Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Hmm, I guess if someone may have just that going for them, Idk...it just didn't seem appropriate or correct, but uh, it's getting clearer to me what was meant...
Just another dumb idea going through my head, lol.

well, "spiritual" is such a nebulous term so maybe that's where the idea becomes vague.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Enya

Using experience as example... my mother, after dying, told me that she had experienced the hurt of others as caused by her in that life and now felt sorrow at what she had knowingly done. That's what is meant by an individual life review. It's not a trial, it's not done so you can watch someone else's review and see 'justice' dealt, it's done so you can accept responsibility for your choices and, I suspect, balance the books so you don't carry that burden onward in your energy field.

A good way to avoid having to do much of this balancing is to recognise, forgive, ask for forgiveness and/or release while still here on this earth.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Master
Oh, ok. That's why I like these forums, people talk about things and you never think about them until someone else brings them up, making things clearer, oftentimes.

That makes sense. But only for people who have a conscience.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Enya

Oh, if you don't have a conscience, something will rear up and bite you in the bum, spiritually speaking... what goes around always comes around.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
Oh, if you don't have a conscience, something will rear up and bite you in the bum, spiritually speaking... what goes around always comes around.

I sure hope so, lol.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
responsibility? one would have to take responsibility for every action or inaction that led up to ones actions or inactions since the beginning of human self awareness.

if one believes in "original sin" one would have to take responsibility for the first couple's cosmic boo boo.

if one believes in "karma" one would have to take responsibility for the first karmic action.

we are all products of our environment.

Yes and No.....so it seems to me..........we can transcend/overcome/release/etc our conditioning........or so it seems to me.
We can grow to be an active observer instead of being a product of.......or so life seems to me.
James
Old 02-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya

**shrug** psychopaths are born without the ability to empathize. it's evident in their behavior and lack of certain emotions in early childhood. they have no conscience so "spiritually speaking" how could a "go around" come around and have any meaning to someone who has no ability to understand the "come around"?
Old 02-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Yes and No.....so it seems to me..........we can transcend/overcome/release/etc our conditioning........or so it seems to me.
We can grow to be an active observer instead of being a product of.......or so life seems to me.
James

ah but only if something in your genetic/spiritual/environmental conditioning allows for the ability to transcend and become an active observer.

the congenitally blind can not experience color.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:
**shrug** psychopaths are born without the ability to empathize. it's evident in their behavior and lack of certain emotions in early childhood. they have no conscience so "spiritually speaking" how could a "go around" come around and have any meaning to someone who has no ability to understand the "come around"?

So, would that mean that they simply have no soul or if they do, does that mean it will be like they were never born? Their punishment? It can get weird trying to figure this out.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Master
Quote:
ah but only if something in your genetic/spiritual/environmental conditioning allows for the ability to transcend and become an active observer.

the congenitally blind can not experience color.

Intellectually speaking………Maybe….. but at the risk of sounding non-intellectual (lol)..I don’t think/feel that is the case.
I can’t argue against what you are saying but I can certainly state this based on experience…..Maybe not……
Life is just way too magical to say “but only if” to me.
James