Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 15-04-2020, 01:49 PM
Lepus

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Hi everyone.

This is my final update on the altar plate because it's complete. I experimented with a few topcoats and settled on Mod Podge Super Gloss. It dried hard and non-tacky to the touch. The bear is to point north and the rest follow the other cardinal directions.

This is what the setup looks like. The bear represents Morrigan and the candles are for when I meditate with the intent of Her helping me. The purple candle is for developing psychic abilities (such as clairvoyancy) and the blue candle is for spiritual development (such as connecting to the higher self).

The final thing I need to do is to cleanse and consecrate the plate and bear. Once that's done, I've been guided not to post these again. I do need to make moon water and moon salt for the ritual. I'll try to catch the full moon on May 7.

Wonderful! Simple yet beautiful. I really like it. Thank you for sharing!

Lepus
Old 15-04-2020, 03:33 PM
Master
Thanks and you're welcome.

Looking at the bottom picture again had me notice that the bear's paws are on the cardinal directions. I really do like how the symbolism ties in with each other.

I realized that I don't have black candles. I could substitute them with white ones but that doesn't feel right. I'll get those first then make the moon water and salt so might not happen on this full moon. I wrote up a ritual for consecrating the items so everything is ready to go except for the candles. I'm really glad that Morrigan hasn't been pressuring me to get this finished.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 15-04-2020, 06:16 PM
Lepus

Hello

Yes I see that. Good observation!

How does each animal tie to each cardinal point? I've seen different animals used to correspond each quarter points. Like the snake, the crow, the frog, and the hare. All of these animals are often the familars of a witch! And it's used in the witches compass. I've noticed your plate has both the snake and crow. The snake is West and the crow, East? Why? Just curious. The snake would usually be in the East and the crow at the North in the compass.

If you dont mind my asking. How are the other two animals represented on your altar plate connected with the specific direction?

The white candle can be used as an all purpose candle but I never felt compelled to substitute any color candles to white. Only under certain circumstances when I really need a specific color candle but I dont have then I would substitute the candle.

Lepus
Old 16-04-2020, 04:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello

Yes I see that. Good observation!

How does each animal tie to each cardinal point? I've seen different animals used to correspond each quarter points. Like the snake, the crow, the frog, and the hare. All of these animals are often the familars of a witch! And it's used in the witches compass. I've noticed your plate has both the snake and crow. The snake is West and the crow, East? Why? Just curious. The snake would usually be in the East and the crow at the North in the compass.

If you dont mind my asking. How are the other two animals represented on your altar plate connected with the specific direction?

The white candle can be used as an all purpose candle but I never felt compelled to substitute any color candles to white. Only under certain circumstances when I really need a specific color candle but I dont have then I would substitute the candle.

Lepus

Thank you for asking Lepus.

I associated the animals with the elements and air begins in the east. I used the animals that Morrigan shapeshifted into according to myth.

So, crows fly and that reminded me of air which is east. Crows are strongly associated with Morrigan. Wolf for fire which is south as I think wolves are most active in summer. I kinda thought the west one would cause confusion. She shapeshifted into an eel and eels live in water so I used a ribbon eel for west (water). North is earth so that's for the bear. It still bugs me that I couldn't find that website which mentioned She shapeshifted into a bear. They hibernate in caves or dens so very connected to earth.

Morrigan approved my idea before I even looked for the images to glue on the plate. She also guided me as to which ones were for what direction.

Hopefully I explained it well.

On a different note.

There was one time when I had to cast a spell for an emergency situation so I was a bit rushed. I didn't have the coloured candles I wanted so I used white. The spell worked and thankfully I won't have to cast it again. I did that with direction from a different Deity. It was a good learning experience for me and I wrote it in my BOS just in case I have to cast a similar spell. The situation was easing off but stopped due to the virus. I'm assuming the situation will continue to ease when things start returning to normal. Since a Deity was involved, the spell was a mix of prayer and casting a spell which is probably on hold for now.

Chrysalis

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 17-04-2020, 02:00 PM
Lepus

Hello

Zooming in at the picture I can see the eel now. I'm on my tablet so the images posted here tend to look smaller in my end.

You did explain well. Thanks!

Somehow I dont mind using all white candles for each cardinal point during ritual but when it comes to spellwork I'd seek a specific color that corresponds to the goal in mind.

When stuck during these times, for me, I'd use the color white candle, especially if I have limited supplies. I wont go out to buy non-essential items. Luckily I have a wide selection of candles that I've stocked up from last month or so, before everything started closing. But I'm glad there's no emergency spell or ritual that needs to be done in my end. However, I've done a spell to rid of this virus or at least slow it down from progressing. Fortunately, none of my family has been sick, and for that I'm thankful. I guess you can say this was an emergency spell.

Lepus