Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-03-2013, 03:29 AM
Experiencer
How do you project with such intentions? I want to experience astral projection so badly. I know I pretty much have the lucid dreaming part down. But lately it's hard for me to even do that. The second I drift out of consciousness, I'm out..i'll be lucky to remember my dream in the morning. I'll get lucky here & there..but it's hard to control. I'm just trying me best for now, decalcifying the pineal gland, meditating, etc.
Old 19-03-2013, 03:31 AM
Experiencer
Whenever I attempt to do it, the thought that I'm intending to do it is distracting & I can't keep focus. :( Maybe I should post a separate thread for this.
Old 19-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Guide
You say you have the lucid dreaming thing down?
Lucid dreams are projections. So you've pretty much got projecting down...

I posted this somewhere else as well but:
The difference between a "lucid dream" and an "astral projection" is the same as the difference in your awareness when you wake up first thing in the morning when you're all groggy and tired, to later in the day after you've had that first cup of coffee and you're all bright and awake. You're simply just "more aware".

As for the Intent... just project with nothing but the best intentions in your heart. Follow your morals and ethics.

And seriously, don't worry about your pineal gland. You're worrying yourself for nothing.
Old 19-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexa_summer
Interesting. Where do you get this knowledge from? Everything you are saying makes sense & is very insightful.

It does make a lot of sense... In order for their to be happiness, there has to be suffering in order to define it, maintaining the balance. I think that suffering & then *learning* from it is key. You are right. Learning in general is the key. After this conversation I can say I have a better outlook when it comes to suffering & stress in my life. :)

Well some of the things I said come from reading books and the rest comes from personal experiences and things I have been told by other spirits/entities. The rest is just basic teachings of Buddhism as I am sure you already knew. I try and look at situations people would consider to be pain and suffering from a perspective of "who knows what is good or bad?" Because honestly the difference between "good" and "bad" varies from person to person. What one person views as good another might view bad and vica versa. "Bad" experiences we have can bring about good things, and "good" experiences we have can bring about bad things. So there is really no way of knowing what is good or bad in this world, we should just keep an open mind and live and let things be. At least that is how I feel at this point of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
alexa,
I've been projecting for pretty much as long as I can remember (I'm 33 now)... and I've *NEVER* come across anything which I'd label as "evil" or "negative".
I'm not saying that things such as that don't exist, far from it... I project with a certain "Intent", it's the Intent of Love.

Suffice to say, if you go out looking for trouble, you'll find it. Project with Love in your heart and I can guarantee you'll be fine.

It's likely your vibrational frequency is at a level where you simply cannot sense the lower vibrational entities/spirits, just like someone with a low vibration cannot sense high vibrational spirits/entities. The high vibrational entities typically have the ability to lower their vibration so that they can interact with you, but low vibrational beings can only raise their vibration so far. But just because you can't sense a spirit doesn't mean they cannot sense you. I would argue you have passed thousands of spirits that would be considered "negative", you just don't know it.

I know for a fact that astral projectors in general are like beacons for spirits of all kinds, and high vibrational projectors are just as attractive to low vibrational spirits as high vibrational spirits. The low vibrational spirits like to see what they can and cannot do to the high vibrational projectors since they don't run into them very often, they like to test the boundries and limits. When we project into the planes it's the equivalent of us walking around a city naked with a sign saying "hey I am rich and defenseless". People just can't help themself and the same goes for spirits in the astral planes.

I can't say why it is so obvious to them we are living beings but it definitely is. Even when I project with nothing but the intent of love I still run into spirits of all frequencies. There are "good" spirits in the lower planes, and there are certainly "bad" spirits in the center planes. I can't say about the top of the planes because unfortunately I haven't made my way to them yet. But at this point I go around all sections of the planes that I have access to extending all spirits light and love and hugging them no matter their nature and I still encounter plenty of spirits who would rather do something bad to me than good. It's the same in the physical plane when we walk down a crowded street we are going to pass both "good" and "bad" people, but when we pass them we don't automatically know their nature. So I am sure you have at the very least passed some spirits that some people would consider "negative" you just didn't stick around long enough or have an interaction with them that allowed you to see their nature.

Quote:
How do you project with such intentions? I want to experience astral projection so badly. I know I pretty much have the lucid dreaming part down. But lately it's hard for me to even do that. The second I drift out of consciousness, I'm out..i'll be lucky to remember my dream in the morning. I'll get lucky here & there..but it's hard to control. I'm just trying me best for now, decalcifying the pineal gland, meditating, etc.

Alexa I suggest you buy a notebook and keep a pen or pencil by your bed. Every time you wake up from a dream jot down a couple notes of what happened in the dream so that when you wake up for good in the morning the notes will refresh your memory and allow you to remember the entire dream so that you can write it all down. Doing this over an extended period of time will help you improve your dream recall. Improving your dream recall will improve your projection recall since projecting is just a conscious form of dreaming.

Also I suggest that since you are new to projecting that when you do make it out of body you keep your projections extremely short. If you don't have a strong dream recall and you spend too much time out of body during a projection you are very likely to not remember the entire experience. So by keeping them short in the beginning you are much more likely to remember the experience. When the experience is over do the exact same thing I suggested you do with your dreams and jot down a few notes so that when you get up for good you can write down the entire experience. Each projection that follows just stay out for a little bit longer, at the very most a minute longer each projection. If you end up forgetting what happened in the entire projection then next time make it shorter than the last.

The last thing that will help you is becoming a skilled lucid dreamer. If you are able to identify that you are dreaming this will make it so you can lucid dream very often. Being able to lucid dream will also help you increase your dream recall since lucid dreaming is pretty much the exact same thing as projecting, the only difference is we are already out of body during most lucid dreams. The way to identify you are dreaming is reality checks. For me the indicator is flying, I know for a fact I cannot fly while I am awake and even in non-lucid dreams I travel by flight. So I will think about the fact that I am flying or hovering and will realize I am dreaming. From that point on it is pretty much a conscious projection and without a doubt lucid dreaming has been a huge boost in my dream recall.

I have been a lucid dreamer since I was young so I can remember extremely long projections and dreams. I have had projections that seemed to last nearly half an hour or more. You will have to figure out your own reality checks some people jump up and down and see if gravity is the same, some people do a breathing exercize since we don't actually need to breathe in our dreams, some people look in mirrors although I don't imagine a mirror is always around. Try and think of something you often do in your dreams that you don't do while awake and that could be a good reality check.
Old 20-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
It's likely your vibrational frequency is at a level where you simply cannot sense the lower vibrational entities/spirits, just like someone with a low vibration cannot sense high vibrational spirits/entities. The high vibrational entities typically have the ability to lower their vibration so that they can interact with you, but low vibrational beings can only raise their vibration so far. But just because you can't sense a spirit doesn't mean they cannot sense you. I would argue you have passed thousands of spirits that would be considered "negative", you just don't know it.
Quite possibly. Who knows really. I sure don't. :)

Perhaps it's just my perspective and that I don't really ever see any encounter in the non-physical as "negative"... perhaps. Again, I dunno. hehe
Old 20-03-2013, 03:31 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Alexa I suggest you buy a notebook and keep a pen or pencil by your bed. Every time you wake up from a dream jot down a couple notes of what happened in the dream so that when you wake up for good in the morning the notes will refresh your memory and allow you to remember the entire dream so that you can write it all down. Doing this over an extended period of time will help you improve your dream recall. Improving your dream recall will improve your projection recall since projecting is just a conscious form of dreaming.

Also I suggest that since you are new to projecting that when you do make it out of body you keep your projections extremely short. If you don't have a strong dream recall and you spend too much time out of body during a projection you are very likely to not remember the entire experience. So by keeping them short in the beginning you are much more likely to remember the experience. When the experience is over do the exact same thing I suggested you do with your dreams and jot down a few notes so that when you get up for good you can write down the entire experience. Each projection that follows just stay out for a little bit longer, at the very most a minute longer each projection. If you end up forgetting what happened in the entire projection then next time make it shorter than the last.

The last thing that will help you is becoming a skilled lucid dreamer. If you are able to identify that you are dreaming this will make it so you can lucid dream very often. Being able to lucid dream will also help you increase your dream recall since lucid dreaming is pretty much the exact same thing as projecting, the only difference is we are already out of body during most lucid dreams. The way to identify you are dreaming is reality checks. For me the indicator is flying, I know for a fact I cannot fly while I am awake and even in non-lucid dreams I travel by flight. So I will think about the fact that I am flying or hovering and will realize I am dreaming. From that point on it is pretty much a conscious projection and without a doubt lucid dreaming has been a huge boost in my dream recall.

I have been a lucid dreamer since I was young so I can remember extremely long projections and dreams. I have had projections that seemed to last nearly half an hour or more. You will have to figure out your own reality checks some people jump up and down and see if gravity is the same, some people do a breathing exercize since we don't actually need to breathe in our dreams, some people look in mirrors although I don't imagine a mirror is always around. Try and think of something you often do in your dreams that you don't do while awake and that could be a good reality check.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice. Now that you talk about "reality checks" I remember doing those in many of my dreams now that I think about it. I don't know why I can't anymore. When I dream, the dreams feel so real to me it is almost like my mind is too tired to control them or think about things for that matter. I used to be good at picking out things in my dreams that generally don't make any sense, or as you called them "reality checks". I have a notebook in the bedroom, I should make more use of it. I'm listening to some delta waves right now & hoping they help too! :)
You're a great help.
Old 21-03-2013, 06:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for all the wonderful advice. Now that you talk about "reality checks" I remember doing those in many of my dreams now that I think about it. I don't know why I can't anymore. When I dream, the dreams feel so real to me it is almost like my mind is too tired to control them or think about things for that matter. I used to be good at picking out things in my dreams that generally don't make any sense, or as you called them "reality checks". I have a notebook in the bedroom, I should make more use of it. I'm listening to some delta waves right now & hoping they help too! :)
You're a great help.

I suggest you use those delta waves to sleep every night. I do that and it leads to several projections a week for me as well as countless lucid dreams. Personally I wake up several times a night usually at about 2-3 hour intervals. When I wake up from sleeping I will just lay there for a couple minutes and if all has gone wrong and my earbuds didn't fall out of my ears then it usually leads to a projection. Not to mention the delta waves will help you sleep better and bring about more dreams. I can't say how/why that works honestly but it does, theoretically delta state is a deep dreamless state and theta should be the waves to do all of the stuff I am describing. But from my personal experience the delta waves have worked better than the theta. The theta worked for me during mediation but for projections from sleeping and lucid dreams the delta waves have worked much better. Are you really tired at night? Do you not get a lot of sleep? If so that could be a factor in you not lucid dreaming much anymore. I would try and think about any changes that have occurred in you or with you from the time you used to lucid dream a lot to now. Whatever those changes are it's likely they are what making a difference whether it be diet, daily routines, sleeping schedules, etc.
Old 21-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Experiencer
I found a decent delta wave track on youtube, this was the only one that made me feel "vibrated" & sensitive after the listen. I know youtube isn't very credible for them but I am cheap & don't want to pay money for them, & I used to have an app on my phone where you can adjust the frequency, but no matter how I adjusted it, it was just annoying & distracting to my ears/brain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnhFs...E5EQUac4zQJrnA

& I don't know, when ever I go to sleep, it's really deep & sound..but I go to bed pretty late at night. Being your typical college student, I am usually up until about 2-3am & depending if I have classes or not I wake up around noon or 12:30ish. I know that we rearranged the bedroom a few months ago, my bed isn't facing the magnetic North-South or however it is supposed to be, at least I don't think. That could be a factor. I should also mention that I have been on adderall based medication for about 14 or 15 years to treat ADD & have fluctuated the time in the day to take it..if i take it later in the day, I won't feel tired until really late at night, If i take it early in the morning (which hardly do anymore) I am able to fall asleep a lot better. But I don't take it in the summer time or on the weekends. Last summer, I had a lot of strange lucid dreaming occurrences & I recall before then as well. I think it might have a lot to do with my AP/LD blockage but I am really really dependent on Vyvanse. I hate the side-effects, but it helps my grades so so much. When I'm on it, my eating habits & health is awful --there's another factor-- I'll eat maybe a small sandwich or bowl of soup each day. I'm starting to look into more natural supplements to replace it but haven't really had any luck. & if I stop taking it all together, which I have tried before, everything goes to hell & i find it impossible to focus..so I am thinking that is probably the main reason for my struggles. I don't really know what to do.
Old 21-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Michellels

You probs did astrol project! People tend to do so often. Its not uncommon so I hear. But the fact you had a very intuitive day is really interesting. I may have to look into this more myself. Sounds like you are very sensitive psychically.
Old 22-03-2013, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
I found a decent delta wave track on youtube, this was the only one that made me feel "vibrated" & sensitive after the listen. I know youtube isn't very credible for them but I am cheap & don't want to pay money for them, & I used to have an app on my phone where you can adjust the frequency, but no matter how I adjusted it, it was just annoying & distracting to my ears/brain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnhFs...E5EQUac4zQJrnA

& I don't know, when ever I go to sleep, it's really deep & sound..but I go to bed pretty late at night. Being your typical college student, I am usually up until about 2-3am & depending if I have classes or not I wake up around noon or 12:30ish. I know that we rearranged the bedroom a few months ago, my bed isn't facing the magnetic North-South or however it is supposed to be, at least I don't think. That could be a factor. I should also mention that I have been on adderall based medication for about 14 or 15 years to treat ADD & have fluctuated the time in the day to take it..if i take it later in the day, I won't feel tired until really late at night, If i take it early in the morning (which hardly do anymore) I am able to fall asleep a lot better. But I don't take it in the summer time or on the weekends. Last summer, I had a lot of strange lucid dreaming occurrences & I recall before then as well. I think it might have a lot to do with my AP/LD blockage but I am really really dependent on Vyvanse. I hate the side-effects, but it helps my grades so so much. When I'm on it, my eating habits & health is awful --there's another factor-- I'll eat maybe a small sandwich or bowl of soup each day. I'm starting to look into more natural supplements to replace it but haven't really had any luck. & if I stop taking it all together, which I have tried before, everything goes to hell & i find it impossible to focus..so I am thinking that is probably the main reason for my struggles. I don't really know what to do.

Hm yea Adderall is very bad for you being it is an amphetamine, honestly I am surprised it's still on the market and doctors actually prescribe it for people. Medications especially ones like that can really damage your subtle bodies, chakras, etc. I work with a lot of people who have addictions and some of those addictions were triggers by drugs like Adderall. I can't suggest you go off of it especially since you have taken it for so long but somewhere down the road you might want to find alternative ways to focus and treat the ADD. Doctors are way too quick to shove pills down your throat for various reasons and unfortunately in most cases it's not necessary. The medications usually end up causing more damage than improvement. Sure it helps you focus and get a lot of work done but 20 years from now you could have irreversible heart damage or something along those lines. I am not trying to scare you but dabbling in spiritual activities while taking medications such as Adderall might not be a wise decision. You will probably want to wait until the summer when you stop taking it, that would be the wisest decision in my opinion. You should also try some natural methods this summer and see if you can find anything that helps you enough that you won't need Adderall after the summer. It's very possible you are experiencing an AD/LD blockage while you take Adderall because your body/mind know it's not a wise decision and is doing it to protect you.

Here is the link to the free Delta wave binaural beat I use every night: http://cdn.sleepphones.com/NoiseDeepSleep.mp3

If for some reason that one doesn't work well for you let me know and I have a bunch of other binaurals that I could send you. I have never paid for a binaural beat personally and I have dozens of them.