Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 29-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Well, this is a journey I have been on these past few years. Here is a couple things I learned that might help.

The Universe loves you. We are all made up of Love Energy. Everything we see is made up of this same energy. We all come from the same place and we are all Love. When you look at a child, as Henri suggested, doesn't that ring true? When you look at a dog, and look into that face, doesn't that ring true?

I tell myself every morning now, when I do my "mantra" - that thing I have learned to do for myself every morning, a huge part of it is, I Love Myself. There is much more to it, but as soon as I started adding that, it helped a lot.

I really think part of what we are here to learn is how to love ourselves. Somewhere along the way, we were told it is selfish to love ourselves, and everyone else should come first, their wants, their needs, their beliefs are much better than any we could ever think up for ourselves - we are programmed not to love ourselves, when you stop and actually think about it. So is it so hard to believe that we, as a world culture, have a problem with this? When we are young, it is fine to love ourselves, but once we begin trying to have a mind of our own, societal pressures are put upon us from everywhere.

So, just believe that you are Worthy of Love. Everyone is Worthy of Love. And everyone is loved. We are all a piece of God, and together we make up the whole of God / All That is / or insert whoever that is to you.

Hope that helps.

thank you Nameless you are right. we give off energy andthe love generates from each person to the next one. i know it wont be easy but you have to start somewere. if you do not see the worth or beauty in your ownself than who else will too. ? god is love. but i even doubt his love for me sometimes because i know i always to live by his words or pray to him.
Old 30-11-2012, 01:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
thank you Nameless you are right. we give off energy andthe love generates from each person to the next one. i know it wont be easy but you have to start somewere. if you do not see the worth or beauty in your ownself than who else will too. ? god is love. but i even doubt his love for me sometimes because i know i always to live by his words or pray to him.

I heard something a long time ago that I'll never forget. God Love Us, whether or not we love him. And he believes in us, whether or not we believe in him.

That always makes me feel good.
Old 30-11-2012, 02:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
I heard something a long time ago that I'll never forget. God Love Us, whether or not we love him. And he believes in us, whether or not we believe in him.

That always makes me feel good.

you are right thanks Nameless, i hope he can still love us even when we are in the wrong. because i know that i have done my fair share of sinning against god. and i do not always obey him or read the words of the bible rarely.
Old 30-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Master
Really you don't have to try and love yourself, you your SELF is Love, you only need to realize this and let what you truly are shine forth.
Old 30-11-2012, 03:39 AM
Henri77

I've observed, if I can find something about a person I like.
Their style, attitude, innocence, pretty much anything....I can appreciate that, and open the door to love (which is non judgemental)
and flow of love commences from the heart.

One can do the same with oneself... appreciate a quality you really-honestly like,
your pennmanship, laugh, figure, heart, compassion, anything you sincerely really like.... (or simply "your" soul) and focus on that , to open your heart.
And like nuclear fusion, the heart opens yet more to the love within, and the visualized you responds likewise. As it IS you.

I've found it easy to visualize meeting myself ,and doing this....if it's tough to see yourself otherwise.
(In a meditative state where the mind is quiet, or unoccupied.)

No doubt other meditations work as well,
But I'd had trouble doing this directly on myself (like a surgeon operating on his heart) so visualizing another me (or a mirror image) seemed to make it easier, just like meeting someone cool who you felt affection for,

If one can do this from the heart, with a quiet mind, it happens quite naturally.
So one eventually can call upon the healing love within , without visualizing anything, and let it fill your heart, being, universe.

I do this just before sleep every night, as part of a clearing- healing meditation.

Occasionally I may think of a series of people I love, have loved, to prime the pump, before working on myself.
I suppose a saint would work as well, or ones angels ,,,, whatever comes naturally and inspires love to fill the heart.
Old 30-11-2012, 04:18 AM
Master

That was really beautiful Henri. I felt the love even as I was reading it. I'm going to try the, right before you sleep part. What a lovely way to go to sleep...
Old 30-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Henri77

We watch what we eat, exercise, feed-exercise our minds, visit spa's ,gyms,
yet often neglect the most essential nutrient, love, for our soul's well being.

And all love requires is acceptance and invitation.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:17 AM
Better known as Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Really you don't have to try and love yourself, you your SELF is Love, you only need to realize this and let what you truly are shine forth.

Beautiful.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Mikey's

Owning your darkness

Hello, I have been reading these post and can tell you it is hard. I am married with a little one, and my spouse keeps threatening divorce. So it can be difficult to look inside and see what your inner beauty. To love others, you do have to love your self. And in order to love yourself you must go positive. Positivity breads positivity. You can change your surroundings by being in a positive person. I read an amazing book that has changed my life. It is call "Dark side of light chasers" by Debbie Ford, and she talks about owning all the things you don't like about yourself. One way of doing this is by sitting in the mirror and saying to yourself "I am ......" For me I had to say over and over "I am my father." My father was a rough man and after looking at my actions I needed change. After you own the darkness you can bring in the light and love to yourself. And I will be honest this has taken a couple years to figure this out but I am figuring it out. So to sum it up..... Love all your faults. Love who you are. Love every part of yourself and go positive.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice

thank you Psychoslice i will try to. and just accept me and know what my worth is.