Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie84
Wow, that's all so exciting to think about. Do the scary things try to scare you on purpose? And if so why? I've read that they feed off of energy but is that why they want to scare me?
I learned most of what I know from Erin Pavlina. An intuitive counselor/medium that I found online a few weeks ago. Then I found. This site because I had a lot of questions.
I'm thankful to have you to talk to about this and i appreciate you taking the time to answer all of my questions.
I want to make sure I do this right so I was wondering how long I should stay up when i wake up after the 4 hrs of sleep and before going back to sleep? I don't want to not stay up long enough and then it was pointless.

Well, although this method works for me, it might or might not work for you. I don't stay up long, maybe a half hour? I discovered this by accident when having bad nights of sleep some time back. When I went back to bed I would always be leaving my body very soon after.
Doing this, you can expect to feel a bit tired the next day, unless you leave plenty of time for sleep, that night/early morning. But I would advise that if you HAVE a projection, if you can, get up and write down the whole experience before going back and getting some more sleep. Otherwise you could "sleep over it" when you come back to body, and forget it in the morning.
Old 28-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Marie84

When you return to your body do you wake up or fall back into your body's sleep? Because to be able to write everything down i would have to wake up. And when you leave your body what do you do to get to different places? Can I go to places I've never been to before, like the top of the Eiffel Tower? And other planes?
Old 28-03-2013, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator
I've had both....I've been out then come back and been wide awake in my body, and got up. (The first few times you do this you might feel a little bit dizzy. That's just because you need to get "grounded" again. After a while of doing it, it doesn't seem to be a problem.) When this happens, the projection, or out of body experience remains really clear, and there is no break in conscious awareness.
And I've had times when I've gone out of body, then come back and slept...or times when I've become less and less consciously aware while out, and lost the whole plot....then woken up some time later with only vague memories.

I have heard that travelling to a place on Earth (like the Eiffel Tower, etc) -you would be automatically in what's called the "Real Time Zone" -the plane nearest Earth. And there are so many distortions on this plane it would be very difficult to do. But I have never done anything like that. So my thoughts about it are that if that's what you want to do -then give it a try!

Some well known writers on the subject say that they have been to many places on this Real Time Zone, including other planets!
I have only ever been in my room, my house, or the local environment to my home while on the RTZ. The furthest about a half mile away.
Old 28-03-2013, 01:24 AM
Marie84

Cat

I thought from what I've read that when you leave your body you can go wherever you want. I didn't think about it but these people are probably very experienced travelers. I've read that people do laps around the earth, go to different higher plains and get "tours" from angels, visit their friend's house and try to let them know they're there while they're sleeping. These are just some things I've read but I didn't think that maybe it wasn't possible for everyone to have these experiences. When people google astral projection Erin Pavlina comes up as a search result because she has so much experience with this. So I've learned a lot from her articles and blogs. Have you heard of her?
Old 28-03-2013, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator
Yes I've heard of her. She seems like a nice lady. I don't detect B/S with the things she says.
The only thing I can say is everyone has different experiences. What sounds impossible to one person because they have experienced differently -can happen to someone else!
I'd say, whatever you set your mind or heart to do, give it a try. You never know what you can achieve.
Old 28-03-2013, 02:09 AM
Marie84

I love everything I've read from her. I want to eventually get a reading from someone whether it's her on not.
I think you're absolutely right. Everyone is different and has different experiences and I can't wait to tell you about my first experience. I feel like I'm getting prepared.
Old 28-03-2013, 02:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie84
Thank you Xanth for the article. It was very thorough and I learned a lot from it. they definitely know what they're talking about.
Astral explorer I read what you wrote and see that I don't have to focus so much on sleep paralysis to be able to project and that's good to know because I've only had sp once. You mentioned trying to project naturally. How can I Learn to do that? I've read meditating can work but for me I don't know where to go with it. Does anyone know what can help? I'm sorry I'm just brand new to this but very excited. Maybe an article or some advice. Everyone on here seems to be very experienced and I would love to learn what I can from you all. Thanks to everyone

I have read that article that Xanth totes around but the problem with it is that it's trying to explain sleep paralysis as purely something physical when I know for a fact it is not. As I suggested next time you suffer from sleep paralysis make yourself wiggle and move as much as you possibly can and by the time it's all over and you are conscious in your physical body you will see that your physical body is in a completely different location than your subtle body that was suffering from sleep paralysis. I know the term paralysis indicates you are paralyzed but even on the most severe episodes I have had I am still able to wiggle my legs and torso a few centimeters or milimeters with each wiggle and over 30 seconds to a minute of doing so I end up several inches or feet away from where the episode started and then when the paralysis passes and I am suddenly zapped back into my physical body what do ya know? I am in a different location. I have had it to the point where I have been on the total opposite side of the bed, I have even rolled myself off of the bed and every single time when the paralysis ends I am back to the same spot the paralysis began but I haven't moved back. Having this happen hundreds or thousands of times as well as being paralyzed in the middle of dreams when I am no where near my bed or my physical body has shown me that with out a shadow of a doubt sleep paralysis is not only some physical thing that happens.

As far as the astral projection there is no reason to apologize we all have to start somewhere. Meditation is a good way to project but for me personally I just project through a short sleeping pattern every night. I typically wake up every 2-3 hours and I allow myself to fall asleep while listening to a Delta wave binaural beat. When I wake up naturally in a couple hours I don't move at all and just lay there relaxing and more often than not it will lead to the vibrational stage and a projection or even a couple of projections back to back. I suggest you work out any fears you have first though they are only going to complicate matters.

And as far as where you go during projections when you think about where you want to go you run an incredibly high risk of simply creating that place mentally. So while it appears you are visiting where you wanted you aren't at the actual location. Because in reality you cannot visit physical locations through astral travel because the second you leave your body you are no longer in the physical dimension. What you can visit is the RTZ space that overlaps a specific location and it may or may not look the same as the physical space it overlaps, but even if it does look the same it's going to have anything varying from minor to major distortions. A myth of astral projection is that you can use it to travel to physical locations that you have always dreamed of going. The truth of the matter is if you wish to visit physical locations then you should just buy a plane ticket and travel there physically because astral travel is never going to guarantee you an authentic experience of visiting that location. Where you end up during your astral travels is controlled more by unseen factors than your hopes, wishes, and desires. Your vibrational frequency is going to enable you to go so far or it's not. Once you leave your body if you remain in the RTZ sure you can fly up the street and visit people's homes that live near you but a projection is only going to last so long so the chances of you having a projection long enough to fly from your house to Paris for example are nearly non existant. Not to mention it's highly unlikely anyone knows how to get there anyways.

Once you fly into the astral planes there are no maps, there are no road signs, there is nothing to help you navigate. You end up where you end up and if you are focusing mentally on where you want to go more often than not you are just going to mentally construct the enviroment around you to look that way, that is best case scenario. Astral travel is something spiritual and a tool to help you grow spiritually not necessarily something to help you travel to physical locations and things of that nature, unfortunately it takes people some time and projections to realize this and there are so many myths out there about projecting that misguide and mislead them into projecting for all of the wrong reasons. There is a lot of astral projection propaganda out there and they make these false promises of you being able to visit physical locations and stuff like that but the catch is that after they make these splendid claims they want you to spend 49.99 on their astral projection program promising it will teach you how to do everything they have exxagerated and lied about. Don't get me wrong though it's good more people are getting into astral projection regardless of the original reason they started. Because once they start and quickly realize all of the propaganda they first read and believed is a false claim they will soon learn the truth about astral projection and what it is really meant to be used for and from that point on they can begin growing.
Old 29-03-2013, 03:06 AM
Guide
Astral Explorer,
You're more than welcome to any opinion you want to hold on the subject, but realize that other people have other opinions as well... they might run contrary to yours, but they're still 100% valid.

The article I linked is the culmination of Bedeekin's over 25 years of experience with Sleep Paralysis. Obviously, you don't have to agree with it... but I do ask that you respect it. You don't do Sleep Paralysis for 25 years and not learn a thing or two. In fact, he STILL does it today... it's become his main launchpad for most of his projections. I'd ask that, at the very least, you please respect that.

The facts here are very clear: you don't know what it is or is not, you only have your experiences... the same goes for Bedeekin too. He can only report what his direct experiences are and the conclusions he's drawn from them (same as you). He is free to share what he's experienced over the course of his lifetime with direct personal experiences as evidence... just as you are.

Maria84,
I'm glad you learned a lot from Bedeekin's post. He'll be quite happy to hear that. Alternatively, as I pointed out to Astral Explorer... Bedeekin's opinion, while based upon personal experience, is only that... his own experience. I fully encourage you to seek out your own answers, using your own personal experience as well.

In my humble opinion... direct, personal experience with something trumps anything anyone can ever tell you about projection.

It's like tasting an orange... you can ask everyone what an orange tastes like, but you'll never really know for yourself until you actually taste it yourself. :)
Old 29-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
Astral Explorer,
You're more than welcome to any opinion you want to hold on the subject, but realize that other people have other opinions as well... they might run contrary to yours, but they're still 100% valid.

The article I linked is the culmination of Bedeekin's over 25 years of experience with Sleep Paralysis. Obviously, you don't have to agree with it... but I do ask that you respect it. You don't do Sleep Paralysis for 25 years and not learn a thing or two. In fact, he STILL does it today... it's become his main launchpad for most of his projections. I'd ask that, at the very least, you please respect that.

The facts here are very clear: you don't know what it is or is not, you only have your experiences... the same goes for Bedeekin too. He can only report what his direct experiences are and the conclusions he's drawn from them (same as you). He is free to share what he's experienced over the course of his lifetime with direct personal experiences as evidence... just as you are.

Maria84,
I'm glad you learned a lot from Bedeekin's post. He'll be quite happy to hear that. Alternatively, as I pointed out to Astral Explorer... Bedeekin's opinion, while based upon personal experience, is only that... his own experience. I fully encourage you to seek out your own answers, using your own personal experience as well.

In my humble opinion... direct, personal experience with something trumps anything anyone can ever tell you about projection.

It's like tasting an orange... you can ask everyone what an orange tastes like, but you'll never really know for yourself until you actually taste it yourself. :)

The problem with his opinion is that he acts like his explanation explains every single episode of sleep paralysis and that it only happens through the means of his explanation. I am not so ignorant that I cannot say that my explanation surely cannot cover everything, I would never attempt to say that and I would never believe it even if I did. After reading his article I felt like I hadn't learned anything about sleep paralysis that I hadn't heard prior because he took the same method of explaining it as every single psychologist, doctor, and person of science has for more years than we can count. All of them have never experienced it enough under the right conditions to believe it is anything but something physical when I know for myself that it has more to do with our subtle bodies than our physical body. Obviously I cannot say exactly what happens during sleep paralysis in reality neither can he. But it appears that we cannot wake up when sleep paralysis is occurring, I feel it has something to do with our etheric body but all of our subtle bodies can be paralyzed. I know that our astral body doesn't have to be assimilated for us to be able to wake up, but it appears to me our etheric body does. I find it incredibly obsurd that he uses sleep paralysis to project but then in the same breath thinks it is purely something physical. As you suggested though everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when I state my opinion I never leave the door closed for other possibilities. Nor would I go around promoting it as pro-spiritual propaganda as you appear to be promoting his anti-spiritual view of sleep paralysis. Personally I would hate to hear his opinionated explanation of what astral projection is, I imagine he likens it to dreams which he belies are merely a mental creation that is all in our heads.
Old 29-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Master

I realise people experience things differently so we should accept each others opinion. What is real or right for one person may not be real to another person. I should not have said to AE a while ago that I do not believe what he said. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of what they believe is true.