Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 10-01-2017, 11:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Question What Does Heart Chakra Opening Feel Like?

I have been healing the aftermath of an abusive relationship for some time. The hardest thing for me has been a constant 24/7 numbness / squeezing in my heart. Doctor said everything is fine, medications don't touch it, so I've been focusing on spirituality.

For almost a year I have been practicing forgiveness, since I read this is the key to the heart chakra. Since then I have encountered two distinct feelings. I am wondering which direction to focus on.

1) When I meditate on forgiveness because all perpetrators are suffering, I usually will cry and feel sad. It's emotional and heavy. It feels like the heart could maybe "unknot" if I break down enough?

2) When I meditate on releasing my shame and self-blame and low self-worth, I feel this amazing energy down the back of my head and entire spine, radiating from around / behind the heart area. Basically a sense of "I am good and loved and free to be myself". It feels like my crown chakra is showering my heart with infinite love. Nothing is heavy.

I am not sure which to focus on. Is forgiveness more of a sad heavy emotional unknotting with lots of crying, or a freeing surge of light and joy?

It is hard for me to know if I still need to process emotions, or if it's okay to just let go and feel joyful again. I am afraid I'm just "distracting" myself with this joyful energy, if there are emotions that need my attention.

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Master
If you are forgiving someone and focus too much on their situation, that means finding the reason for why you should forgive them (contempleating their suffering), then naturally empathy will kick in and you'll feel a little bit of their emotions. Perhaps not their emotions but what you anticipate their emotions would be based off your thoughts.

I'd focus on #2. That is the one that is yielding real results. The first one is causing empathy to arise and that consequently is blocking your progress.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I'd focus on #2. That is the one that is yielding real results. The first one is causing empathy to arise and that consequently is blocking your progress.
Great minds think alike:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=109513
Old 16-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Newbie ;)

I'm in a similar situation right now and would love to get some more tips on how to "fix" it.
Old 16-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondus
I'm in a similar situation right now and would love to get some more tips on how to "fix" it.

what's your situation?
Old 17-01-2017, 03:02 AM
Going by the title question alone...
it feels like a flood gate has been opened....and love is pouring/
gushing out.
It feels beautiful...
there is no mistaking when the heart chakra is opened.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-01-2017, 11:52 AM
Master
When you're trying so hard to force something to happen it will not happen.
You cannot force love. It's a state of being, a state of becoming. Becoming love. The more you try to force that to happen, the farther you'll move away from it.

Love means accepting what is instead of fighting it. Love yourself, accept yourself totally as you are, with or without activated heart chakra, flaws etc.
Focusing on other ppl's suffering.... Why bother? Each has their own path in life. Why should you let yourself be dragged down by that? Accepting again. Accept that all is in Divine order. Each is where they are supposed to be and is no business of yours whatsoever to worry about.
The only way to love is to be love, which means accepting that some are suffering, bad, ill, unhappy, depressed. It's okay. And not your problem. Why make your own life difficult when someone else has chosen to learn what it's like to suffer? Do you think they'll suffer less when you suffer with them? Will the ill get less ill when you get ill too out of sympathy?

The best way to help others is to simply (be) love. That's all you have to do. Meaning you accept everything as it is and learn to love yourself the way you are.

How it feels.... Like Miss Hepburn described. Wonderful, glorious overwhelming love, state of being (I Am), connected to All That Is. I feel my tum get softer and open up, and love and connection start are pouring out of me.
Colours seem brighter and more intense. Ppl react differently, even the grumpy ones. Children feel, sense and see it and will smile. It's like being on a high. You go about beaming. It's simply wonderful!
Old 17-01-2017, 11:53 AM
Master
PS listen to Abraham Hicks for a while. That'll get you there much much faster than all the meditating in the world.
Old 17-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Master
Comet...I'm sorry for your troubles.

The simplest or truest way to open or heal from the heart numbness is also the hardest. Go into your numbness and be with your numbness. Then, from time to time as the numbness breaks --even if only momentarily -- go into your pain and be with your pain. Ride the cycles of your heart and the rise and fall of your numbness and pain like wavesurfing...roll with it and do not fight it. If it seems unbearable, stay with it as long as possible before releasing. Try riding the wave every time it presents itself. Then also try to be patient with yourself and take all opportunities to nurture yourself.

Remember eventually the shore will come into view. Perhaps repeatedly.
And eventually the tears will surface and you will see the pain and the sorrow as a great blessing...as the mark of your full humanity and the ability to feel once more.

Anytime, but especially once your feelings and your emotional strength begin to return, I strongly urge a short but powerful meditation and healing session with the guides, as often as needed. All the archangels do this particularly well. Ask Raphael for anything relating to healing...and particularly for illumination on the nature of love (i.e., the nature of reality and of All that Is)...which is what comprises the heart on all levels, down to the physical. For expanding the hard or unforgiving heart, you can ask Michael. For strengthening the fearful or weak heart, you can ask Gabriel. For hope and transformation, you can ask Uriel.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 05-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Experiencer
Book1

"When kundalini passes through the heart chakra spiritual emotion is awakened"