Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-09-2011, 02:06 AM
angel6m2000

Inner Child.

Does getting in touch with your inner child really help spiritual growth?

If so, How?
Old 27-09-2011, 02:21 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel6m2000

If so, How?
What do you mean by 'inner child'?.. it's always recommended to be honest with yourself, sincere about understanding Life and your relationships with it..

Be well..
Old 27-09-2011, 03:02 AM
mattie

Mixed Bag With Inner Child Concept

Inner child was a popular concept in the ‘70s to represent our childlike qualities. What can be problematic about this if it is viewed as independent from our rest of our psyche. It is part of our psyche. Viewing any part of our psyche as autonomous is problematic. It can be useful to use the concept of inner child to explore our psyche as long as it isn’t considered separate.

One of the things that was overemphasized w/ the inner child theories was overly focusing on that everyone was supposed to have a damaged inner child. This may be true for some, but not others. This got to be a catch all & an excuse for not taking responsibility for one’s life.

Getting in touch w/ all of our energies helps spiritual growth. One of the ways we can get in touch w/ our inner child is regularly appreciating the little joys of life.
Old 27-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
...One of the ways we can get in touch w/ our inner child is regularly appreciating the little joys of life.

Exactly. For me, the 'inner child' represents our sense of innocence, wonder, and awe in life. It is an initial state of mental and emotional openness and even vulnerability. It is the state from which growth is most easily encouraged.
Old 27-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:

If so, How?

Hello... The 'inner child' is a healing stratagy, because human hurt is often in the child, but in the mind we can go back to the time when the child was hurt and hold the child, embrace the child, reassure the child, and let the child know he/she is loved and everything is OK.
Old 27-09-2011, 05:39 PM
angel6m2000

Mattie, you always seem so helpful for me. Thank you.
First of all, I don't even know if I am in touch with my inner child. I know what your saying with appreciating the simple things in life, which I do so much of, but I feel like there's more. When I was a child, I was full of adventure and excitement, but I seemed to lose that when I got into my teenage years. I am trying to redevelop that sense of me, as well as other sense, but this one just seems the hardest.

This is where it gets hard to "hold" the child within me. As I cannot fully remember what I was like when I was a child. I remember parts but I feel like a vital piece is missing.
Old 27-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Master
Smile

Quote:
Mattie, you always seem so helpful for me. Thank you.
First of all, I don't even know if I am in touch with my inner child. I know what your saying with appreciating the simple things in life, which I do so much of, but I feel like there's more. When I was a child, I was full of adventure and excitement, but I seemed to lose that when I got into my teenage years. I am trying to redevelop that sense of me, as well as other sense, but this one just seems the hardest.

This is where it gets hard to "hold" the child within me. As I cannot fully remember what I was like when I was a child. I remember parts but I feel like a vital piece is missing.

I hope you don't mind my chiming in ~ oftentimes these unremembered pieces will pop up at various times throughout our lives, when they'll make the most sense, something in your life or just plain timing will make them come to your conscious mind. I believe it's best not to sweat it, as they will show up when they have the potential to make a good difference, when your psyche is ready /fertile to receive them. It can't hurt to meditate and/or pray about them.

Old 27-09-2011, 05:57 PM
angel6m2000

Thank you Silvergirl. I often wonder what I should meditate on, this would be a good one.

And I agree with you saying it'll happen when I'm ready.=)
Old 27-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Master
Quote:
I feel like a vital piece is missing.

What does it feel like?
Old 27-09-2011, 06:04 PM
angel6m2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
What does it feel like?

Energetic and carefree. Optimistic and socially abundant. These come from memories of my past but that's what I feel when I think of my childhood.