Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Newbie ;)

When I was successful in an online game, people were hostile towards me. I felt really bad, like someone was sending negative energy. I was also accused of using cheats; that I spent money to gain advantage. Instead of relaxing, I get tense. Now I play rarely, happily that I'm not in top 10 on ranking list.
Maybe it's because of mentality of polish people? I think that more developed nations are more open, tolerant and friendly.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey
Would we still be spiritual if we want to be someone successful in this world? It's a worldly desire. But what if there's someone who wants to be as successful as, for example, a famous musician or artist... is it wrong to work hard for that goal? I feel really conflicted these days regarding my own aspirations, wondering if I am falling into a trap.

It's not wrong to be successful. It's actually wrong to not be successful at all.

If you never reach worldly success (have a good job, provide for a family, pay taxes, support society and community, give to charity, etc) then you will never be able to help other people. Not in any meaningful way at least. best you could do is give advice, but who would want it! people want to listen to sucessful people, not people who have never tasted success.

I was watching a video yesterday about business management, (it was done by a very greedy man so we have to be careful with lessons we learn from it), but he basically was like "how you gonna save the environment, feed the kids in africa, or do anything else of merit if you don't earn a little coin first".

and he was right. Without money, we can never do the maximum amount of good that we can do for the world. Even people who run a charity are working with money. Everybody deals with money. Sadhguru, Jesus, Buddha, they all dealt with money. Granted, they do it in a different way than most, but without success or money their cause would never have become what it is today.

bottom line. you need to be successful.
Old 17-08-2018, 12:22 AM
Suspended
No it's not wrong to be successful, sometimes with spirituality people think they need to be poor monks or that money is evil but to become successful money wise you need to be serving others in some way anyway, but instead of only giving there is the law of exchange, the more you server others (put in work, provide something that cAn benefit others) the more succesful you will be with money, money's energy a current.. currency.

I understand some people make money off doing things that don't benefit the plant or people. But if we do this consciously then it'll be fine.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:56 PM
Burntfruit

For me spiritual success is not the same as material success.

Spritual success is overcoming adversity, practicing compassion, helping those who are weaker than us.