Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-02-2015, 02:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
Or we could just choose not to suffer. Personally I like that better.

I would say the majority of humans that have suffered, it had absolutely nothing to do with their choice.
Old 19-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Master
I certainly don't like suffering, but God sees something in it that is vital to our development.

We can only trust that if he has done this in a certain way, it could not have been a better way.
Old 23-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Master
Often in this world, when one country attacks another, their intention is to take something, rarely to give something. Bring the pain to take.

In my view, God is bringing the pain to give the greatest gift humanity has ever been given!
Old 23-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Guide

Hi, Mickiel. Good of you to be asking these basic truth questions.

To understand the relationship between God and human suffering, it helps to frame it by what is the true nature of God. I mean truth as you observe and have experienced truth of existence as it is. Theology/books can be made up (and still have truth to them even if they never happened, but a different sort of truth that may be harder to discern and pick out).

my own thought is that humans live in linear time, but God is all-time at once. God would not weight the future against the present, because it's all the same to such a God, but to any degree God is our maker than God evidently maybe had a hand in our experiencing life as hind-sight reflective, foresight half blind linear time.

Life and suffering in general: Consisder the first evolution of life. Chemicals strung into genes inside of bubbly cells, not much different than blowing bubbles and delighting in their brief wafting before they burst. Then bubbles eating other bubbles. Then bubbles evolving a nervous system, evolving survival compettion struggle, evolving a higher brain function and then, finally, in us humans and also perhaps other animals, evolving inquisitive consciousness that seeks God and frets for the future and asks "why?!"

Early man/god relations did not cast god(s) as the loving sort. Often the opposite. but I will leave off there for now.
Old 24-02-2015, 12:03 AM
Deactivated Account
While we are not in tune with our inner being we will always suffer, God is within all, we are not separate from god. Living on the outside or the carnal self, we live by sweat of our brow, living from within we are free of the carnal self, and so again not suffering. To the awakened one what we call suffering is just seen as part of life, for the hills and the valleys are now one.
Old 24-02-2015, 12:12 AM
Master
Life indeed is truly amazing, no doubt about it, at any level of it we examine!