Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 30-07-2018, 05:13 PM
Seeker

Practical advise for a beginner?

Hi guys, I've had a handful of dreams in the past where I was lucid. It was an amazing experience. It really felt like my 'awareness' was increasing to be able to do so while asleep.

Unfortunately this only happens very rarely.

I'd love to learn how to astral project. Do you have to be asleep in order to do that? I've heard that you have to imagine the room you're in, and then change the camera angle... or something?

I have no drugs and I'm not a very good meditator. Can I still do it? I prefer the dream world to the 'real world' and would love to visit it more.

Thanks!
Old 31-07-2018, 01:50 AM
Knower
Hello there

Quote:
Hi guys, I've had a handful of dreams in the past where I was lucid.

This is good, you had lucid dreams before, and I suppose, you are lucid, when you are waking up from unknown triggers in the dream that becomes a lucid dream, I guess?
yes? Ok. Maybe I can Shed some light upon your questions then :)

Quote:
I'd love to learn how to astral project. Do you have to be asleep in order to do that?

Yes. Unless you think about astral projection as a way-- to peek into other layers of existence? Then I will tell you, NO. I can see things behind my eyelids, since I can daydream(aka. seeing inner worlds). It will not feel like a real lucid dream or astral body you're in, where you will need to have fully loaded your consciousness into. I just see with my inner eyes-- Movie clips, you could say, when I meditate.

Flow with the river. See, but not see.
- I call it daydreaming(A Dreamgate behind my eyelids, seeing colors, where I am allowed to enter my inner worlds, easily)

Quote:
I have no drugs and I'm not a very good meditator. Can I still do it? I prefer the dream world to the 'real world' and would love to visit it more.

Well drugs wont be doing any good to you- I do not recommend it! *also being Out Of Control, you wont feel, you are in control on drugs. It can effect your mindset badly, in trying to learn this. Limitation by fears(). But yeah do yourself a favor, and keep yourself away for that, if you want to master this. Drugs are not the answer to master these techniques naturally.. Remember you will need a good mental health too.
Fear of the Unknown you have to overcome also* Fear Kills Spirituality or they say. You know?
Begin to learn to be better at meditation. You dont have to sit hours with the OOOMMM sound-- Instead try to learn meditation for about 10-20min in time length, breaching techniques to calm ya muscles and nerves... will help you in many ways - Who are in ControL? You may want to take that control back, a Mind needs discipline - dont give it too much power, if you want to stay in control. Clean up thought patterns that has taken roots, think about it as poison, if it keeps you away from doing stuff-everything starts when you look within- Too bad we' arent taught to meditate from a early age... :)

Quote:

Yeah. It will be like that for most people. If you have no reason too lucid dream at first anymore, get a desire to let it come back at ya. In my past. I always had a question ready, when I became Lucid. This helped to improve my chance to get lucid in dreams at least 2-3 times a week to almost each night to come! (but the downside is, I was triggered to be lucid by unknown triggers, you have to find those out yourself -- with help from a dream journal).

A mindset needs instruction, by our thoughts and actions, this energy will manifest to help you get lucid dreams/astral projection faster, even when you at least expects it. So trust me in this, It is not your fault. I've been there too, once in the past .. but I learned, a method where I learned to start to have lucid dreams almost daily-- combined with sleep paralyses, as a short cut to enter the astral plane(*), but Never mind that for now, if you are a beginner in all this

About Astral Projection or Lucid Dreams
If you have a desire to learn it. You can try to find inspiration out there.
But lets be real here, the best method is to make your own methods!(do your own thing that feels right to you). It doesnt matter how you will be doing it, how many times you will end up in failures, just as long you do what your intuition tells you too, even if it seems stupid haha.

Why? Because most people cant easily be told their secrets,as a fast solution to your questions in how to do it, with a method/technique they do themselves, and share it with ya-- so in order you can try it out yourself with good results. - remember people who have done it their whole life time. There is a lot more to it - Experiences (insights, you need to learn by), and yet. Lets say crafting the "KEY ELEMENTS" for you to success, to unlock the ability!

It is not your fault, but You have to learn it yourself- to learn about your inner workings of self(setups)- Use your Thoughts and Actions each day, to manifest it in your life. Build it up as a routine for better results. It might seem to be: """meh""", but I think this is the best way to obtain & archive these experiences. You will be surprised, when one puts enough afford into it, each day, even without results at first...
But soon, over time.. You will see, what I talk about...

((suddenly I am waking up in dreams more recently now with a reason and with a desire to really want too)).

*want to know a secret with random waking up;lucid dreaming?
I always have a sentence popping up each time, when I am becoming lucid: "Ohh this is a dream. I am dreaming". So I use this sentence with an added question to it. So when I am lucid again it will be triggered by my unconscious mind to remember it.

"Ohh this is a dream. I am dreaming" + "Question: How do I find my higher self?"

In the past, long ago. I do remember this and told myself this sentence each night, over and over, and somehow- I am lucid dreaming more recently than times I am not doing it.(WHY? how so?*)
I believe, when we have questions prepared in us over time- and with good reason, our mind expecting results at same time for it, maybe you will see & reveal it yourself-- I am sure, it will help one, if you like to make it a mind-game. Our Minds, if we expect a situation to be like that, it will most likely happen like that. There are some rules in this universe(*)
The universal mind or higher self will help us to get this guidance to be answered- (since we want to expect that, law of attraction etc(*).. it may take a few days.
But by not doing this alone, then I wouldn't have learned my own truth --about what I just found out-- Use Lucid dreams, as a way to contact my higher-self? whaat? haha this helped me to focus on the real stuff, instead of asking all the useless questions. I was doing at that time. So ignorant I was. But all good, I did correct my own faults, wake up to new truths of my own self. I didnt see before.
I asked those loaded questions in my dreams that cant be easily told in a short sentence lol.. Damn you modern world, with all your short conclusions on subjects/answers.
When I began to explore this alone- I began to learn about myself. Questions people wouldnt be able to answer and enlighten themselves with. Oh boy Oh boy! I miss those times, indeed.. hehe.

In my typical unknown triggered- becoming lucid in a dream.
At first, I just woke up around my surroundings. Knowing it is a dream. I always have my question ready, thankful for my subconscious mind - helping me remembering*
I told, the first person I met: "Where do I find my higher-self?".. He looked at me.. almost with a disappointing look with the heavy breath: "sigh pfff" this look on his face,after being silent for 1-3sec, this person told me, in a very calm voice: "At first you have to learn to Love Yourself. And if you can do that, then everything will add up, step after step"... I woke up.. And I felt so enlighten by that lol..

The Words reached my heart. I knew this was a personal truth revealed to me. I know from that time. I asked a lot of questions foolishly. I lacked so much. Not knowing what It did require at first to be able to connect to this part of my selfs. Anyway. It worked out. Call it luck or be loved.
But hey! it is not my fault, not knowing any better.. Since at that time, I used lucid dreams, as a tool, in my own personal growth and development(exploring it and too see myself, if there is more to it, than people tells you online).

Oh snap, meh, I've just realized. I think it wont help you so much friend, since I only wanted to inspire you- to do your own thing.
I will stop my own blabbering here. Anyway, I hope you will find your answers in time.. You will!
into the unknown. I go..

-One Love

Last edited by IChill : 31-07-2018 at 02:55 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:24 PM
Knower

I would say you do not have to be asleep.

I once projected out of my body spontaneously. I had the most soul-crushing headache of my life. I was laying, in excruciating pain, with my eyes closed, just trying to have no thought, just trying to breathe through the pain. Suddenly, the pain was completely gone. I was so surprised, I opened my eyes. I saw my ethereal body floating overtop my real body. Again, I was shocked and that ruined it and slam! I went back into my body and my headache returned full force.

My musings since then have made me think that the pain completely negated any resistance I had of mind and the extreme focus that I had, to have no pain, plus the no resistance, led to the one option that I could accomplish instantaneously.

Perhaps that is the key, work on exercises to release the resistence in your mind and when you do determine your method of focus, you will have more success?
Old 02-08-2018, 02:42 PM
Oh my, will I ever be reading this thread, thank you for starting it. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Oh my, will I ever be reading this thread, thank you for starting it. :)
No problem, thank you guys for the responses!
Old 28-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

keep posting your results, its fun to read your progress!
Old 29-08-2018, 11:54 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Hi guys, I've had a handful of dreams in the past where I was lucid. It was an amazing experience. It really felt like my 'awareness' was increasing to be able to do so while asleep.

I'd love to learn how to astral project. Do you have to be asleep in order to do that? I've heard that you have to imagine the room you're in, and then change the camera angle... or something?

Thanks!

One thing to remember; stay out of other people's heads if you are unbidden. It might sound absurd, but I'm deadly serious. One's own mind is just as sacrosanct as their body.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:18 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by leader_of_ten
One thing to remember; stay out of other people's heads if you are unbidden. It might sound absurd, but I'm deadly serious. One's own mind is just as sacrosanct as their body.

Well said. Truth spoken!