Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-10-2017, 04:59 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Yes, it is a Mis-use of Power. There is karma attached to making people do something against their will and using your power over them. It doesn't matter whether love is the focus or not.
Over the eons many have learned to use their Will Power to make others love them - much dark magic is full of Love Spells in fact as it's one of the most commonly sought after solutions, there is a whole annual over many eons of history from all walks of life and countries where one can through various means usurp another's will power and replace that with their own. Using any power to usurp another's natural will is not a karmic road you want to go down.

Maaaaaybe. But I dont see it that way. I mean we all intend to be loved right? We actually will ourselves to be loved. Love is two ways. It happens from both people. Both intend to be loved. Making a command for someone to love you it merely an intent to be loved that is focused. I dont see the difference or why you think it is wrong?
Old 21-10-2017, 05:08 PM
Master
That's fine, intellectualize it and justify it as you wish - it's all Learning and you have all of Eternity to learn all side of the coin.

Your original question was "Is making someone love you wrong?"
I answered that. "Making" has consequences. You can learn that first hand if you wish, no one will stop you from taking the hard route. It is a viable option after all.
Old 21-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerubiel
Is making someone love you wrong? I mean we all intend to be loved right? We all intend to be wanted. I can command love and make women fall in love with me. Make them want me. I can say it like a jedi knight. YOU WILL LOVE ME! I mean a command is merely will power focused. Is there something wrong with willing/intending love?

Imho, the focus should be on being lovable rather than compelling others to love oneself.

As Emerson said, " If you want a friend, be one. "

Love under the force of compulsion is not love, but a businesslike attachment. It is a conditional love that can easily become hatred as well.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 21-10-2017, 06:04 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Imho, the focus should be on being lovable rather than compelling others to love oneself.

As Emerson said, " If you want a friend, be one. "

Love under the force of compulsion is not love, but a businesslike attachment. It is a conditional love that can easily become hatred as well.

You really must understand intent. If you intend love to be business like then it will be so. If you intend it to be hatred then so it is. I intend, I will, love to be pure and healthy, and amazing. I intend it to be wondrous and satisfying for both. I dont intend anything negative in the mix.
Old 21-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Master
Quote:
You really must understand intent. If you intend love to be business like then it will be so. If you intend it to be hatred then so it is. I intend, I will, love to be pure and healthy, and amazing. I intend it to be wondrous and satisfying for both. I dont intend anything negative in the mix.
Sorry to say, but how can it be pure and healthy and amazing when there is no such thing as love in forcing someone to be with you? Forcing someone to love you -purely hypothetical as it isn't possible btw- isn't love, it would be an illusion. Would you want an illusion or someone who'd really love you for you, willingly and from the heart?
The fact that you have been manipulated by people in life is no excuse to now in turn try to manipulate others, especially not someone who you want to be your partner.
You say you want it because it's delicious, tasty etc. etc. Would it still feel that way to you if it was fake?

And like someone else said, it's not about wanting to be loved, it's about being love. If you want a partner, be a partner. If you want love, be love.
Because when you cannot be love, you sure as heck won't be able to receive it. Which renders your plan useless...
Old 21-10-2017, 06:24 PM
Master

Quote:

I would say it is healthy to say I intend to be a good friend and loving human being to all. If I attract friends and love in this way it would be a natural consequence of a loving attitude, without any form of compulsion which destroys love.

And to be a good friend and loving human being, you must learn to respect and love yourself first deeply , giving yourself the necessary space and time for that, and enjoying your own uniqueness and qualities.

It is usually the self-respecting man or woman who are comfortable with themselves, who can love and attract respect and love themselves.

So pour love and affection on yourself first, and all the rest will follow on their own.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 21-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Guide
Everything is willed into existence, intended to be so.. When we say "I love people who are like this and that" we are actually shaping our love and intending its forms. Knowledge of the heart can actually control love.
Old 21-10-2017, 06:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Is making someone love you wrong? I mean we all intend to be loved right? We all intend to be wanted. I can command love and make women fall in love with me. Make them want me. I can say it like a jedi knight. YOU WILL LOVE ME! I mean a command is merely will power focused. Is there something wrong with willing/intending love?

Hi Kerubiel,

Nothing "wrong" with intending love.
Being open to accepting and giving love can be very healthy in my view.

The question that comes to mind is; Is it a physical thing or a deeper heartfelt thing?

Meaning, is what being termed "love" a desire to have a physical relationship or a deeper personal relationship?

To say, one is able to will another, to me, implies an undercurrent to have control.
Can you control how another may feel about you?
Is such focus intending love to flow freely or is it intending controlling how the "love" is thought or desired to be?

A deep relationship takes time and patience to develop. It's a two way street.

If your intentions are pure, then open yourself up to allowing the love to flow and give it time to grow for both in the relationship. Is the advice I'll leave.
Old 21-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi Kerubiel,

Nothing "wrong" with intending love.
Being open to accepting and giving love can be very healthy in my view.

The question that comes to mind is; Is it a physical thing or a deeper heartfelt thing?

Meaning, is what being termed "love" a desire to have a physical relationship or a deeper personal relationship?

To say, one is able to will another, to me, implies an undercurrent to have control.
Can you control how another may feel about you?
Is such focus intending love to flow freely or is it intending controlling how the "love" is thought or desired to be?

A deep relationship takes time and patience to develop. It's a two way street.

If your intentions are pure, then open yourself up to allowing the love to flow and give it time to grow for both in the relationship. Is the advice I'll leave.

That's good advice. Letting love flow and letting it form and be natural. I want this.

I do have a control issue. I seek to speed up love and create it with my body. I dont seek mere physical interactions but something deeper and magical. I want the real deal.

We all do control love everyday. When we say "I love people who are such and such". Or "Love is this and that". Its the knowldge we have of love that generates that love from our bodies. I just have discovered a way to control the formations of that love. I can create it in another's body. The feelings of love.
Old 21-10-2017, 06:57 PM
Master
Quote:
That's good advice. Letting love flow and letting it form and be natural. I want this.

I do have a control issue. I seek to speed up love and create it with my body. I dont seek mere physical interactions but something deeper and magical. I want the real deal.

We all do control love everyday. When we say "I love people who are such and such". Or "Love is this and that". Its the knowldge we have of love that generates that love from our bodies. I just have discovered a way to control the formations of that love. I can create it in another's body. The feelings of love.

Some things take time to develop.

There may be a feeling of affection another may feel because he/she likes being around you. There may even be a feeling of care and concern for your well being.

So, you say you can create it in another's body, what do you mean in what manner? It may be what you are putting out, you get back. Meaning, if you show caring and love, then others may return these to you.

But, is this just you creating this exchange, on a deeper energetic level or the other as well?

To me, it's a two way street and there is a level of trust and respect involved in the mix. So, how much is being "willed" and how much is allowing it to flow?

Yes, I may will it to happen and be loved, but with this come the responsibility on both part to uphold the trust and respect that gets developed. Which for me, takes time and letting the other be as she/he is being in their own way.

Yes, we can make choices in regards to what attracts us and does not. We can decide to love or not, for the most part.

The point I see is once that decision is made, then is one willing to commit to it and give the necessatry time and patience to let it grow into a relationship.

I don't find it unusual to want to be loved, but sometimes it can happen when one is not looking and from one that is not expected. Be open in your heart.

I understand the desire and really can not speak as to when or how it may happen for you. Just given time and willingness of each, it is possible, IMO

Wish you well.