Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-04-2011, 03:23 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman123
Here is a website with over 2600 near death testimonies

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF_NDEs.htm
As reincarnation includes a FULL death experience any NEAR death experiences are meaningless.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:59 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick61
I feel there is life after death not just because of an experience I had, but because the universe wastes nothing. When I was at Uni they taught us that 'energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only changed from one form to another'. And if you look at our world this is so true. However, the irony in the above statement is that most scientific people decline to believe in an afterlife, which is something that really hurts my head.

You make a good point.... a well thought out and rational one at that. I'm not sure it's enough to convince me without question that we continue in spirit form after physical death of the body, but I want to believe that's true for all the obvious reasons! The teachings I've been privy to all insist that it's true, and on the whole I tend to lean that direction, but there are times when doubts overcome me.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 PM
nick61

Iv'e thought about it a great deal since my one and only experience, however I had always believed science to be true, but never applied it to the paranormal. I can prove that energy cant be destroyed, but I cant prove to myself, or anyone else for that matter, why the afterlife exists.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Experiencer
I view reincarnation a little differently in that I see our spiritual reality or non-physical reality to be our base state and the physical lives as explorations and experiences to expand and grow spiritually. So it doesn't appear to me as an "after-life" but a reintegration with our higher self/being.

I have always liked the analogy that our physical bodies are like space suits or scuba gear. They are necessary to experience this physical realm and interact with others and ourselves in ways to learn and grow. Once we get into one though we can forget exactly where we came from.

I am looking forward to being back in spirit reality, but I guess I should stick around since it is an exciting time to experience the changes that are coming and I would hate to have to try and get a new body. I mean I could do without being a teenager again!

Love and Light
Old 06-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Windchime159

there is no proof in the form of second hand knowledge

you must expirance things for yourself to have surity in your heart

to me the fact iv astral projected and been ojut of my body means i have a soul, if i have a soul death is not the end, afterlife must exist

you read that but that was not proof to you, you have doubt because my expirance is not your own

you must work and strive for your own proof
Old 06-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Radiant Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felynx
Like remembering when you got your first bike when you were a child but longer back than that. Some come in dreams, some in daytime visions. Its all pretty much even. I find it rather sad that the slate usually gets wiped clean when one gets reborn, so the person has to piece back their previous existance, but yeah, thats what I know.

Oh I see, and I agree, I figure it's for good reason but it would be easier to pick up where you left off and further your discovery and growth if you did keep all your past memories...
Old 06-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Radiant Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime159
there is no proof in the form of second hand knowledge

you must expirance things for yourself to have surity in your heart

to me the fact iv astral projected and been ojut of my body means i have a soul, if i have a soul death is not the end, afterlife must exist

you read that but that was not proof to you, you have doubt because my expirance is not your own

you must work and strive for your own proof

You're right, is astral projection something that you accidently did and learned how to? I have tried but I can't seem to get to that relaxed state where I'm suppose to start feeling the tingling and hearing ringing noises and etc...
Old 06-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Radiant Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick61
I feel there is life after death not just because of an experience I had, but because the universe wastes nothing. When I was at Uni they taught us that 'energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only changed from one form to another'. And if you look at our world this is so true. However, the irony in the above statement is that most scientific people decline to believe in an afterlife, which is something that really hurts my head.

Wow! That is so very true! You have the wheels turning in my head now!...
Old 06-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Radiant Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
I want to believe that's true for all the obvious reasons! The teachings I've been privy to all insist that it's true, and on the whole I tend to lean that direction, but there are times when doubts overcome me.

This is exactly where I stand!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Radiant Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
I want to believe that's true for all the obvious reasons! The teachings I've been privy to all insist that it's true, and on the whole I tend to lean that direction, but there are times when doubts overcome me.

This is exactly where I stand!