Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-10-2017, 07:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Why is it that one doesn't know?

Does not knowing on a conscious level mean that it won't rain later regardless and in despite of our lack of awareness in regards to weather patterns / conditions?

x daz x
Unsure, not something I've looked into or asked about. Everyone different, it works in many different ways, yet we are all still the same.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Unsure, not something I've looked into or asked about. Everyone different, it works in many different ways, yet we are all still the same.

I think it's the million dollar question most ask when things happen to them spontaneously, like winning the lottery or when a loved one passes over unexpectedly .. why them? why now? why me? etc, etc .

If we all consciously had all the immediate answers and knew everything that was about to happen then life for all would be seen and experienced differently .

Why is it most don't know all the answers and don't know what is going to happen in every moment is because it's not meant to be like that otherwise it would be like that .

When things happen out of the blue and we don't know why or how it happened, it's really only based upon our lack of awareness /understanding / knowing ..

That has got noting to do with what will happen and when it does .. so in that respect spontaneity is only a type ignorance .

It's not as if one can never know what is to come, so that is why spontaneity isn't really spontaneous ..

People see what is to come all the time, when I dream my fence is blown down I know it's going to get stormy ..

Just a silly example but prior to incarnation one has mapped out their experiences based upon what is going to unfold in their incarnation ..

People that have gone to war knew on some level that war was coming before the actual experience of it ..

People that are ripe for Self realization knew prior to incarnation that while experiences the physical form there would be the realization beyond it .

The list is endless .

x daz x
Old 05-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I think it's the million dollar question most ask when things happen to them spontaneously, like winning the lottery or when a loved one passes over unexpectedly .. why them? why now? why me? etc, etc .

If we all consciously had all the immediate answers and knew everything that was about to happen then life for all would be seen and experienced differently .

Why is it most don't know all the answers and don't know what is going to happen in every moment is because it's not meant to be like that otherwise it would be like that .

When things happen out of the blue and we don't know why or how it happened, it's really only based upon our lack of awareness /understanding / knowing ..

That has got noting to do with what will happen and when it does .. so in that respect spontaneity is only a type ignorance .

It's not as if one can never know what is to come, so that is why spontaneity isn't really spontaneous ..

People see what is to come all the time, when I dream my fence is blown down I know it's going to get stormy ..

Just a silly example but prior to incarnation one has mapped out their experiences based upon what is going to unfold in their incarnation ..

People that have gone to war knew on some level that war was coming before the actual experience of it ..

People that are ripe for Self realization knew prior to incarnation that while experiences the physical form there would be the realization beyond it .

The list is endless .

x daz x

Sorry daz, over reading and thinking and it's late Good night and sweet dreams when you get there

I think we do remember, in what we feel deep down. Some feel it more than others.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Without reading this whole thread, "rapid spiritual development" to me speaks completely of ego.

Release, not advancement. Peace, not war. Joy, not hilarity. In letting go, there is merit imo.

if spiritual enlightenment is the release/death of the ego, why would my ego want me to seek rapid spiritual development?

There is indeed merit in surrender, but also in holding on.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:32 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
if spiritual enlightenment is the release/death of the ego, why would my ego want me to seek rapid spiritual development?
Have you ever heard this expression? "We don't know where we are going but we're making good time"

The ego seeks stimulation and excitement. But this is counter to spiritual advancement. You are by nature a very creative powerhouse. But if you are seeking excitement then what happens is the creativity just creates more interesting excitement but you are not actually making progress. You wind up going horizontal creating ever new "experiences" that appear to change but you are really repeating patterns without realizing. Even spiritual activities can become exciting stories but without depth. So no real progress is made.

If you want to advance spiritually you need to focus on harmony and depth. You need to go inside and get quiet.

The depth scares you at first because it appears empty. You need to face yourself and your fears because you are no longer distracted by stimulation. Those fears are exactly the things that need to be addressed in order to advance. But they are never as big as they appear and will dissipate surprisingly quickly if you can get to the depth and sit with it and not get stuck to it. Don't allow it to generate another drama, just observe and let go as best you can.

The harmony is very important because as your vibrations increase anything out of balance that will become very powerful. Like an unbalanced gyro your psyche will self distruct if you try to push it too fast before the harmony has been established.

Think of an ice skater. When they extend themselves outward they go very slow. Like when the ego extends you into all kinds of activity. But when the skater wants to spin quickly, they pull themselves in toward the center and in perfect balance. That is how you get speed. It is also where you get true power and creativity.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:18 PM
Lorelyen

There's no secret because your rate of development is whatever you put into it.
Even in this age of instant gratification you can only assimilate what you learn at your own pace. Whether it's self-discovery, book learning or watching Youtube videos or trying to sort through dross on the web, to take it in, consider how it relates to your experiences/knowledge so far, and to develop... just has to be done.
There's a lot more material about now than say 20 years ago but that doesn't reduce the search time unless you're lucky because there's a lot more dross about too.
If I knew of a magic wand to speed it all up I'd buy one.

The easiest ways to alter your state of consciousness can't be discussed here and anyway need some preparation if they're to be useful...
Old 07-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Master

Quote:
There is indeed merit in surrender, but also holding on.
Nice! Even if what "I" say is wrong, "I" must say, "I" can feel it, cause it feels just like both of you said. The reason for me is cause it means (the) "I" goes aways. The illusion it dies. I become something else. I am so comfortable in "I". There are 2 "I's". I (am) will no longer be, me. I am unique, I am the only one of me there is. I lose me and I can't return. I lose myself. I'm gone. I'm scared! "I" become I. The I outside, not inside. "I" lose myself. The ego seeks....... Survival instinct and here we thought we were thinking but we were feeling. Is this a level to. I'd rather be here as I am then not be here.... selfish. The same motivations inside the tiniest creature is the same in us? All that I have learned was..................... I think we do not know our place in everything imo, we think we are the reason of everything, the center of all this. But I guess this is only me and only me. I experienced it once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
The ego seeks stimulation and excitement. But this is counter to spiritual advancement. You are by nature a very creative powerhouse. So no real progress is made.

If you want to advance spiritually you need to focus on harmony and depth. You need to go inside and get quiet.

The depth scares you at first because it appears empty. You need to face yourself and your fears because you are no longer distracted by stimulation. Those fears are exactly the things that need to be addressed in order to advance. But they are never as big as they appear and will dissipate surprisingly quickly if you can get to the depth and sit with it and not get stuck to it. Don't allow it to generate another drama, just observe and let go as best you can. I have been told the mind cannot transcend or leap beyond what it knows, but I still think it can. In fact people cannot function well by new thinking and interacting. It is really interesting if you did we'd probably not survive as we do, btw.

Again, I may be wrong, but "I" also feel just what you said. I'm not going to deny any of this.

But I will also say, I've seen some really bad examples of spiritual persona as examples and I don't want to be like them but better....lol.

In a way it is like the computer reprogramming itself. It's up to you, it's your choice. Also keep in mind the brain must believe (have) something. It cannot not. It's kinda like our discussion that nothing isn't possible. Otherwise we'd go mad instead of be knowing. Try right now thinking a a new thing. You can't can you. Even me telling you this, can you. Try again. This is why the brain is repetitive (pattern oriented), it will take the same route each time. A person cannot grasp infinity for instance, yet we think we do. We understand it by going beyond it so to speak.

Last edited by lemex : 07-10-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Try right now thinking a a new thing. You can't can you. Even me telling you this, can you. Try again. This is why the brain is repetitive (pattern oriented), it will take the same route each time. A person cannot grasp infinity for instance, yet we think we do. We understand it by going beyond it so to speak.
If this were true, invention, embellishment, lying, etc would all be impossible.

I agree the brain is pattern oriented, but it is not the whole story. We also have that pinhole in infinity that let's us go just a bit further than just repetitive patterns.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
If this were true, invention, embellishment, lying, etc would all be impossible.

I agree the brain is pattern oriented, but it is not the whole story. We also have that pinhole in infinity that let's us go just a bit further than just repetitive patterns.

True, there is success. But isn't it usually the next generation that did it where the previous couldn't put it together. They couldn't find the new way. I'm thinking we're kinda like that to spiritually, the next generation of our "I" that is able to put it together from the previous but why? It's necessary for it to become familiar to us, right. To think about it, experiment, test, fail, to succeed. Where we become comfortable with the thought. The seeds of thought others added to.

It is multi-demension is it not. They did not think of it first!

I wanted to point out generally we are the recipient or users of knowledge that arises from the few (others). Something or someone has to be first. Jesus is an example. We use his ideas. The cell phone is an example. Dare I say the manifesting is limited not to the masses but used by them. We are the users, more then anything and so cannot take credit for it. Without these few would we have these ideas.

I think spiritually we can use ideas that come to fruition that others see. Iow we can use what you point out, it happens. It's real. Some can break paradigms. I think what you say is true and part of the bigger picture.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:01 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:

There is indeed merit in surrender, but also in holding on.

To answer this, one would have to seek to clarify what is ego, and what is not first. Meditation (non seeking, non ladder climbing, non levels) is probably a fine place to start