Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 29-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Ascender
First pendulum - some questions

Hello :)
So first of all I just had my first pendulum, it's called a Arapaho pendulum, does this mean something or is it just a name as the only think I've found on arapaho is a native american tribe.
Here's a picture of my pendulum :

[IMG]http://[/IMG]

And then before using it , can we like cleanse it just like stone ? Because as I have said in another thread I'm quite afraid of negative energy coming and messing up with my pendulum, so is there a way to like cleanse and/or protect the pendulum ?

And how do I use the pendulum ? Can I talk to my spirit guide with it ? Is there question I can't ask ? What do I have to know before using it ?
Old 29-01-2012, 04:37 PM
michael55

Wow. That is a neat looking pendulum.
Old 30-01-2012, 02:50 PM
I-Ching

I keep all my divination tools in salt water, in which I put 15ml salt of every 3 days, as per my instructions from the I-Ching.
The I-Ching is also recommends a diamond shaped crystal pendulum.
Old 30-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Master
My "Sunday Best" pendulum is rose quartz engraved with a pentacle but my absolute best one is an acorn on a thread
Old 30-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Ascender
In fact it's the cousin of my dad who have gift it to me :) I haven't really choose it but I think it's so kind for her to have gift it to me so I really like it . I haven't done any divination with it yet...
Old 17-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Pegasus

Lovely pendulum... I am just thinking of having a go with pendulums and recently read that your pendulum can be anything... Love the idea of Norseman's acorn on a thread

Good luck, let us know how you get on
Old 27-03-2012, 08:02 PM
faith_hope_love

Pendulum Motion
Intuition Made Visible

Using a pendulum is a simple way to clarify messages from intuition or inspiration.

Using a pendulum is a simple way to clarify messages from intuition or inspiration. With its minimal construction of a weight, or bob, allowed to swing freely from a piece of cord or chain, it gives us a visual understanding of the subtle energies that influence us. When we ask a question using the pendulum, we may receive answers from our own intuition or from our spirit guides or angels. The process, known as "dowsing" or "divining," is also useful to check our energy centers or even to find lost articles. Whether it is our energy or the whispers of our guides creating the motion, the pendulum helps us better understand the secret language of spirit.

Your pendulum can be anything that feels right to you: a crystal pendant, wood or metal ornaments, a seashell, an item with sentimental value, or even an acorn on a string. The key is that it must be balanced so it can swing freely. Before and after each session, you may want to purify your pendulum, perhaps by using salt water or burning sage or incense. Focus on becoming still and choose who you would like to answer your questions, your higher self or your spirit guides or guardian angels. By asking questions whose answers you already know and watching the corresponding movements, you can learn what "yes" and "no" look like. Your pendulum may move forward and back for "yes" and side-to-side for "no," or perhaps a variety of circular motions will be your indicators. For some people, movement comes easily as they are more in tune with working with energy, but do not give up if you do not get movement right away. Determining a neutral state, which may be stillness or another ! distinct motion, can help avoid confusion as well. Once you are familiar with your pendulum, you can use it to check the energy of a room, or use a pendulum over your chakras to see if they are blocked or open.

When we make a practice of listening to our spiritual guidance, we find it more accessible to us in general. The use of a tool like the pendulum can only help us gain mastery in this understanding, allowing us to transform our lives into playgrounds for manifesting our gifts and dreams
Old 14-05-2012, 10:20 PM
I love my Twin Soul

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith_hope_love
Pendulum Motion
Intuition Made Visible

Using a pendulum is a simple way to clarify messages from intuition or inspiration.

Using a pendulum is a simple way to clarify messages from intuition or inspiration. With its minimal construction of a weight, or bob, allowed to swing freely from a piece of cord or chain, it gives us a visual understanding of the subtle energies that influence us. When we ask a question using the pendulum, we may receive answers from our own intuition or from our spirit guides or angels. The process, known as "dowsing" or "divining," is also useful to check our energy centers or even to find lost articles. Whether it is our energy or the whispers of our guides creating the motion, the pendulum helps us better understand the secret language of spirit.

Your pendulum can be anything that feels right to you: a crystal pendant, wood or metal ornaments, a seashell, an item with sentimental value, or even an acorn on a string. The key is that it must be balanced so it can swing freely. Before and after each session, you may want to purify your pendulum, perhaps by using salt water or burning sage or incense. Focus on becoming still and choose who you would like to answer your questions, your higher self or your spirit guides or guardian angels. By asking questions whose answers you already know and watching the corresponding movements, you can learn what "yes" and "no" look like. Your pendulum may move forward and back for "yes" and side-to-side for "no," or perhaps a variety of circular motions will be your indicators. For some people, movement comes easily as they are more in tune with working with energy, but do not give up if you do not get movement right away. Determining a neutral state, which may be stillness or another ! distinct motion, can help avoid confusion as well. Once you are familiar with your pendulum, you can use it to check the energy of a room, or use a pendulum over your chakras to see if they are blocked or open.

When we make a practice of listening to our spiritual guidance, we find it more accessible to us in general. The use of a tool like the pendulum can only help us gain mastery in this understanding, allowing us to transform our lives into playgrounds for manifesting our gifts and dreams

That was very well put. I sometime might be holding something and talking about something that my Helpers ,as I call them agree with, or don't agree with and the object that I am holding, as long as it can swing will take off madly. I had a lady that used to bring me some unused bread from where she worked and when I would be talking to her holding the plastic bags they were in at the top, they would start swinging away. My answers are that it swings around and around, clock wise for yes,and anti clock wise for no.
Old 15-05-2012, 01:43 AM
CathyO

I love my pendulums and use them or at least 1-2 of them almost every day
I have one for angels, one for using while I do readings, one for fairies/elves, one for loved ones on the Other Side , one for animal totems and one for my spirit guides.
Each one is different in look and programming as not all go in the same direction for yes and no. My fairy one is a dragonfly pendant I wore the day I got married

Vicky your pendulum has a merlin or Lord of the Rings feel to it. Very old worldly charm on it.
Not all crystals work well with salt or sunlight so be sure to research your crystal before using either one on it.
Old 16-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Ascender
Thanks for all your answer :)
Yes cathy It sure have a lord of the rings or merling feeling to it ahah :)

-This is either madness or brilliance !
- It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide ...
[Captain Jack Sparrow ]