Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 24-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Knower

Pointless evils?

Hi there, its been awhile since I've posted on this forum, but I find myself asking questions again that I'd like insight on. In this case, the problem of, from one perspective, pointless evil. (I ask here because its hard to find discussions on this matter that aren't always from the perspective of belief in a Christian God).

So, pointless evil. In my opinion this would classify as accidents or natural disasters.

How have you reconciled this problem in regards to your beliefs?
Old 24-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
Hi there, its been awhile since I've posted on this forum, but I find myself asking questions again that I'd like insight on. In this case, the problem of, from one perspective, pointless evil. (I ask here because its hard to find discussions on this matter that aren't always from the perspective of belief in a Christian God).

So, pointless evil. In my opinion this would classify as accidents or natural disasters.

Hi Rayden,

if you are saying "pointless evils" then it kind of sounds that you divide the world into "pointless" things and "non-pointless" things.
How do you know which is which?

But natural disasters, accidents etc ... well, from my personal point of view there is suffering, and it happens according to karma. It's never pointless ... it's something you have to go through in this life, regardless in which form it comes.
Old 24-06-2017, 09:52 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereAndNow
Hi Rayden,

if you are saying "pointless evils" then it kind of sounds that you divide the world into "pointless" things and "non-pointless" things.
How do you know which is which?

But natural disasters, accidents etc ... well, from my personal point of view there is suffering, and it happens according to karma. It's never pointless ... it's something you have to go through in this life, regardless in which form it comes.

I can't know the difference, of course, but I'd still argue that they exist.

I guess I'll have to look more into karma; I've had a few people mention it to me.
Old 25-06-2017, 12:24 AM
Master

Quote:

it is your choice to look at it and not like it, I guess. But does that make it 'evil'?
Old 25-06-2017, 12:43 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
it is your choice to look at it and not like it, I guess. But does that make it 'evil'?

I've been having this discussion with someone recently. Is the death of a young, innocent individual not an evil thing?
Old 25-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Master

Quote:
I've been having this discussion with someone recently. Is the death of a young, innocent individual not an evil thing?

Who called them 'young'? Who called them 'innocent'? Sometimes what things look like is not what they are.
Old 25-06-2017, 06:04 PM
Deactivated Account
It would only be evil if there was a conscious mind behind it. But things like natural disasters and accidents are just random events without any meaning, though I see what you're refering to. I can write an entire book about how injust this world is where bad things seem to happen more often to good people rather than those who deserve them comming.
Old 25-06-2017, 06:07 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
Who called them 'young'? Who called them 'innocent'? Sometimes what things look like is not what they are.

Hmm, well true.

Out of curiosity, do you believe in an inherently benevolent universe/god/spirit?
Old 27-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I can write an entire book about how injust this world is where bad things seem to happen more often to good people rather than those who deserve them comming.

The world is upside down
Old 28-07-2017, 12:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Hmm, well true.

Out of curiosity, do you believe in an inherently benevolent universe/god/spirit?

he isn't that limited... does what he has to I guess... even when we don't like it...