Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 15-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Burntfruit

Its only been a little while for me so far. I feel healthier. My indigestion has improved a lot. I feel skinnier inside, maybe lost a little fat around the organs. It is hard though. I was in the supermarket today, and most of the food was out of bounds. I am downgrading to vegetarian when I get stuck though.
Old 18-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Pathfinder

I too fall back on veggie. No animal flesh in a long long time. Do any of you remember emortional and spiritual changes from when you quit meat? as in, what does it mean to you that the meat-eater takes on the karma or energy of those who killed the animal, or the emiotional energy of the killed animal? Do you think that applies to you?
Old 26-02-2016, 08:49 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneTomorrow
I too fall back on veggie. No animal flesh in a long long time. Do any of you remember emortional and spiritual changes from when you quit meat? as in,

I do notice changes in my emotions and mind. My general sense of well being has improved a lot but it didn't come right away. I had a lot of preconceptions about meat and plant based food that I had to change. I ate meat until I was 49. So all those preconceptions that I had built up in so many years had to be broken down: talking to myself, hushing those inner voices to sleep. Sometimes it seemed it would never end.
But the improvements to my health made me go on.

My feeling has become lighter as a result of changing to plant based food. I remember my mood in general when I still ate meat was just next to being depressed. Not really depressed, but just the last step before that.
So when I switched to vegetarian and later on to vegan that feeling gradually disappeared.
These days I feel so much lighter and so good. And my food tastes better then it did in years.
I had some very significant improvements by starting to make my own milk and baking my own bread. That was really amazing. I had a feeling like I could jump over houses, like I was a survivor and a chosen one. I just couldn't believe this all happened to me.
And all just by changing to plant based food.

Quote:
what does it mean to you that the meat-eater takes on the karma or energy of those who killed the animal, or the emiotional energy of the killed animal? Do you think that applies to you?

No, that does not apply to me. I don't feel guilty about eating meat. I changed for health reasons. If it wasn't for my health I would probably still be eating meat.

I don't really know about the emotional energy of the killed animal being in me. I do think about that sometimes. My senses have improved or maybe my energy has cleared up. I also read somewhere that animal food has some kind of substance that influences your mood. So I don't know anymore whether it's mental or biological.
But there is no doubt that my mood has improved since I stopped using animal food.
When I still used animal food I just couldn't imagine that it would make such a difference. I didn't have any reference for that.
Old 26-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you, Mogen.
I suppose it's something we can only wonder about, most the time, anyway. Its possible they are related - our spiritual state, to eating meat. at least in an "as above, so below" sense, we just can't see it too easily.
Old 27-02-2016, 07:21 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Thank you, Mogen.
I suppose it's something we can only wonder about, most the time, anyway. Its possible they are related - our spiritual state, to eating meat. at least in an "as above, so below" sense, we just can't see it too easily.

I think they are indeed related. Spirits "up above" are there because they changed their way of feeling and thinking. They have created a greater harmony between themselves and their environment. An expanding love and harmony. Killing and eating flesh doesn't fit in that state of being. It doesn't attune to that higher state of harmony. I suppose.

But there is enough to eat and to enjoy up there. Plant based food like fruit and everything also evolves to a higher state of being and harmony. Nothing goes to waste.

Food in the Afterlife

It's all related to each other. Physical well being and mental well being. Everything works together in ways we haven't discovered yet.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Pathfinder

I feel more broke.

We eat organic as much as possible, as well as no animal products and gluten free. A thumbnail size loaf of bread is $6. It's alarming how much money goes for food, but it's worth it to help the other animals and to have a healthy lifestyle. Absolutely worth it.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Knower

I do not feel or consider myself more "pure" since having gone vegan. It's normal to feel satisfaction when starting a new diet, whether it's veganism, paleo, keto, etc. But one must always maintain their humility and not let it go to their head.

That being said, I do think my general health, particularly my chronic pain and fatigue, has improved since going vegan. My body is learning how to feel full on a reasonable amount of calories.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:57 PM
Seeker

I can see how this thread might play nicely into the hands of those who feel vegans are self-righteous, despite that still not being my own personal experience.
However, in answer to the OP I say, for me, no, not pure; rather I have the feeling of it being 100% the right way to go in life. I say this, not as a true vegan, but a vegetarian who knows that dairy products and infertile eggs still carry a heavy price!
Old 09-07-2016, 03:18 AM
Pathfinder

I usually feel more hungry :}

Eating more almonds, serving larger portions, and eating vegetables w/ saturated fats (the good kind) like avocados keeps me full these days.
Old 20-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I'm a vegetarian who tries to eat vegan as often as possible.

Once, after having made the decision to go vegetarian, I accidentally consumed
something non-vegetarian and my conscience couldn't stomach it (yes, literally )

So personally, I do feel cleaner, I suppose. It just feels right to me