Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Tiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Master
Very true! From what I can gather, Arthur and Merlin are very real characters, although there is much to understand...
Their 'incarnations' (1500 years ago) must be everso different to what they are now spiritually (through their own development), but I do know they were very real, at that time, in the form they were in for that time.

I would like to think these two were real characters but I'm guessing they would have been significantly different then compared to how we know them now...their deeds and actions being exaggerated over the years...until they gained legendary status.

Quote:
The most interesting thing I find, is that King Arthur and his 'Knights' were real, who inspired other Knights to be so bold, who in turn probably came to inspire the Knights Templar of the Crusades?

I know people are trying to link the Templars in with the time of Christ, but all we can really do is match Knightly characteristics (and religious beliefs / standpoints) with another. Names and causes changed all the time?....
So it is quite likely there is a link somewhere between the Templars and the Arthurian Knights, thus linking the cause of Mary Magdalene, to why Arthur might have been involved in 'the search for the holy grail'.

Well I guess the one link they have is that they were both bands of knight setting out to do something good (or what they saw as good) I'm sure I read somewhere that Arthurs nights eneded up wearing white with red crosses on the front...mind you I could be imagining that...I never know what is real and what I have dreamed or imagined sometimes! heh! So apologies if I'm talking rubbish!!

Quote:
As per the 'factual' film that has been released, maybe Arthur was a part of Rome. Although maybe that was because the papal throne called on him to help keep the secret?
Which is eventually what he rebelled against, being a man of honour that he was, thus later forging an alliance with Merlin for the cause of religious truth and freedom in respect of the grail, plus the more pagan belief systems?

So which film was the factual film?

Quote:
Excellent stuff! Not slow at all!
I knew there were modern Knights Templar who wear the same white robes etc, but as per the ritualistic part, that's why I'm so interested. Rituals seem to provide some very real results, so the nature of these rituals is my interest. My old boss was a Freemason for example, and he was a good man who enjoyed the benefits of being a component of an influential group of gentleman, but then there's George Bush? lol

To be honest I don't think the modern knights would be able to get up to much...lol...the picture I saw of them showed a bunch of men who were all old. Mostly they looked to be in their 60's/70's & older (like most masons heh!)

And I have to agree...most masons are nice guys...I know that my step dad's lodge donates a huge amount of money to charity each year (as do most lodges) and surprisingly (as many seem to think it is a religious group) there are a mixture of people who are brothers....I mean there seem to be a wide variety of different people who worship many different religions who are members....and they do not give up their faiths when they become a mason. (does that make sense?)

Enough waffle...heh! I'm off....take care!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:53 PM
kundalini

I am not sure which film AM is referring to, is it the latest release of King Arthur, a couple of years back, was it?

I certainly know the most fascinating version of a King Arthur film I have ever watched was the 1980's released Excalibur ( which was of course the sword Arthur drew effortlessly from the stone, where all other men failed miserably ).
Old 08-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Mable

I have always been facinated in Arthur and moving to the South West has really brought this to the fore, have visited Glastonbury and want to go to Cadbury Hill which is the apparently a supposed site of Camalot. Would be good to go just toi feel the energy of the place!

I dont think there would ever really be a true representation of what Arthur and Merlin did as its all shrouded in so much mystery and each person who the tale went through probably added their own take on things anyway so nothing can ever be 100% or even 60% accurate

I read today that Arthur outlived Guinevere and was buried with his 2nd wife! and that where the grail is burried with that last drop of Jesus blood is where the chalice well springs from, now with the holy grail now considered to be the bloodline of christ seems to suggest that his child or decendant could be burried there and not a real chalice.

Its quite thought provoking really and detangling of the truth from ancient scripts etc will be a long but possibly interesting task lol

Mable
xx

Last edited by Mable : 08-08-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Tiy

I have to agree Mabel...it's all highly interesting stuff isn't it? There has to be some truth in the stories don't you think? The hard part is separating the fact from the legends! lol

And Glastonbury is great isn't it? Like you I really want to visit Cadbury castle too...just to see what feelings I get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
I am not sure which film AM is referring to, is it the latest release of King Arthur, a couple of years back, was it?

I certainly know the most fascinating version of a King Arthur film I have ever watched was the 1980's released Excalibur ( which was of course the sword Arthur drew effortlessly from the stone, where all other men failed miserably ).

The newest film was "King Arthur" wasn't it? The one with Keira Knightly in it?? I did like that one....was watchable.

I keep getting told to watch Excalibur...everyone who's mentioned it has said it is fantastic. I keep missing it when they show it on tv but I will track it down and give it a viewing one day!

Hugs x
Old 09-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Mable

It is great stuff and the more I look into it the more interesting it gets, have read a few books on it and one about Arthur being Welsh which does actually make sense with all the facts in front of you but still feels as though its around Glastonbury way.

Glastonbury is great and off up there next thursday again as a friend wants to meet up.

I should be off to Cadbury Hill this weekend so will let you know what I pick up. Seems to be too much of a coincidence that it could be camalot as it was significantly rebuilt into a proper fort around the time Arthur was alive
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiy
I have to agree Mabel...it's all highly interesting stuff isn't it? There has to be some truth in the stories don't you think? The hard part is separating the fact from the legends! lol

And Glastonbury is great isn't it? Like you I really want to visit Cadbury castle too...just to see what feelings I get there.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:13 AM
dreamer

I found some interesting information on the Holy Grail on www.plotinus.com which might open up a completely new avenue if your interested. It also links in with the Bridal chamber mentioned in the gnostic gospels, especially the gospel of Phillip. Hope this is useful.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Mable

Thanks Dreamer

Will have a read at lunch, I am always open to new avenues in things I am interested in lol

Mable
xx

Last edited by Mable : 09-08-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:11 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiy
The newest film was "King Arthur" wasn't it? The one with Keira Knightly in it?? I did like that one....was watchable.

I keep getting told to watch Excalibur...everyone who's mentioned it has said it is fantastic. I keep missing it when they show it on tv but I will track it down and give it a viewing one day!

Hugs x

I haven't seen the latest King Arthur film but Excalibur, despite it's age is definetely more than watchable. It shows some epic battles, jousting matches and magic! Also, the dialogue is fitting for the theme of the film. I've just remembered Liam Neeson also plays one of the Knights Of The Round Table, i think. Liam Neeson has starred in such films as 'The Phantom Menace' and more recently, 'Batman Begins'.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Tiy

Liam Neeson...ooohhh...he's nice! Ahem...I mean he's a darn fine actor

I am going to have to watch this film...definately...It sounds seriously watchable...I mean how can I say no to watching something with sword fights, battle, jousting and magic in it? lol
Old 10-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Mable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiy
Liam Neeson...ooohhh...he's nice! Ahem...I mean he's a darn fine actor

I am going to have to watch this film...definately...It sounds seriously watchable...I mean how can I say no to watching something with sword fights, battle, jousting and magic in it? lol

and liam neeson lololol

must admit nothing better than a mighty fine actor on a swashbuckling role lol will definately have to look out for that film as well
Closed Thread