Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 27-02-2016, 07:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Relationship skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by (im)perfectdream1794
I guess this turned into more of a rant than anything else, but know there is some back story to be considered. Despite all this, I truly do have a big heart and a lot of love to give, and wish I could love him. I think what I'm really asking is if anyone has an opinion on whether we should stay apart or if we could make it work. If you read the whole thing, thank you, and if there are any questions feel free to ask.
Most of my relationships were bad or worse all because I simply did not know how to make a relationship work (bad parenting) so I finally had to get into therapy and learned some good relationship skills (google it) to make a relationship work which is why my current wife and I have been pretty happy for a very long time. I had to undo the stupid garbage from my family and re-learn how to be: kind, empathetic, patient, affectionate, respectful, HONEST, polite, helpful and a few other things and then my relationships became much better. The therapy helped too in overcoming a huge array of emotional problems I had thanks to lousy parenting. Things are pretty good now! good luck
Old 28-02-2016, 06:00 PM
Seeker

Thank yo, jimrich for your story. It's nice to hear a real story about relationships without all the societal gimmicks and what not. I thought I did/do have good relationships skills, and this is the most complicated relationship i've ever had. I never had any of these problems before so I'm not entirely sure what's really going on, but maybe I do need to learn or relearn some skills. I will be sure to look into improving my skills and see where I end up from there. Thanks again, I'm glad to hear things turned out well for you.