Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 07-06-2011, 04:39 PM
HalfaMan

In need of rescue

Hi everyone, not been about here apart from my own blog thing here.

I am right in the middle of a big faith crisis

Its coming up on 2 years since my wife died and is over a year since mum died.

What has kept me going was my faith that at least my wife would try to get back in contact with me, she said she would on her death bed!

Well I have tried to learn things, joined this and other forums and had various readings etc.

Also, I have been working hard on providing a bridge to help my lady get back in touch.
Initially via meditation but this failed.
Then by electronic means, EVP, DRV and many others even light to sound and IR to sound.
Various radio based projects, done the research, built the kit.

Apart from some very tenuous sounds, this has all failed.

Then at my wifes sisters suggestion (she is a platform medium) I placed a very special ring that my wife loved on a sheet of paper, drew around it and asked her to move it.

Nothing, not a MM :-(

I am fed up with being told I am trying too hard or that its my pain that stops it!

Now we have the renowned scientist Stephen Hawkings saying that the after life is just a fairy tale.

I feel so alone, so isolated and devastated and now I am starting to come to terms with an even more dreadful truth that, there is nothing and all my hope bleeds away.

Sorry this is negative, but I want to feel better and need someone to say something that will help me have faith again.

Regards

Mike
Old 07-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Master
I shared something earlier within the past 24 about some of my feelings about having lost my son 2-14-10. It's not much to offer, but it's something anyway>>>

It's been a while since I visited here...I never knew some day would come when I could feel the burden of the pain lift a bit. Although from past experience with my brother and my mom, I knew it would come to pass. I've been working hard, thinking about my son, my brain seeming to not want to stop reaching out to see if I could touch him, find him, sense him. I do sense him strongly and with a sense of satisfaction, but I selfishly want that feeling all the time. For once, I was working in the area where his bed used to be and not feel the horror that I once thought would NEVER leave and felt faint guilt, so today was proof that the pain, the guilt does fade. I doubt that it will ever go completely.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Master
One thing we know for sure is that we live on in the loved ones that we affected most.
Our very breath changes the world we live in for us and for those after us.
This alone makes life a beautiful place IMO.
Anything else (afterlife) is just gravy..............
James
Old 07-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm sorry Mike. Grief is so hard and I can imagine the lack of faith.

I don't know why at present your wife isn't giving you a sign, but don't give up.

I have seen two mediums who gave me very accurate evidence of people in my life who have passed, including a small baby. They could not have guessed or known. I never give any information away. One medium even got names.

I realise my evidence can never convinced anyone else, but I hope that you can find the strength to hold on during this dark time. Crises of faith are hard - been there - but often they give way to greater strength.

Thinking of you.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Master
Fish

I've never doubted our spiritlife existence. But I never assumed how or when or under what circumstances they would be 'in touch'. I feel our spirits need to be respected, honored, not assuming they just hang around and be at one another's beck and call. Whatever you were to each other that relationship is forever gone. It exists but it's changed, whether they are on some sort of mission or duty calls them and they will be out of touch for a long while or they are on a vacation of sorts. Our need for them no longer matters. We are in even less position to call any of the shots than before.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfaMan
Now we have the renowned scientist Stephen Hawkings saying that the after life is just a fairy tale.

I feel so alone, so isolated and devastated and now I am starting to come to terms with an even more dreadful truth that, there is nothing and all my hope bleeds away.
You shouldn't pay any attention to what Stephen Hawking says about life after death. He is one of the most intelligent men alive today and knows a lot about the universe and how it works, but human intelligence alone can't tell us anything about what lies beyond this life.

God is the only source of information about what lies beyond the material world. He has given us the Bible as a revelation of his will and why our world exists. Here is a site where you can learn what the Bible teaches about what happens to us after we leave this life:

http://christianity.co.nz/life_death.htm
Old 07-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Knower
The Dark Candle
A man had a little daughter-an only and much-beloved child. He lived for her ~ she was his life. So when she became ill and her illness resisted the efforts of the best obtainable physicians, he became like a man possessed, moving heaven and earth to bring about her restoration to health.
His best efforts proved unavailing and the child died. The father was totally irreconcilable. He became a bitter recluse, shutting himself away from his many friends and refusing every activity that might restore his poise and bring him back to his normal self. But one night he had a dream. He was in Heaven, and was witnessing a grand pageant of all the little child angels. They were marching in an apparently endless line past the Great White Throne. Every white-robed angelic tot carried a candle. He noticed that one child's candle was not lighted. Then he saw that the child with the dark candle was his own little girl. Rushing to her, while the pageant faltered, he seized her in his arms, caressed her tenderly, and then asked: "How is it, darling that your candle alone is unlighted? "Father, they often relight it, but your tears always put it out."
Just then he awoke from his dream. The lesson was crystal clear, and its effects were immediate. From that hour on he was not a recluse, but mingled freely and cheerfully with his former friends and associates. No longer would his little darling's candle be extinguished by his useless tears.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Master
MystiqueEnigma, in spite of the moral, I find myself crying...

Old 07-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Knower
that story was the human side of me.. the other side would advise you to wake up and stop wallowing in self pity. It is not you who is dead there are a dozen others around you who need you more.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Knower
There is this ... Cure for Sorrow
Cure for Sorrow
There is an old Chinese tale about a woman whose only son died. In her grief, she went to the holy man and said, "What prayers, what magical incantations do you have to bring my son back to life?"
Instead of sending her away or reasoning with her, he said to her, "Fetch me a mustard seed from a home that has never known sorrow. We will use it to drive the sorrow out of your life." The woman went off at once in search of that magical mustard seed.
She came first to a splendid mansion, knocked at the door, and said, "I am looking for a home that has never known sorrow. Is this such a place? It is very important to me."
They told her, "You've certainly come to the wrong place," and began to describe all the tragic things that recently had befallen them.
The woman said to herself, "Who is better able to help these poor, unfortunate people that I, who have had misfortune of my own?" She stayed to comfort them, then went on in search of a home that had never known sorrow. But wherever she turned, in hovels and in other places, she found one tale after another of sadness and misfortune. She became so involved in ministering to other people's grief that ultimately she forgot about her quest for the magical mustard seed, never realizing that it had, in fact, driven the sorrow out of her life.