Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Neville

Is not this No mind state, because of it's independence from the physical brain non the less a state of conciousness/awareness?

Surely even to percieve or understand it to be a No mind state would require a physical brain to acknowledge it as such. In fact Mushin the Oriental No mind state is acknowledged as a mental state.

But that argument seems to go in ever decreasing circles which at length would lead us to diappear up our own cerebelum's or other intellectual orifices.

To coin a Tennis saying .New Balls please. No mind indeed pfft
Old 17-04-2011, 07:01 PM
HBuck72

I think the afterlife is what we make it, based on the life we lived in this life. If you did positive things in order to attract positive energy, the after life will be positive, if you did negative things and have accumulated negative energy it will be negative.
Old 21-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Nikki-Charliie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
It has been mooted, subtly and sometimes overtly that the Afterlife is what we think it to be.

Once again we as creators create. If this is the case, the possibilities are limitless.

Is there any mileage in this supposition ?

Yep I agree. Thats why we wonder why people who have died, dont come back here if they had a choice. Because they can get to create what they wanted and the be with their family still in the mind creativity. Life is an illusion.
Old 21-04-2011, 04:53 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBuck72
I think the afterlife is what we make it, based on the life we lived in this life. If you did positive things in order to attract positive energy, the after life will be positive, if you did negative things and have accumulated negative energy it will be negative.

At this point in my journey this is very close to what I believe ..

nightowl
Old 21-04-2011, 06:47 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Once again we as creators create. If this is the case, the possibilities are limitless.

I believe that when we shift back into non-physical reality we can create the reality that we expect to see based upon our lifetime beliefs. So heaven/hell, tunnel with white light, family and friends greeting you on the "other" side etc can all be our immediate experience after transitioning. However it doesn't take very long to realize one very noticeable difference between this "new" reality and the one we had just been experiencing physically.

There is no longer any "lag" between thought and experience. So as soon as we think things could change to something else, it does. Then maybe we think it should go back to where we just weer, so it does. Immediately. In physical form there tends to be some "time" the passes between believing in a new reality and experiencing it directly. In spirit the change occurs instantaneously with the thought and quickly makes it apparent that you are completely free to go and experience whatever you want, whenever you want.

I'm looking forward to it.

Love and Light
Old 13-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Bluegreen

I agree with GentleStrength that what we will encounter upon death is determined by our beliefs in life. (See Mellen-Thomas Benedicts' NDE.)
Some people do not see a tunnel but experience death as crossing a river (Greek, Egyptian memories perhaps?)

According to Cayce, we must right what was wrong in the realm where we did wrong. If so, we will eventually have to return to this planet, perhaps after living lives elsewhere in the universe, who knows.

I think it is our higher Self which chooses the next life or its next manifstation. My present persona would not be wise enough.
Two nice books dealing with this subject are Michael Newton's Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls. I have an Adobe version of Journey of Souls if anyone is interested. Just PM me.
Old 13-05-2011, 05:30 PM
northstar

i'v been to many neville where the spirits greet me and say 'this is my place'... then again these are spirits that have yet to be born... then there are the cultural heavens teachings yet to be born spirits of the culture they will be born into... then there is my kingdom in the heavens, my creation, which is mostly for spirits yet to be born...

of the land of the dead i've only met few... yet one is an old friend who now resides in my kingdom... but it was as though she had to join it kicking and screaming all the way (long story)... but i've also seen the savior jesus greeting those that follow him into the kingdom of heaven...

so i think its one of those simple but complicated things based on the individual... some create and others have them created for them, until that time when they decide for themselves...
Old 14-05-2011, 04:03 AM
Kruise

Read Lisa William's latest book called "survival of the soul". It is a great book about the afterlife and what happens to the soul and you may find that you "know" or remember what is written as you read it. It certainly made sense to me, as if I was reading back over an old diary.
K.