Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Enya

Green, you are *never* alone... even right now, you are not alone. Consider the possibility of someone in spirit wrapping a blanket of unconditional love around you... feel the warmth and joy of that and allow it to chase away the fears.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:29 PM
spirit72

Color

Green you sound very down in the dumps, I read your thread , were you said you have spent most of your life alone, and your tired....
Maybe this is why your obsessing over being alone in death...?
We all pick our life path before we come to the earth, see your life as what your soul and spirit need to learn embrace your life, ask yourself why your tired and lonely....maybe all this is about, as you said... A BIG change in your life, and they can be scary if you don't adapt well, but what if the change is a real massive turn around...?
I would think over 80% of people have at some point be convinced there time is close, I have myself, but I am still her 10 years over what I thought was my death date...
As for being tired... More tired of the old you and drudgery ...?
You have a family here, help is never far from you... Ask and you will receive
Be brave, you will get through this....sending you a big bubble of unconditional love and big warm hug x
I could do a reading for you if you need one, just maybe there is someone in spirit just waiting to talk to you,and put your mind at rest P.M me if you need some help xxx
Old 07-03-2011, 08:31 PM
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
If it were to happen as you fear, then it would be the first time ever.... Ain't gonna happen!

Actually deep inside you appear to have a seemingly-overwhelming fear that you'll be left alone, unaccompanied. Perhaps you feel it is what you deserve but there is far more to passing over than just that.

Are you really seeking answers or just lightening your burden by talking about it?

hi MAC

the funny thing about the answers is that i know the answers.. i know all that has been told here, that when we cross over there will be someone.. more then one.
i had been with enough that cross over to know that for a fact, i saw those who came to wellcome them, i sensed them and saw them and they were so loving and helping.
i even know for a fact that in many cases the spirit start coming some time before the actually crossing over, sometimes few weeks a before to help the crossing spirit prepare, and their present very often, especially to the ill, make this time easier, or amm, not sure if i have the correct word for it.. but i saw it and i know how helping it can be.

also i read alot on the topic, there is tons of evidence on the wellcoming spirits.

i know all this..
and still....

and one more thing, among others, i find myself helping spirits who crossed but got stuck somehow, i help them walk to the light, and on these occasions, i see the spirit, but it is allways alone, and even when i help it to the light, i never see a welcoming spirit waiting for it.. so it might be the bright light, and it might be my blinding point...
but...

and i know my guides and spirit entities who walk with me probably will be there...or not?
but yes, i do have this very strong feeling about myself .. so you can call it fear, you can call it a result from my life-history, you can call it my blinding point, i really don't know. but it is not me feeling sorry for myself.. there is no point in that...so here is the question.. is it possible that there will be no one to wellcome a crossing spirit???

G
Old 07-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Uhmar

I believe that there are a minute few spirits here on this earth that are so advanced that when they pass in death they do not any longer require a welcoming committee.

They just go straight back to where they started from ...passing the stages of shedding human emotion and weight , the missing and fear of leaving loved ones alone, etc to straight to the review of why they came here anyway.
So the answer is YES it is possible
Old 07-03-2011, 09:06 PM
mac

"and yes, i do have this very strong feeling about myself.. so you can call it fear, you can call it a result from my life-history, you can call it my blinding point, i really don't know. so here is the question.. is it possible that there will be no one to wellcome a crossing spirit???"

You explained pretty well that you've had a fair amount of experience but I must ask, as politely as I can, why do you differentiate now by saying "a crossing spirit" rather than yourself? Do you see a difference between one and the other? I'm trying to get a handle on what you're not saying.

And since you've seen certain individuals approach the light but have been unable to see who is waiting for them, do you feel that indicates there is no-one waiting - simply because you're not able to see on such occasions? Do you expect to be able to discern all individuals there to assist?

Maybe that's the concern which is troubling you, whether it be for others or for yourself?

Moving on, then, it's arguable that for some those who attend a crossing over may not exactly be welcoming. As you'll be well aware certain individuals have led lives which will not result in them being able to integrate immediately with the average Joe or Josephine.

They will 'gravitate', as we all will gravitate, to a region most matching their present spiritual evolvement. For some that will be in the dark regions and as a consequence there may indeed be no-one to make them feel welcome (as we expect for the regular J or J) as they are accompanied to their new environment.

I have doubts that you are that kind of individual.....
Old 07-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Guide
Smile

Trust me you won't be alone when it's your time.
You're not even alone now. You never will be truly alone
no matter how convincing the illusion of loneliness is.
The soul's journey is so long and you have meant so many
souls along the way that you'll have plenty of friends
and angels waiting for you. Don't worry about it.

How ever it seems you may have abandonment issues
from your present or past life you should try to work out.

Good luck <3
Old 07-03-2011, 09:52 PM
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"and yes, i do have this very strong feeling about myself.. so you can call it fear, you can call it a result from my life-history, you can call it my blinding point, i really don't know. so here is the question.. is it possible that there will be no one to wellcome a crossing spirit???"

You explained pretty well that you've had a fair amount of experience but I must ask, as politely as I can, why do you differentiate now by saying "a crossing spirit" rather than yourself? Do you see a difference between one and the other? I'm trying to get a handle on what you're not saying.

And since you've seen certain individuals approach the light but have been unable to see who is waiting for them, do you feel that indicates there is no-one waiting - simply because you're not able to see on such occasions? Do you expect to be able to discern all individuals there to assist?

Maybe that's the concern which is troubling you, whether it be for others or for yourself?

Moving on, then, it's arguable that for some those who attend a crossing over may not exactly be welcoming. As you'll be well aware certain individuals have led lives which will not result in them being able to integrate immediately with the average Joe or Josephine.

They will 'gravitate', as we all will gravitate, to a region most matching their present spiritual evolvement. For some that will be in the dark regions and as a consequence there may indeed be no-one to make them feel welcome (as we expect for the regular J or J) as they are accompanied to their new environment.

I have doubts that you are that kind of individual.....

mac.. i'm sorry if i wasn't clear, i don't differentiate myself from others at all, i don't think of myself to be better then others, not less then others.. really not, and sorry if it sounded like that - what i did try to do is turn a personal question into a general one... and not just keep it as me issue .. as for myself, i guess i will get my final answers when i cross over, that is all to it isn't it?
but as a general topic- is it possible at all? that was all to it.

and the fact that i couldn't see wellcoming spirits when i helped those spirits to find the light it means just that, ME being blind and not able to see, it means only that, maybe there were welcoming spirits maybe they were not... i can't tell, i can't say.. I was blind, maybe i was not meant to see...
but it made me thinking...and thinking bring on questions...and feelings and fear bring on questions.. and i have questions... and maybe i'm thinking too much....

that is all and sorry if i was unclear with my words.

G

PS Uhmar, this is very interesting...what you wrote...
Old 07-03-2011, 10:14 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by green
mac.. i'm sorry if i wasn't clear, i don't differentiate myself from others at all, i don't think of myself to be better then others, not less then others.. really not, and sorry if it sounded like that - what i did try to do is turn a personal question into a general one... and not just keep it as me issue .. as for myself, i guess i will get my final answers when i cross over, that is all to it isn't it?
but as a general topic- is it possible at all? that was all to it.

and the fact that i couldn't see wellcoming spirits when i helped those spirits to find the light it means just that, ME being blind and not able to see, it means only that, maybe there were welcoming spirits maybe they were not... i can't tell, i can't say.. I was blind, maybe i was not meant to see...
but it made me thinking...and thinking bring on questions...and feelings and fear bring on questions.. and i have questions... and maybe i'm thinking too much....

that is all and sorry if i was unclear with my words.

G

PS Uhmar, this is very interesting...what you wrote...

Not any problem - I applaud your making the matter a general, rather than personal, issue - that's something I try always to do where possible.

I like your analysis of what's been happening. I don't think for a moment that you're thinking too much. If you are then I do all the time!! And I KNOW that I'm not thinking too much....!

What I was trying to do - and what I failed in doing - was to lead you to accept the answer which I feel you already have but which you're presently not accepting....

My greatest concern was that you may feel that the general question you're posing us all is one which, when answered, will still leave you lonely and unsure.

That would leave me unhappy.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:09 PM
mac

A friend posted this recently elsewhere. It may illuminate the gloom a little....

"Road of Many Ways"

It has always been said that to every story there is a beginning, a middle and an end. But how, and where, does one begin a story that has neither beginning nor end, and no middle, a story that is endless, timeless? All that can be said of it is that it is.

My name is John and it has been my pleasure, since moving into the world in which I now live, to visit from time to time amongst my friends still upon the Earth, to speak, to comfort, to discuss with them so many things. And now the time has come to talk to a much wider circle of friends.

You ask, 'What manner of person is this?' and 'Where does he come from?' All people ask these questions. I know. When I lived upon the Earth, I too wondered what lay beyond. Was there something 'out there'? What was 'reality' and what was 'fantasy'? Where did the one begin and the other end?

Most people experience uncertainty and doubt no matter what they may have seen or heard. It is a portion of the price of free will freedom of thought and freedom of action and, during the process of individual thinking, one can so easily lose the way because there is only self, one small mind.

All the great teachers, throughout the ages, have told us: 'Love one another,' is the first lesson: 'I and my Father are one,' is the second. And, if every man is truly your brother, then your mind cannot be entirely alone.

These are fine words, platitudes you may think, and to many quite meaningless because they have never delved deeply into the well of life. I was such a one. I wondered and pondered but did not know. Then, one day I found out that there was not only a 'life hereafter' but continuous life - a life that will never cease, life that goes on forever.

JOHN: … Death, the fear of all, the wish of some, the relief of many, is the end of none – it is but a transition from one plane of existence to another.

John's Story

It was during the Second World War, south of Imphal.

The Japanese were advancing. The town was under heavy attack and, some miles away, we stood athwart the enemy line of advance. It was a very short, sharp engagement. I went ahead to my so-called forward platoon consisting of about a section-and-a-half - some fourteen men (all who had survived).

As I spoke with the sergeant in command, the Japanese launched their attack with a mortar barrage and I was caught in the open.

It was all over very quickly. I lay on the ground. The sounds of battle had died away. It had moved on. I wondered how long I had been lying unconscious and then, as I lay there, I realised that it wouldn't be long before the Japs arrived. Wounded as I was they would make pretty short work of me.

It wasn't a pleasant thought but it led my mind away from the immediate prospect of death to the memory of a little pamphlet which I had read somewhere, one put out by an organisation in Britain. Funnily enough, it had stuck in my mind. It was headed,
'What to do in case of Sudden Death', and had been published by a group of Spiritualists. I remember I had been mildly amused by it at the time: now I wished I had read it. Maybe there was something in it after all.

Then I looked up. A Jap was standing there watching me, looking down at me, and I remembered thinking, "This is it. Here it comes." But nothing happened. I looked up into quizzical eyes. Those eyes were laughing, yet not maliciously.

"What are you doing lying there?" he said in English. "That's a ridiculous question," I replied.

"Is it?"

"Yes.

I can't move and I can't feel much. I think my spine is smashed."

"Try moving a leg. Go on, try."

There was something about this situation that I couldn't put my finger on. Here was a Jap, an enemy, in the midst of a field of battle telling me to move a leg, and me with a hole in my back that seemed large enough, in my imagination, to put a couple of fists through. But there was something reassuring about him, in what he said and the way he said it. So I tried. My leg moved. No pain.

"Now try the other one," he said. It moved. Again no pain.

"Now try standing up."

Well, this was quite shattering, but I tried, and
I stood up! I can't describe that feeling. Having lain there in fear and terror then suddenly to stand up and feel totally whole and well. It was incredible.

"What's happened?" I asked hesitantly.

He smiled again and raised an eyebrow. "You really should have read that pamphlet, you know. It would have helped you immeasurably."

"You mean . . . you mean I've had it?"

"Yes," he said, "you've had it. And I've had it. Not only have you had it, but you've had the war too. That lies behind you even as your body lies behind you now."

I looked back. Another shock. On the ground behind me lay my shrapnel-shattered body.

"But when. . . when did I die? Was it the moment I saw you?"

"Die?" he said. "You didn't die, you merely laid aside a body which was of no further use to you. Nobody dies. A body becomes useless and is cast aside like an old suit of clothes. Yes, sometimes cast aside lovingly if it has served well; at other times regretfully because it has served too well; and at other times lightly because one has suffered too much. But no, I know what you mean. The moment you cease to live within the confines of that body, the moment the body ceases to be your suit of clothes, at that moment you die."

Then he said, "Do you remember that there was much pain, that the barrage continued and then the battle passed over you?"

"Yes."

"And there was a moment of unconsciousness? A brief moment? Then you opened your eyes again. The sounds of battle had faded away. Had moved on, you thought. But it was not the battle that had moved on, for it still rages. It was you who had moved on and away from it.

I have been standing here waiting for you to realise that something was different, waiting until it was time to come forward and speak to you. When the realisation came to you that something had happened — that death, if it wasn't already there was not far off — then was the time for me to speak with you. But you had already passed out of one world into another, and it is because of this that I came to be here with you."

In all the time in which I have been engaged upon my own particular task — that of meeting newcomers from the battlefields of the world — nothing has ever been quite as wonderful to me as my
own arrival.

I tell you, it was no valley of the shadow, and although I wondered about it for some time I certainly found no throne of judgment."
Old 08-03-2011, 06:21 PM
green

thanks Mac for your words and story.

if to sum up all that been said here: as of a general answer:

* it is most likely some-spirit will be there to wellcome the crossing spirit.
* uhmar said, that there are some very special souls that do not require this special welcoming.
* mac said some souls are punished as to not be helped..if i got you right mac.

can we then conclude that the logical possible answer that someone will cross over and there be no one to welcome him or her with no real reason is not really possible???
and that: most of us will be welcome by spirits of those who crossed over, some light spirits and angles..

did i miss something?

but i must admit that as for myself, i feel there is a gap between what i know ad what i feel. i don't know how to bridge it, it might be my fear it might be other things but as i said, i believe the final answer will be answered on real time

thank you all for your help and support

G