Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 15-07-2018, 12:08 PM
Master
There are many 'theories' which have been accepted as 'fact' without any proof.

The Speed of Light is one...Dark Energy is another...a 11th Dimension Universe is another...

It seems that the more people who can believe in a belief will make it 'factual' without it having to be proven.

Still, there are no 'tests' to prove the Soul exists...to prove God exists...to prove I have Autism to another who will disbelieve it anyway despite all the 'proof' in existence...to prove man landed on the moon and it wasn't all staged in a Hollywood studio (as my deceased Grandmother believed).
Old 15-07-2018, 12:15 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Until the Atheist says "okay then, PROVE God exists" and of course, I will say "I cannot prove it" and the Atheist will go "AHA! that means God doesn't exist" and I will say "not at all...that only means I cannot PROVE God exists...which has no bearing on God's existence" and so, finally the Atheist goes "you're brainwashed...I am outta here" and I laugh....letting him BELIEVE that I have been "brainwashed".
That entire dialogue was very funny.

I can prove there is a thing called God...however, I would have to tell the person....sit.
Sit, eyes closed, in a stillness almost beyond anything you could imagine...a stillness
where you are almost not breathing, the mind becomes empty of thought; the atom point, the zero point.
Then, do this for hours...say, 4, 6.
If nothing appears to you...do this over and over each day and then for decades.
[Not that I would have to do this now, but I did...but, if starting from less than zero, meaning doubt, that would be what it might take.]

Sure, a person may get a sudden transcendental experience , often called Cosmic Consciousness, when finally the teeny,
intellectual, pea brain's Doors of Perception* are opened and you 'see'.
You make direct contact with that Omnipresent Spiritual Creative Force of Infinite Intelligence and not just Love but, Bliss.
And then you will walk around like us ...being asked to prove it...

How can we explain being able
To see a World in a grain of sand.
Hold Infinity in the palm of our hand
And Eternity in an hour?

(thank you William Blake)

*Now, this phrase is from Aldous Huxley, Shivani And Cosmic Consciousness, by Dr. Richard M. Bucke around 1898.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
That entire dialogue was very funny.

I can prove there is a thing called God...however, I would have to tell the person....sit.
Sit, eyes closed, in a stillness almost beyond anything you could imagine...a stillness
where you are almost not breathing, the mind becomes empty of thought; the atom point, the zero point.
Then, do this for hours...say, 4, 6.
If nothing appears to you...do this over and over each day and then for decades.
[Not that I would have to do this now, but I did...but, if starting from less than zero, meaning doubt, that would be what it might take.]

Sure, a person may get a sudden transcendental experience , often called Cosmic Consciousness, when finally the teeny,
intellectual, pea brain's Doors of Perception* are opened and you 'see'.
You make direct contact with that Omnipresent Spiritual Creative Force of Infinite Intelligence and not just Love but, Bliss.
And then you will walk around like us ...being asked to prove it...

How can we explain being able
To see a World in a grain of sand.
Hold Infinity in the palm of our hand
And Eternity in an hour?

(thank you William Blake)

*Now, this phrase is from Aldous Huxley, Shivani And Cosmic Consciousness, by Dr. Richard M. Bucke around 1898.
Ah, Aldous Huxley and William Blake...I am a huge fan of both!

The Doors of Perception/Heaven and Hell was read until the covers fell off and I also loved the Auguries Of Innocence by Blake.

I haven't read Cosmic Consciousness by Dr. Richard M. Bucke (I must do so) because I was too busy reading The Varieties Of Religious Experience by William James instead.

However, let's do Tomorrow Never Knows by The Beatles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UjvdZm-Tu8

"There are things seen and things unseen...and in between are the doors of perception" - Huxley

...and of course, Jim Morrison (Lizard King) thought it would be a great name for his band at the time..."The Doors"...

Aldous Huxley went on to take LSD on his deathbed...what a way to go out...
Old 15-07-2018, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Aldous Huxley went on to take LSD on his deathbed...what a way to go out...
What?!! Gosh, he was somethin else!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
What?!! Gosh, he was somethin else!
*laughs*

If you only knew what I knew, you would convulse.

Oh the psychedelic parties back in the mid 60's...Timothy Leary was there...and his 'partner in crime' Richard Alpert (who is now Ram Dass), Aldous Huxley, a very young Jack Nicholson, Ken Keesey and Jack Kerouac, Alan Ginsberg showed up, Yoko Ono sometimes...they named it "The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test".

Most of Huxley's work was inspired by these sessions.

So, Ram Dass' guru was Neem Karoli Baba...

Back then, Ram Dass wanted to see if psychedelics had any effect on an 'enlightened master'...he gave the guru three times the average dose of LSD...all Neem Karoli Baba said was "this is interesting and I see how it may be useful, but it doesn't really have any effect on me".
Old 15-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Master
I had a really strange experience once. My wife and I were walking in some public gardens. We ran into and older women all dressed in white. The 3 of us had a brief conversation and went on our way. My wife and I were at our vehicle at the time. After the little chat we left and she went back to the gardens. Right after my wife and I went to a nearby light house. On our walk to the end of the lighthouse. We met the exact same lady on her way from the end of the lighthouse. We gave each other a smile and went our ways. I suprized me because there was no way this person could have passed us and be as far ahead as she was. This person seemed to have a special glow to them as well. I believe any good enlightened being won't come to anyone with a super Star attitude. Someone who is truly enlightened will come to someone very suddly. If you don't pay attention you'll miss it. Guess that's why I have a hard time trusting anyone who lables themselves a gruew or someone who is enlightened. Someone who truly is won't try to sell themselves. They do exist but not in that way.
Old 15-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Well my memories about it are rather somewhat vague by now, but I still recall being with a beautiful feminine energy or spirit in a spiritual dream that I wouldn't wanna trade with an encounter with one of those ascended masters to be honest. Unless it was an ascended master that is into cross-dressing. But that would be unforgivable, lol. But the feeling was kinda like being accepted and loved unconditionally even if you deem yourself to be unworthy or evil.
that's EXACTLY IT! Love ya man!!! Hahaha
Old 15-07-2018, 02:23 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Talking God/Universe As Master

'proof of god'.

Ive not seen anyone here at SF give a clear definition of their alledged God.

So defining comes way before proving and none here offer much either except the one I give in my cosmic outline. "G"od/"U"niverse and God/Universe.

Lets take a common one. God is love. Ex

So is rain God/love? Are volcanoes God/love?

When any number of events lead to death of humans is that love?

We are in presence of God/Universe/Uni-V-erse for the finite period of our biological lifes. End of our personal special-case story/verse.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 15-07-2018, 02:29 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Speed of Radiation Well Documented

Quote:
There are many 'theories' which have been accepted as 'fact' without any proof. The Speed of Light is one..

This above is not true ergo false.

Speed of EMRadiation is well documented for many years.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 15-07-2018, 02:38 PM
Quote:
*laughs*
If you only knew what I knew...
Actually I did know all that stuff and a bit more...
just not that A. Huxley took acid on his deathbed, that one slipped right by me.
Alan Ginsberg taught at my college, friends with my buddy that actually got me into the school,
instead of not going to college at all.
Oh, the stories, Kunstler, Abby, the Chicago 7...what a hayday...lots o' fun.