Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-03-2018, 08:45 PM
Suspended
I want to be someone else. Is it possible?

I basically feel trappe here in this existence, yet i am fully aware that life could be so much more. I really want to change who i am on some level. Im not sure what level though that would bring netter results. Perception? Soul level?

Its stressful. Im not boasting but im a pretty attractive person, with a heart that only tries to love and see the best in people. Ive been hurt and betrayed countless times. This is what im wanting to change... Im just not sure how to do that so im seeking help from some of yall spiritual people. :)

I apreciate any advice about changing these conditions.

Will try my best to reply
Old 11-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Deactivated Account
If you're already a modest person with no ill intentions then I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it since the problem lies not with you but with other people. Just remain yourself and wait for you to attract the right ones, and it would be best if you wouldn't bother wasting any time on those who are unworthy.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
If you're already a modest person with no ill intentions then I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it since the problem lies not with you but with other people. Just remain yourself and wait for you to attract the right ones, and it would be best if you wouldn't bother wasting any time on those who are unworthy.
Thanks. Will definitely take that advice.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:06 PM
Ascender
Are you saying that you are trying to attract positive people into your life? Perhaps you could let it be known to the Universe that you are open to receiving positive and loving people into your life.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:14 PM
Master

Never settle for less than you know you are worth! And you are always worth more than you can imagine To your question. Yes it is possible. Yet I have feeling that it is more a question of allowing yourself to be more you, than actually wanting to be someone else. You can always PM me if you want to explore.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:32 PM
Experiencer
You are sitting on top of who you are; it is closer than intimacy. We often think we need to find this special something, but the truth is, it's nowhere to be found, the veil needs removing.

And even if you wanted to be somebody else, that somebody would find imperfections. Healing the hurt and betrayal on a deep level, properly, will help you see who you are. It's there, it is just clouded by inner resistance and wounds.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:32 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBelle
Are you saying that you are trying to attract positive people into your life? Perhaps you could let it be known to the Universe that you are open to receiving positive and loving people into your life.
Yes i think thats what im saying, since ive been hurt a lot, it makes sense to me that maybe its about attracting positive and lovign people. Thank you. Ill try working with intentions to the universe
Old 11-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
You are sitting on top of who you are; it is closer than intimacy. We often think we need to find this special something, but the truth is, it's nowhere to be found, the veil needs removing.

And even if you wanted to be somebody else, that somebody would find imperfections. Healing the hurt and betrayal on a deep level, properly, will help you see who you are. It's there, it is just clouded by inner resistance and wounds.
I beleieve youre right. I feel wounded. But...my issue is its not one specific person that i need to work on forgiving. Its many, and even groups of people. It feels overwhelming, i dont know where to start.

Being alone is good and enjoyable, sometimes i would be lying if i said i didnt want an other to journey through life with thougn.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
I basically feel trappe here in this existence, yet i am fully aware that life could be so much more. I really want to change who i am on some level. Im not sure what level though that would bring netter results. Perception? Soul level?

Its stressful. Im not boasting but im a pretty attractive person, with a heart that only tries to love and see the best in people. Ive been hurt and betrayed countless times. This is what im wanting to change... Im just not sure how to do that so im seeking help from some of yall spiritual people. :)

I apreciate any advice about changing these conditions.

Will try my best to reply

the title cought my attention.

Perception maybe. Soul level change would come under soul alchemy. And it's a process of the soul element from a bronze to gold. A soul of gold!

What got me about your post, is where you sway off to start mentioning your appearance. And being hurt and betrayed.

I don't want to psycho-analyize. But I know you. We've known of each other over a length of time. Maybe different guises (you are trying different skirts on to see if one will make life better) but under the guise, you're that same soul I met many moons ago. Here.

I've always noticed it and it's obv still there. You are having a very difficult time with self acceptance. Often, and i believe it's part of the maturation process, because many, are stuck in this mental trap. That how they appear on the outside to appease others is where and how they collect their self worth which forms their acceptance of self. In a nut shell...unless the world at large accepts you, then you will never accept yourself. It all hinges on others.
"If i am pretty, they will accept me socially and even treat me well, I may even be adored due to my looks and this will feed my ego and sense of self'

but why do i get betrayed? my looks should be enough to sustain peoples treatment of me to be loyal, loving and true!

if we base our sense of self on our outside for peoples approval. Then what happens if you have a major accident? you loose looks, a limb or two, even brain coma? What happens when you age and it all sags? What happens if you got badly burnt all over your face and it's now leather looking and scarred?
Our looks, our brain, our flesh can all change dramatically in an instance. And if that's all your entire existence of self worth holds on to. then Im willing to bet 'life' would be over and its rope to hang the self with time.

that will not do. That is not acceptable. If you cant see that you are more than just your face and outer apperance, then how can and will anyone else see you>

how does it feel? To think someone is with you because they 'like' you but in reality, they are with you only because you are pretty? Only for your face, you may bore them to death with your interests, but no worries, they're only there to look at pretty. not hear what pretty has to say. And wait, oh wait....another pretty just walked by and omg she is even prettier.....ah byeeeeeee!!

You have to dive in deep and look at what makes you YOU and marks your different from all the other 'pretty' faces out there.
Why should anyone spend more than one hour with you if it's not just to admire your pretty head?
Can you list why?

what traits, character mannerisms and interests, and behaviours do you display that you adore in yourself? What makes you so interesting that someone would want to know past the face?
Give yourself the time and love to honor the 'unseen' aspects. once you got them noted and then rise them to shine, your pretty face will glow a much more attractive shine. And your energy will entice those that are aware there is something more within you to get to know.

drop the illusions. Pretty on the surface is never forever. Beautiful on the inside is forever.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:26 AM
Experiencer

Hi. I was also struck by you mentioning how attractive you are. Why did you mention it as a part of this whole issue? People don't talk about the complex relationship some women have with their appearances, especially if they are considered to be maybe a bit above average in looks by society. At some point you do get to realise that you are considered attractive because people mostly tell you, as a compliment and supposedly some kind of a useful tool, but it actually really isn't. There's a complex web there of unacknowledged hidden entitlements and expectations that can turn quite painful if they are not fulfilled.