Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 07-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
So spiritual people, tell me what you think of the Slender man? Do I have any reason to fear? Why do you think this story taken such root in my mind? It makes me close to tears that I can't find peace with forests anymore.

On another topic, I posted about how--maybe because I live in Asia--I don't see leprechauns and dryads, but I do see yokai, which I believe are spirits who operate with the same mechanics as the leprechauns and dryads.

And there is a Japanese fairy that imitates people that the witnesses know...only that it forgets to imitate the face. I believe that this fairy (it's called the nopperabo) is the closest real thing that you'd get to the Slenderman.

And I met one. It was strange, because it imitated my favorite high school English teacher, only it didn't have her face...but it wasn't dangerous.

I WILL, however, concur with what Tobi said:

Quote:
Faerie is not all sparkles and butterflies

Ever heard of the Banshee? Dullahan? Redcap? Some Faeries are very dangerous.

But we shouldn't let fear get in the way of our enjoyment of life. What is it about the Slenderman that scared you so much?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Ascender

@Niebla007 What kind of realities would that be then? What do you mean by some realities?

@Tobi, yeah I agree with what you're saying. After I went to the movies tonight with a friend, we went down this long road with forest on the sides. My first thought was that I was scared, because I been down that road before, after a scary movie. So I thought of the creatures of that movie. Then I thought of the Slender man for only like a split second, but then I was so engaged with the conversation I was having with my friend that that's the only thing I was focused on. If my focus my energies elsewhere, positively, my mind is more at ease.

@pdizzle45, I'm not really sure what my faith is.

@Ladybugskiss, I've heard that he occasionally goes after adults too.

@Albalida, that's actually pretty comforting. Yeah I've heard of the Banshee before. Does anyone know about the Sidhe? I was really entranced by them for a really long time, but over the summer my friend told me that they're soul-suckers. Is that true? I think the thing that scares me about the Slender man is he can literally be anywhere. The fact that he stalks you and makes you basically go insane with paranoia. Also the people online who claim that he's stalking them, or have seen him, just all of a sudden stop posting. They just disappear. No one has said what exactly the Slender man does with you when you confront him. I think that's what scares me the most.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Yeah I've heard of the Banshee before. Does anyone know about the Sidhe? I was really entranced by them for a really long time, but over the summer my friend told me that they're soul-suckers. Is that true?

Sidhe is Irish Gaelic for "hills", and it refers to those who supposedly live there in the hills. The Banshee would be one of the Sidhe if the spelling of the name is phonetic. Ban, meaning "woman" and "-shee" which is the pronounciation for Sidhe--meaning, woman of the hills. Rather than being any sort of vampire, she's just a sort of herald of death: to see a banshee means someone you know will die, to hear a banshee means that you will, and they're usually reported to be doing bloody laundry by rivers and the clothes that they are washing belong to those who will die (usually in battle).

Another example is the Leanan Sidhe, "beloved from the hills" who is a kind of artistic muse said to drive artists to obsession so that they waste away. But I personally believe that they are just a regular muse and the artists are just irresponsible with no work/life balance. She's not a spirit guide to say "slow down, I'll back off now and you rest up" but that's not her fault.

Because of the two above, I did get the idea that the Sidhe are completely different from the Tuatha de Dannan (the heroes of Irish legend and mythology). But, I did finally catch up with their adventures, up to the part where Mannanan mac Lir (son of the sea, with the chalice and sword that compelled honesty, and a cape that removed people's memories when shaken) led Aonghus mac Og (god of youth), Brighid (sun goddess, sort of), Lugh (warrior god--I'm using the word "god" loosely here) and everyone else
into the hills...the Sidhe.

Quote:
I think the thing that scares me about the Slender man is he can literally be anywhere. The fact that he stalks you and makes you basically go insane with paranoia. Also the people online who claim that he's stalking them, or have seen him, just all of a sudden stop posting. They just disappear. No one has said what exactly the Slender man does with you when you confront him. I think that's what scares me the most.

Have you heard of Trenderman? That might take some of the edge of fear off.

I think that, in this case, it isn't a question of "Is he real? Where is he? What does he do?" But, "Why am I afraid?"

You're afraid because the Slenderman is mysterious. Why do you react this way to mystery? Why not react with curiosity? Why wouldn't the forest you know and love and know you love, be worth it anymore? Keep asking "why" like a small child, and eventually you'll lead yourself to a true and helpful answer.

If it were borne of people's imaginative energy, then the fact that nobody can imagine what he does means that Slenderman probably does absolutely nothing. I mean, for a long time I would experience episodes of sleep paralysis (a.k.a. REM atonia) where your body is asleep but you're awake enough to want to move it--and that can be scary because half your mind is dreaming, and it's scary not to be able to move when you want, and your mind thinks up scary things...well, my mind did. Bloody disfigured people around my bed told me that they were going to take me down to hell with them, and by then I had been experiencing those nightmares for several years, so I finally told them, "I'm so sick of this go on do it I dare you" and...then they completely vanished, and I never saw them again. Sleep paralysis episodes are just an ordinary sleep disorder now, to me.

Sometimes facing your fears makes the fear itself disappear. It's nothing more than just fear.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:29 AM
Ascender

These Sidhe are only in Ireland, right? That's the thing, I used to respond to mystery with curiosity. Now I'm scared of like everything. I just want everything to be completely normal and logical. I'm not sure if this is a part of growing up, I don't know. I thought of going into the forest late at night with someone to face my fears, but everyone keeps telling me not to because it's dangerous.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:44 AM
Ascender

Quote:
These Sidhe are only in Ireland, right?

They get around, I'm sure.

Quote:
That's the thing, I used to respond to mystery with curiosity. Now I'm scared of like everything. I just want everything to be completely normal and logical. I'm not sure if this is a part of growing up, I don't know.

I thought of going into the forest late at night with someone to face my fears, but everyone keeps telling me not to because it's dangerous.

Facing your fears doesn't have to be external, although that can help if that's innately how you deal with things.

Two things I'm thinking of: Let's say that your spirit is a body, and your spirit body has a skin like your physical body, and veins like your physical body, and organs. Your fear of everything could come from

1. A blockage in the flow of your spirit that goes to your courage,
2. A leak or injury in your spirit-skin so that you're giving away your power to everything that could be scary, or
3. A missing courage-organ

Meditative journeys can help with the diagnosis and healing of this, and of course there are actual healers to pinpoint what's up
Old 08-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Ascender

I've heard that they only effect the Irish? At least the Banshee does, I've heard.
A healer? Like a psychic?
Old 08-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Niebla0007

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Maybe this could be happening:
Have you heard of a person being told to think of a pink elephant? So they do. Then they are told NOT to think of a pink elephant....whatever they do, they must NOT think of it! And to keep remembering not to.
And what happens? Of course, the person ends up being able to think of nothing ELSE but a pink elephant!
That sounds pretty funny.

Quote:
What kind of realities would that be then? What do you mean by some realities?

Thought-forms can have a reality. Emotionally-charged by reader after reader, with strong visualization, these sorts of things can take form on the astral planes.
Raise vibrations to another completely different emotional level and you should be well away from them - by Tobi
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...t=46223&page=2

Albalida also pointed the Slenderman out directly at Fiction to Astral thread before. See http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=46420
Once again, like what has already been said previously by Tobi, it does help to realize they are thought forms and not entities per se.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Niebla0007

In regards to thoughtforms, you can also look back at the forum's
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=32828 Thoughtforms

Thus, as pointed out by SpiritIgnited that because we're stuck in a thought pattern or at the other end of the spectrum, they can be consciously fashioned with complex characteristics resembling human personalities - so you can make changes yourself.
This is why I suggested for you to write about the slenderman - you can fashion & add more acceptable, even funny characteristic about him by doing so.
I'm talking about simply writing a story for fun, it can be as simple as the way the stories kids write at primary/elementary schools.
It doesn't have to be in a formal way for a book or essay.
This is by far the most direct way of confronting your issue.
Another way people who likes to paint/draw is paint/draw what they really fear, (a way of expressing and releasing it is through this)
Then, the artist would have the power to alter it, add anything she wants, and turn the whole thing into something funny, or beautiful.
The power to turn it/your fear into something you'd want is in your hands either way.

The thoughtform is only energy, the more you focus on it the more energy it gains. But you can completely separate from it - by WYN123/Celibacy Blogs/Spirituality
Old 09-12-2013, 12:55 AM
Ascender

So they occur on different astral planes? Even if I do think more about these beings, they can't get me, because they exist on a different astral plane? Does this essentially mean that other characters from movies, TV shows, books, etc. exist on a different astral plane?

Lately I've been getting scared of "mythological" beings in general. I really love Jack Frost, ever since I was little, I used to watch the Claymation special they had on TV and I had a crush on him hehe. Well yesterday I decided to do some more research on him and I found out that if you insult him, he freezes you to death! That really freaked me out. Even the mention of the Banshee on this thread, freaked me out too. I don't understand why! I was never so scared of these creatures, maybe as a child, but even so I feel more scared now! I'm 20 years old, I feel like I'm acting like a child by fearing these beings.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator
A place exists on so many levels all at the same time. On one level there is beauty, harmony, tranquility, on another level, scary things, and so on.
Those beings on one level have no awareness (most of the time) of the other possible layers or levels. We gravitate towards those vibrational states we have most in common with vibrationally, or give our energies to (emotions/powers of creativity and visualisation, etc.)