Also, embrace the internet. As always, the internet is so huge and you will find plenty of vintage stuff to be bought.

I'm like you. I love the old furniture, cars etc. I also feel like i miss "the olden days".
Old 24-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Guide

I can relate to this. I love vintage things. Reminds me of my childhood when I spent time with my great grandparents on the lake in their cabin. Grandpa use to have a white porcelain wash basin next to a mirror, where he would scrub his face every morning at 6 a.m, and at 7:30 a.m, he would have breakfast made. Grandma collected vintage dolls, and they had beautiful real wood carved vintage furniture through out their house, some pieces from her childhood bedroom set. An old record player about 4 ft tall and made of wood stood in their living room. Grandma also collected lava lamps in the mid 80s when I was still a small kid...I would stare at it at night, watching the lava float and drip from top to bottom until I fell asleep. It seems life was more solid back in their days, their furniture was made better, their houses were made stronger and their traditions and marriages lasted longer. My great grandparents were married for over 65 years. Although divorce was heard of, it wasn't an epidemic...people married for life. It seems our generations have not had the same stability, or family support and unit as they use to. Also, people use to have much bigger families back then, my great grandpa is one of 10 children, with lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins. Many of us today would've lucky to have one of our parents for support and a relationship with our siblings...and maybe a good friend.
Old 24-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
Grandma also collected lava lamps

That's awesome...

Old 24-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Knower
You know... sometimes we were just exposed to a lot of old fashioned stuff as kids and forget about it, and how comfortable it made us feel. All my parents old friends were such nice and friendly and simple people. To me, in the 80's, it felt like their kind and their posessions were from 100 years ago - which is more or less accurate. It just bothers me that the explanation always has to be "gee it must have been another life I'm remembering".
Old 24-03-2016, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator
I was drawn to this thread because my Dad always used to say those words: "I prefer not to live in the 21st century." He passed away about 11am on New Year's Eve 1999.....after partaking of a Buck's Fizz (champagne and orange juice)

Well...there are some messed-up things going on nowadays, but on the other hand I have memories of early childhood not long after the war, in a smoke-blackened northern town where people coughed themselves to death, everything you touched dirtied your fingers, flowers struggled to grow, and older people walked about with twisted backs and bow-legs from childhood Rickets caused by lack of sunlight.
As the years passed we lived in a nicer place. But I would never ever wish to return to those "Dark Satanic Mills" in the 1950s. To my own view I am better in the present!
Old 25-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Knower

Your dislike of the 21st century is very understandable. The world is progressing more and more to one filled with hate and a rat-race in search of wealth, cheap thrills, immediate gratification, and other lower vibration pursuits. All these technological gadgets are of a lower vibration and bring one's energy level down.... in a sense creating a blah feeling....

A world filled with love would be a very joyous one and one where I think everyone would very much to live on.

The media has reasons to promote fear which is a negative energy and makes people miserable and hinders a persons spiritual development.

If you want to enjoy life more then turn off the television and don't read the newspaper. The media only tells you what they want you to know.

Strive to make this "Heaven on Earth".... There is good in life. You need to know what to avoid and what to allow in your life.
Old 25-03-2016, 09:17 PM
Master

Yes, good not to romanticise the good old days. Some areas of progress made but some areas where we have made mistakes -- I love the technology which brings us the internet which brings us here - and I love social media to a degree as I'm in touch with wonderful people whom I might not be in touch with otherwise but - well - everyone has their touch points with it.