Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 28-03-2018, 10:02 AM
Seeker

Thank you jerseyguy77 for your very interesting reply.

The reason I asked about where your sessions were held was that there is a lovely ruined Norman church not too far from me and every time I visit my head "buzzes" with the spiritual activity, I was thinking of trying my Spirit Box there. A couple of years back when part of a Mediumship development circle, I was told by the leader that he would not want his developing mediums to go there as he knew black magic was practised there. Rather rashly, I had been thinking of trying my luck there - suitably protected and grounded.

Having heard your story and followed your Reddit link, that might not be such a good idea so thanks for that.
I do notice however that neither you nor the Reddit poster mention anywhere about being grounded or properly protected or closing off after the experiments and that I find very risky and worrying. I do get the impression that the Reddit poster might be someone who is of a too sensitive disposition to be doing this kind of thing, I'm no expert so I hope I am wrong.

One thing that we don't know is would you and the other person have developed clairaudience anyway if they had not gone down the chosen path or was the EVP experiment totally responsible for causing the problem.

If you really do find the spirit voices too much perhaps you could post in the Mediumship section asking for advice or help which i am sure would be willingly given.

Chris.
Old 28-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Seeker

Hi Chris,

it gets pretty complicated when it comes to triggers for hearing voices and the cause.

I had never heard a voice before in my life prior to that 2 month time when I was recording for EVP....same for many of the others I know.....most of us started hearing them with just our ears pretty fast....within just a matter of weeks or months...but I met one person who was doing EVP for years and then it happened to them to...so it seems like there are common patterns here....but exceptions seem to occur as well.

I don't know what makes a person more vulnerable really....for a while I thought maybe it was drugs or such that I did when I was younger...but then I've met a guy who started hearing the voices after using a pendulm and another who used a spirit box who were sober their whole lives....I've always felt in my case it was at least in part that I was doing EVP sessions so often with that same group of spirits/entities..and I attuned my hearing to them very quickly. That and that I didn't recognize what they were up to until it was too late.

I think any type of grounding or protection is still a big if....I mean if we don't know who are what all of these spirit entities are...how would we know if we're protected from them.?..and across the board?...perhaps some are older and have more abilities than others.....I mean we can pick up their voices on EVP....but we don't know who or what they are with any degree of certainty

but back to the original post from the OP and the question is there a danger factor?.....my two cents on that question is that it would seem that there are elements with less than benevolent intentions out there that like to hijack / infiltrate a persons perceptions.....it's not something many might want to talk about....but there's still a trail of accounts of similar circumstances out there.....here's a few more... ( I have many more)

http://www.truthspoonforum.com/t279-...spirit-contact

https://www.goodnightjournal.com/2016/06/20/paranoia-4/

Its something that should be considered when taking up this pursuit I feel.

Take Care
Old 29-03-2018, 01:51 PM
Seeker

"it gets pretty complicated when it comes to triggers for hearing voices and the cause."

I must admit that I am learning a great deal about this strange phenomenon from your posts and links jerseyguy77 and it makes sad reading.
Most of what I already knew comes from the books of Michael Bentine - one of the founder members of the famous Goon Show in the UK along with Peter Sellers, Spike Milligan et.al. As well as being a comedian he was a top class clairvoyant, medium and dowser and he wrote much about hearing voices and demonic possession and Rescue Circles in his many excellent books. "The Door Marked Summer" is my own favourite. Very scary stuff some of it and a serious warning!

The problem as I see it is that thousands of people do spiritual stuff such as Ouija boards, EVP and Spirit Boxes, Tarot and dowsing etc with no noted problems or ill effects and have done for years. Just a small proportion, an unknown number as yet, seem to suffer consequences from mild to severe and although most can it seems handle these, "fragile" individuals may come to grief sadly. this is just my naive attempt to rationalise the situation.

You appear to attribute some of your difficulties to being too regular with your EVP sessions and if that is the true reason perhaps we would all be well advised to limit our exposure to only irregular use until we are sure we have the situation under control - just a suggestion.

In the mean time, it can't do any harm to be fully grounded and protected and to be very suspicious of the motives and identity of any voices our Spirit Boxes relay. Thank you for your warnings, they could save someone (me?) real grief.

Chris.
Old 29-03-2018, 07:10 PM
Seeker

just my personal opinion....I think there is more to at least some percentage of hearing voices cases than mental illness....I don't know what the percentage might be....but I've seen enough cases and accounts that resemble these others I've seen that started from spirit communication.

This is something that I hope is looked into further someday.....as I think there's a connection there.

Sometimes to, you'll find cases where people start hearing voices after drug use....but the voices remain even after the person quits drugs. Does it in some way shatter our blinders or make us more open to other dimensions or planes?

there has been some examination to this.....of course it'll be controversial....but I think there's something to it at least in some cases.

a Doctor named Van Dusen wrote a paper many years back suggesting perhaps a link to something spiritual (see below) in many hearing voices cases

http://www.searchwithin.org/download...ce_spirits.pdf

These days...there's a retired doctor named Jerry Marzinsky who before he retired, worked with schizophrenia patients for years and came to the conclusion that in some of these cases...it very much seems like the voices are coming from an external source. He has a page on Facebook called The Presence of Other Worlds in Schizophrenia

He believes the voices may be some type of parasitic spiritual entity that feeds off of negative emotional energy

here's an interview with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbhF4UhEeF8

I think he's on to something....at least in some of these cases.

Take Care,
Brian
Old 30-03-2018, 01:35 PM
Seeker

Thanks jerseyguy77 for your reply and links within.

Although I think we may be getting a little off-topic I believe much of this stuff could be relevant to some Spirit box users.

Your Swedenborg paper link to William Van Dusen makes fascinating reading and since he was writing from his own hands on knowledge of clairaudience sufferers, does seem worth the effort.

There is an established link between the susceptibility to hearing voices and early cannabis use, in schizophrenics and bipolar disorder sufferers:-
https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvi.../cannabis.aspx and according to an article on the mind.org website (a UK mental health support group) hearing voices is a problem in between 5 and 28% of the population. There is the story of a sufferer named Katie on the site.

A question I have asked myself repeatedly since starting Spirit Box use is "who are these people, who are we listening to?" It seems from the Van Dusen paper that there are two types, the low type and a high type for want of a better designation but as the low type can lie about themselves, caveat emptor would seem to be the best approach!

As usual, lots to learn!

Chris
Old 04-02-2019, 07:07 AM
Pathfinder
I just bought a P-SB7 Spirit Box a week ago. I barely learned about EVP stuff on the radio like two weeks ago while spiraling around youtube. So bought one.

So far, I haven't heard anything, besides the usual white noise and radio bleeds. I use 250ms, FM, in REV, and run it for an hour. Maybe I should try to record it like advised and play back.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymus
I just bought a P-SB7 Spirit Box a week ago. I barely learned about EVP stuff on the radio like two weeks ago while spiraling around youtube. So bought one.

So far, I haven't heard anything, besides the usual white noise and radio bleeds. I use 250ms, FM, in REV, and run it for an hour. Maybe I should try to record it like advised and play back.
Hi there.

It takes a week or two for your brain to "tune in" to that frequency and I would recommend a reverse FM sweep at 200mg/s.

Also, recording it is necessary, because you will hear more on playback than you will with your naked ears.

Try asking specific questions, like holding up an item and asking the spirits to identify it, or getting them to say your name.

Once you know what you are listening out for, it becomes much easier to hear other things as well.

All the best with it.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:21 PM
Seeker

+1 F0r the wise words from Shivani Devi above - especially recording your trials, I have found that it is so easy to miss completely or misunderstand what has been said and even playing the sounds back several times you can discover previously unnoticed words or sounds. Good luck and keep trying!
Old 05-02-2019, 04:32 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Hi there.

It takes a week or two for your brain to "tune in" to that frequency and I would recommend a reverse FM sweep at 200mg/s.

Also, recording it is necessary, because you will hear more on playback than you will with your naked ears.

Try asking specific questions, like holding up an item and asking the spirits to identify it, or getting them to say your name.

Once you know what you are listening out for, it becomes much easier to hear other things as well.

All the best with it.

Thank you Shivani Devi. I'll take your advice and set it on FM, REV, at 200ms! Let's see what happens in a few weeks!
Old 07-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Master
Listened to a Leslie Flint direct voice recording sometime last year https://www.leslieflint.com/recordings-archive and there was mention from the spirit world back in the 60's that there would be communication devices in the future that would function in such a way where the spirit could communicate through such devices.

Whether the spirit box type of device is what was spoken about 60 years ago I haven't a clue but about 5 months ago a friend of mine tried this device and erik (of channeling erik) came through when I was not there. He has been through a few times to me before just saying hello and watching over our group when it was mentioned on the spirit box that erik wanted to say something to me.

The following week after our group the spirit box was used (I personally don't resonate with all the interference noise) I found it a little stressy but several sitters heard the words, I know it's difficult, and the words death and loss came up.

My dad passed over two weeks later, I had a thought in the back of my mind that it better not have something to do with him as he had recently not been that well.

Just thought I would share my only experience of this type of communication.

x daz x