Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 21-01-2018, 02:47 AM
Master
Tried and True Vegan/Vegetarian Products

There are many vegan and vegetarian products out there on the market currently. As we all know, some can be quite costly. And let's face it, some vegan/vegetarian versions of our favorite foods quite horrible and inedible.
After searching for replacements for some of my favorite foods for a while now, I have come across some really great finds. I would love to share them, and hopefully save you some time and money.
When transitioning to vegan/vegetarian going without some of your favorite foods can be what breaks you. So, finding a few enjoyable ones can be of benefit. Additionally, those looking to merely try something new or healthier (not necessarily vegan or vegetarian) may also find some interest in this thread. Granted this is my opinion/taste, but hopefully you will enjoy them also!And of course, one should limit the amount of processed foods they consume.

The following are vegan and/or vegetarian food products that I have tried and would definitely recommend. Feel free to add some of your own recommendations!

Last edited by Clover : 21-01-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 21-01-2018, 03:01 AM
Master
The Beyond Burger
-mimics a traditional burger the most when it comes to taste, appearance, and texture

Old 21-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Master
Louisville Vegan Jerky
-excellent texture and taste
-comes in a variety of flavors
-price is comparable to real meat jerky
-easily found online and in select stores
-textured soy protein

https://i1.wp.com/trndmonitor.com/wp...16%2C301&ssl=1

Old 21-01-2018, 12:22 PM
Master
Lightlife Gimme Lean Sausage
-most resembles real meat sausage taste and texture wise
-soy protein
-cholesterol-free and packed with protein
-can easily be found in select stores and online
-price may be slightly higher then real meat sausage (but worth it)
-packaged in ground meat form, can easily be sliced or formed into patties, balls, or crumbles.
-comes in variety of flavors
-great for sandwiches, breakfast, addition to sauces, fajitas, casseroles, lasagna, etc.
(I did, however, add some red pepper flakes, cumin, and a dash of salt & pepper to mine to make it a 'hot' sausage. The pepper flakes added some heat and the cumin gave it a more of a sausage-like taste.)

Old 22-01-2018, 01:19 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia13
There are many vegan and vegetarian products out there on the market currently. As we all know, some can be quite costly. And let's face it, some vegan/vegetarian versions of our favorite foods quite horrible and inedible.
After searching for replacements for some of my favorite foods for a while now, I have come across some really great finds. I would love to share them, and hopefully save you some time and money.
When transitioning to vegan/vegetarian going without some of your favorite foods can be what breaks you. So, finding a few enjoyable ones can be of benefit. Additionally, those looking to merely try something new or healthier (not necessarily vegan or vegetarian) may also find some interest in this thread. Granted this is my opinion/taste, but hopefully you will enjoy them also!And of course, one should limit the amount of processed foods they consume.

The following are vegan and/or vegetarian food products that I have tried and would definitely recommend. Feel free to add some of your own recommendations!

good for mind body and soul

http://www.heartcom.org/SwedishPollenExtract.htm

organic and vegan :)
Old 11-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Master

Delicious!
Excellent as a dip for pretzels, bananas, strawberries, etc!

Vegan, gluten free, soy free, and kosher, making it perfect for those with dietary restrictions.

Ingredients: garbanzo beans (chickpeas), coconut oil, water, coconut milk, organic turbinado sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, pure vanilla extract, cultured dextrose (dairy-free, all natural digestive enzyme), and sea salt.

Comes in additional flavors.

Somewhat pricey. May be easy enough to make at home judging by the ingredient list.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Master

Delicious & easy to make!
Cooks & tastes just like traditional pancake mix.