Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-03-2019, 03:00 AM
Newbie ;)

What happens when we die

Hi, what do you believe happens when you die I have been thinking a lot about this recently I work in a job were I see a lot of death and it always confuses me when I person dies there physically there but there not if that makes any sense I look at them and there not there I still talk to them as if they was there but there not I can't seem to get my head round it. Last year a close family member died of cancer and they promised me they would visit when they went but they haven't is this because they can't or is it because there just gone you live then die or our we just not ment to know what happens when we die until we die what are everyone's thoughts on this am not a religious person so don't really believe in heaven and hell but find it hard to believe we just die
Old 08-03-2019, 08:19 AM
ant

No ones answered,so i will.: p

I generally believe in past lives and after lives.

Do some research on google.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:26 AM
Pathfinder
I don't think there's an answer for what happens when "we" as a species die. Some of us seem to hang around Earth for a long time but other people go to Heaven or Hell(or think they do, I'm on the fence about NDEs since they can conflict with each other) so it probably depends on what you think happens to you, but I think we all keep on ticking after the batteries are dead.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:41 PM
Deactivated Account
In my case, hopefully NOT this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H_GAnTry4U
Old 08-03-2019, 01:33 PM
ImthatIm

Staceyboo;
Lets look at all the peoples and cultures that history can tell us about.Or that you can conceive of.
How many cultures can you say do not believe in an after life.
I would say that I cannot think of 1 except in the modern age of industrialism.

Why would industrialism not want to believe in the after life?
It wants all your focus on producing here and now so the capitalists can continue to make great gains.
Greed says: "get it now because this is all there is."
So your statement "find it hard to believe we just die" is a good one and a good start.

Just MY OPINION.

Last edited by ImthatIm : 08-03-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 02:50 PM
Knower
As a Hindu I believe in reincarnation, with our births being governed by our karma from all past lives. Between this life and the next birth, we have beliefs in a sort of Purgatory. Some may stay there for a while, some may reincarnate immediately. Svarga is the heaven version, Naraka is the less-than-heavenly version, but it is not hell, nor are either permanent. They're just stopovers between births.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:26 PM
Knower

Physicist Carl Sagan said:

"I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But as much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking."

He believed in a God as a Universal Force

What do you think of his statement?

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 08-03-2019 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:37 PM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone

"I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But as much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking."

Just a statement and his 'own' belief.

Taken with a grain of salt.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyboo
Hi, what do you believe happens when you die I have been thinking a lot about this recently I work in a job were I see a lot of death and it always confuses me when I person dies there physically there but there not if that makes any sense I look at them and there not there I still talk to them as if they was there but there not I can't seem to get my head round it.

What is a human being? If a human being is just a physical body and consciousness somehow originates within the brain then physical death means the end of consciousness and the end of existence. If a human being is consciousness incarnated in a physical body then consciousness vacates the body at death and continues to exist, either remaining on the physical plane or moving to another plane of existence.

Quote:
Last year a close family member died of cancer and they promised me they would visit when they went but they haven't is this because they can't or is it because there just gone

Perhaps this family member has tried to make contact but no-one is able to see or hear him/her. Or perhaps after dying they realised that their time on the physical plane was over and they moved on.

Quote:
you live then die or our we just not ment to know what happens when we die until we die

The answers to the mysteries of death will be revealed to us after we die, and that is one thing we can all look forward to. But there are plenty of hints available to us now if we are willing to investigate.

Quote:
what are everyone's thoughts on this am not a religious person so don't really believe in heaven and hell but find it hard to believe we just die

The heaven and hell which are taught by religions are said to be realms on the astral plane which may seem real to their inhabitants, but are in fact temporary stages in the after-death journey. So the average Christian may go to their idea of heaven where they are surrounded by similar others. And those of very low vibrations may find themselves in an astral hell, again surrounded by similar others. How long we stay in these heaven or hell places depends on us. Maybe we reach a point where we yearn for something better, and then the person in an astral hell is open to higher assistance, while the person in an astral heaven is ready to explore what might lie beyond.

There is so much information on these subjects available - we just have to start reading. Even better, try to find out the answers through first-hand knowledge, perhaps through out-of-body experiences.

Peace.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone

Did Carl Sagan ever bother to truly investigate this with an open mind? Or was he imprisoned by his own concepts.

Peace.