Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2018, 03:41 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
long story:
if i recall correctly, i'd chosen that image as an avatar because i like the idea
that Jimmy Stewart personified as being an "everyman", and i'd wanted to
portray myself in that manner. i also like that the snapshot was taken from
It's a Wonderful Life (1946), where the character travels through a
"dark night of the soul" [as mentioned in your bio], but comes to realize
that the true values in life aren't measured according to 'worldly standards'.
it was sometime later that i recognized that the picture was from a particular
moment in the film... the freeze-frame used by angelic observers who were
reviewing his life, and deciding how to provide him guidance. in that frozen
moment he was describing the suitcase he'd need in order to travel the
world and embark on a multitude of adventures... which he never got around
to doing because of the responsibilities he was saddled with. it's a situation
which 'resonates' to my own, since i also have an innate desire to travel
widely and embark on adventures (it's a sagittarian trait to be a wanderer),
but 'circumstances' have seemingly rendered that an improbability.

when i was thinking on your situation, Soul Renew, it occurred to me that
this current life of yours is almost certainly not the first you've experienced.
it seems implausible that timidity could have inspired your spirit to seek out
physical incarnation as a means to express itself freely and fearlessly. i'm
reasonably convinced that this is not your first rodeo. it lead me to wondering
if in an earlier lifetime you'd been confident and strong, and disallowed any
'contrary' thinking to dissuade you from your goals. maybe afterwards, in a
'life review', you'd wondered if perhaps you'd been a bit too "headstrong" in
how you'd lived that life, and considered re-entering physicality with a more
'receptive' frame of reference towards the wills of others... to provide the
symphony of you with a greater range of expression; adding nuance. what i'm
saying is that [perhaps] the greater whole of you has used the lessons of fear
and frailty to bring you further enrichment. i posit that the "real you" exists
beyond a need for fear, in a place that doesn't create threats to itself.

'It's a Wonderful Life' is a fantastic movie. Loved it so much! It was my first James/Jimmy Stewart movie, I think. Very heartwarming.
I can see why you'd choose that.
I think many people can relate to his story in the movie as well. It's very often that our first dreams or our greatest wants get brushed aside or shut down due to certain complications. It can be very sad and frustrating, but I liked how he realized how good he really had it in the end. Most don't get that far.

Also, I have a Sagittarius sister and we're super close, I understand the exploration trait. She's a creative free-spirit

Regarding my own life, I definitely believe I've lived another life before and as I grew up, I had an inner feeling that I'm not supposed to hurt other people, emotionally, physically, or mentally. I had this feeling like I was given another chance at life, while at the same time, deep down, I felt I shouldn't deserve it.
I don't know exactly what happened in my past life, but I had a few reoccurring dreams that could connect to a past life and I just have feelings that relate to events I've never experienced in this lifetime, like getting cheated on, which I hope never happens!

I grew up with a dad that told me to shut off my feelings, but I felt that was wrong. I grew up with people who would try to manipulate me, especially my feelings. I built up a great insecurity in myself.
But I'm slowly breaking from that.
I also believe I have to be compassionate, receptive, and understanding because those traits are lacking in my dad's side of the family...from what I witness. The more I am like them, the more wrong I feel. So I definitely feel that the true me is underneath all these chains, but since they're so heavy, it's taking me awhile to break free.
I do sense a stronger, more powerful me deep inside. This 'me' seems more determined and direct, but in a good way, like she's willing to be receptive. I sense this new me won't come into fruition for a long while though.

Recently, I had a dream that I was giving one of my doves a bath. She seemed to enjoy being submerged in the waters a lot.
In another, I dreamnt my other dove was feeding newborn baby birds, but I was afraid the nest was too small to hold them. I was getting frantic. I believe the baby birds are signs of new ideas or traits growing, but I don't have the right size house to fit them in? So it must mean I definitely need to break out of the cage I'm in.