Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-08-2012, 01:34 AM
wildflower57

Significance downfall

When I was a little girl I had a near death experience. I was crossing the street and got hit by a truck. Looking back on that day and thinking of the damages to my head makes me cringe.
The day it happened my mom was a work and my sister was watching me. She wasn't 18 so they wouldn't let her in the ambulence with me.
I had a fractured skull and spent 3 days in the hospital. Thank god there was no internal serious damage.
But ever since then I thought about death. I thought about how I could have died. I remember being in the ambulence falling asleep and they wouldn't let me. All I wanted to do was sleep.
I feel as if death is just an infinite sleep. I'm so scared that when I die, I go no where. I just don't exist anymore. This puts me in serious panic. It makes me doubt any form of spiritual existance...that we just create this and make ourselves percieve it. And that all of the things I've experienced thus far were just invented by my imagination due to my fear and rejection of not living on.
I don't know how to escape my mind today
Old 20-08-2012, 01:39 AM
tragblack

If death is nothing, then there is nothing to worry about. If there is an afterlife, then there is nothing to worry about.
Old 20-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Jade F^lcon

Dear the best approach I've been able to find about such things is indifference. U can neither confirm or dispprove spiritual existence. It is impossible the entirety of it is relative. My best advice is not to worry/obsess about it. It sounds like ur fear is almost consuming which is unhealthy to u and ur everyday living. Just live ur life. U cannot change that which may or may not be their. It is impossible, if u cannot change it then it is not worth the effort of panicing over. Just simply go with the flow and eventually whether it is tru or not u will figure this out. Death is a part of life. Whether it is the end or another beginning is not able to be told in truth until we reach it.
Old 20-08-2012, 01:30 PM
wildflower57

As a very spiritual person, to sit here and thing that nothing happens when we die is kinda out of the ordinary. I've had strong experiences that would condradict those feelings of emptiness of the purpose of living.
I guess I just fear that I won't complete what I need to complete. But nonetheless I have subtling feelings inside me about this subject today.
I was looking at the stars last just feeling really down. When it appeared that a still star just started moving across the sky slowly. Then right before it was out of view I saw a shooting star.
I think I finally understood how wishing on a shooting star actually works. I usually sit outside peering into the sky anticipating a shooting star to wish upon. This time I just waited and watched and only expected the comfort of the existing stars above.

It was significant. I can apply that to a lot of things which will in return bring comfort for me.
Old 20-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Pathfinder
I had open heart surgery 3 years ago, and I had the same fixation w/ death that you describe. Although I'd always been curious about what happens when we die, when I came close to actually dying the curiosity (fear) intensified. I read a bunch of things that didn't make much sense to me, and then I read some of Michael Newton's books about Life Between Lives. It just clicked for me. Not sure if they'll resonate w/ you or not, but they really helped things fall into place for me.
Old 21-08-2012, 04:09 AM
wildflower57

Thanks, I looked into him and he seems interesting. I'm hoping I can find one of his books at my library