Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > EFT

Old 13-08-2011, 07:22 PM
jjj

How exciting! I'm looking forward to reading more. I've been using some EFT and some Tai Chi stuff and still really intrigued. I know I feel better after using it but still struggling (especially with some weight stuff). I am very optimistic though. Lots of stuff to clear out, I suppose.
Old 14-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMamma
Bumping!

Would really like to read more EXPERIENCES WITH EFT!

Anyone? ♥
I would EarthMamma.

And Spirit72, that's amazing! Would love to hear more.
Old 16-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Master
Hi, Sarian and JJJ...

Just bumpity bumping! :P
Old 21-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Master
it's always so exciting to read about people having success with this.. I too think that it will change the world.

I just discovered it a year or two ago though.. I was reading these 2 books and that's when I realized what a blockade my physical health was.. I never finished either book but I recently ordered my favorite one (called Instant Emotional Healing, it has an independent spin on eft called esm, standing for emotional self management) and am over 2/3rds done with it..
well, I can't expound much more because I've not really been doing it, but I am in the process.. it's going to be absolutely insane to me if it cures me of all my maladies though.. or even the main couple. I do have a great deal of faith in it.. but this stuff has consumed me so it's hard to fathom
Old 21-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Tuatha

I realise this is a somewhat old discussion but I do have some experiences to add to it. I've had 2 EFT sessions with a therapist and we tapped on various highly traumatic memories of mine and to my joy , they have become completely irrelevent to me emotionally . By this I mean there is no trauma there anymore when I try recall them ,they are evasive and dont feel very significant anymore.This suits me fine and Im really happy about not having the unwelcome thoughts disturbing me at random times .
I also have been using the Tapping sequence he showed me for Agoraphobia and panic and have found gradual success. Its working quite slowly as it takes time to "practice" facing fearful situations. I hope to have much more success with it the more I get used to it.
Old 18-05-2012, 04:45 PM
LadyLilac

I know its been a little while since this thread had any replies but I thought I'd share my first EFT Tapping experience with results.
I have some medical issues that have caused some problems with my teeth and it makes me very shy, self conscience and embarrassed. Last night I did my second tapping and when I finished anytime I thought about my teeth my thoughts or innerself told me that "its okay" and I seriously wouldn't worry about it. Anytime it starts to pop into my head the "its okay" interrupts it. I already feel so much weight lifted off me and happiness by this working.

I have a lot of anxiety and other issues that I can't wait to get to work on.
Oh and I also thought I'd share that I have the book EFT for the Highly Sensitive Temperament and its really great so far.
Old 22-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Moon on Water

I've experienced the wonders of EFT with my back ache, but although the pain dissolved, it did come back. So I'd do it again and again whenever I had a backache. The painfree intervals between backaches did lengthen, though. But I know it didn't work to dissolve childhood trauma. In fact, I hired a professional via telephone to help me with it. I suppose it takes a longer time to get rid of something so deep rooted.
Old 23-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon on Water
I suppose it takes a longer time to get rid of something so deep rooted.
There's no such thing as deep-rooted when it comes to advanced techniques like EFT.

A much bigger factor 'slowing down' treatment is the number of fixations -- typically social anxiety will have many more than something like a phobia.

Of course, you need to be able to identify the fixations in the first place.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:41 AM
Master
I think the reason, as highlighted in the last couple posts, eft sometimes doesn't seem to work is because yes some issues are a lot more complex than others.. it's like a web we've created, and hmm webs have surprising strength, so just removing one string does not destroy the whole web
(I hate spiders hehe.. I have tried tapping about them but still am scared)
but often times when we are tapping and an issue does get some resolution something new pops into our conscience to be addressed.. and eventually with enough effort and introspection we can unravel the thread/web... but just think how many threads could be involved in your web.. man though, when you finally get down to those last few final threads and it's a web no more what an incomprehensible gift that is..
Old 02-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Aquarian

Good metaphor. My job as a therapist has often involved finding a weak point in that web.