Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-03-2019, 04:52 AM
Master

Is the opportunity a carrot that does dangle ...
Or survival as of Maslow’s triangle?

Old 24-03-2019, 08:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
John

The feelings increase i.e. non excitement but I need a job - bills/reputation etc

Any thoughts?

JL

Hello JL,

Your best insights and answers are always within you. How to bring them to the surface is often the question.

One technique which works for many of us is to set the intent to dream about that next job. Then when you wake up the next day, trust in your inclinations. Some times they could be clear insights for a plan of action. Some times not. However the energy you need to establish is confidence in self.

Once the confidence is present, you will be able to think more calmly and clearly. Then you will know what to do to get this next job.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 24-03-2019, 01:58 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Thanks GS!
As always JL, you're very welcome.

Quote:
And one of the best contexts to do that is in a job where you can bring home the bacon, both in terms of financial security and Spiritually helping people.
Quote:
That is my dream - haha
It's realising that the two are not mutually exclusive, because in a sales job I'd think there's plenty of opportunity to network and meet people. Betcha there are loads of Spiritual people in sales jobs that help others Spiritually.
Quote:
What is it you're looking for? How do you scratch that unscratchable itch that just won't stop nagging away at you?
Quote:

Not only that - it's the only sane part of life almost [to me]
I'd hazard a wild guess and say that the chances are this isn't your first reincarnation, so your Soul is masochistic?
Quote:
If you want to help people Spiritually, what does that mean to you personally?
Quote:
Helping them become free - from ego (I know you don't like the word); transcendence, beauty, love, life

Thanks for your comments and sharings,

JL
I don't have a problem with the word 'ego' if used correctly. I worked in mental health for a few years and believe me when I tell you that freedom from your ego is not what you want, and the irony is that if you did have it you wouldn't have the faculties to know that it wasn't a way to experience your existence. I also know that you have a thing about transcending ego but what those ancient masters don't tell you is that the ones that have successfully achieved an ego-less state have had to be spoon fed. And likely their nappies changed. The grass is certainly not greener. If you're really going to understand this, check out Maya and Samadhi because I think Maya is what is meant by ego.

One of the things I would like people to be free of are the Spiritual equivalents of urban myths as truths or Universal Laws.

Given a magic wand I'd want much the same list as you, but then those have to come though people's choices and they're not things that can be taught, they can only be found by the individual that you've led. And I also strongly believe that if you haven't found them within yourself you can't teach or lead others to them.

Did you know you're 'infectious'? When you have transcendence, beauty, Love and Life you radiate them out.
Old 25-03-2019, 05:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I don't have a problem with the word 'ego' if used correctly. I worked in mental health for a few years and believe me when I tell you that freedom from your ego is not what you want, and the irony is that if you did have it you wouldn't have the faculties to know that it wasn't a way to experience your existence. I also know that you have a thing about transcending ego but what those ancient masters don't tell you is that the ones that have successfully achieved an ego-less state have had to be spoon fed. And likely their nappies changed. The grass is certainly not greener. If you're really going to understand this, check out Maya and Samadhi because I think Maya is what is meant by ego.

It depends what you mean by the correct use of the word ego. You have your definition, other people may have different definitions.

Regarding the ancient ego-less masters needing to be spoon-fed, etc, perhaps we have to go a little deeper. Yes, there are examples of those who are (or were) so intoxicated with spiritual bliss that they are oblivious to the needs of the physical body.

There are also those who have transcended all identification with the physical body and personality but continue to use the body and function perfectly effectively through the body. It is this lack of identification with the physical body/personality which is the freedom from ego. It is not a helpless state, and it is not to be confused with the condition of some of the unfortunate people in the mental health system.

Or to put it another way, I get in my car and use it to travel from A to B, but I never consider that I am the car. So it is with the physical body/personality.

Peace.
Old 25-03-2019, 08:29 AM
Greenslade

Last edited by Greenslade : 25-03-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old 25-03-2019, 11:19 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello JL,

Your best insights and answers are always within you. How to bring them to the surface is often the question.

One technique which works for many of us is to set the intent to dream about that next job. Then when you wake up the next day, trust in your inclinations. Some times they could be clear insights for a plan of action. Some times not. However the energy you need to establish is confidence in self.

Once the confidence is present, you will be able to think more calmly and clearly. Then you will know what to do to get this next job.

John

Thank you, very kindly. I think you have identified this correctly.

Namaste,

JL
Old 25-03-2019, 11:23 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
As always JL, you're very welcome.

Namaste

I'd hazard a wild guess and say that the chances are this isn't your first reincarnation, so your Soul is masochistic?

No, I don't think so

Greenslade, my beliefs are not based on beliefs - they are based on experiences. Many deep spiritual experiences I, like so many on this forum, have had. This affirms the truth of the Ancients and Masters, I believe not because I believe, but because I know.

I think we are using the concept of ego differently. In the realized, the ego is the instrument of Peace. This is my belief and experience.

One of the things I would like people to be free of are the Spiritual equivalents of urban myths as truths or Universal Laws.

Fair enough

Given a magic wand I'd want much the same list as you, but then those have to come though people's choices and they're not things that can be taught, they can only be found by the individual that you've led. And I also strongly believe that if you haven't found them within yourself you can't teach or lead others to them.

Agree

Did you know you're 'infectious'? When you have transcendence, beauty, Love and Life you radiate them out.

Yes

Take care

JL
Old 25-03-2019, 11:31 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Is the opportunity a carrot that does dangle ...
Or survival as of Maslow’s triangle?

? ..........
Old 26-03-2019, 02:46 AM
Master
Quote:
? ..........

Meaning thereby that if you are happy doing what you are doing ...

But need the new job you feel your heart is not in, to meet basic ends meet

Then where is the choice is one question but then why are you still happy with less is the counter argument ...

And if you have enough for your needs but seek more for raising living standards at the cost of compromising, narrowing your sense of being ... then it is a bottomless abyss

And then again, since we are not hermits marooned on an island, we must within limits of reason look into judicious needs of the family dependent upon us ...

Then also see, this new job ... not permanency ... make money, gather and store the nuts for security. It is an unending desire however you may end up fanning unless there is an innate ability to walk away from any emerging contraction in the blink of any eye. In most cases however, the whirlpool sucks us in.

The answer as always, lies within.

Old 26-03-2019, 03:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes my issue is the alternative in bringing home the metaphorical chest of gold..

Namaste

JL
Working with principles of 'right livelihood' could be a way forward on this one.