Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-10-2018, 05:10 AM
Master
Lets examine the wisdom of calling oneself God.

There are two sides to the argument of calling oneself God. One argument is that it is the truth and it is wise, while the other argument is that it is false and it is foolish.

I suspect that there is an element of truth to both arguments. If you take each argument and make both of them both less definite then you end up with two conditional or partially true statements.

In this case the argument will go - it *can* be true and wise to call oneself God; but it is not always. And it *can* be false and foolish to call oneself God; but it is not always.

Christ had the right approach in my opinion. He was not dogmatic about calling Himself God. He took the gentle approach and referred to Himself as the Son of God. He stated that He and God were One.

I will be honest and state that I find Christ's definition of Himself as the Son of God a bit too extreme. I would state myself as only being a *part* of God. I feel that Christ may have over stepped the mark.

However that is just my own feeling on the matter.

There are many reasons why I AM God. But there are also many reasons why I AM not God. It is finding the sense between all the logical arguments for and against being God that is the difficult part.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 21-10-2018, 07:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
There are two sides to the argument of calling oneself God. One argument is that it is the truth and it is wise, while the other argument is that it is false and it is foolish.

I suspect that there is an element of truth to both arguments. If you take each argument and make both of them both less definite then you end up with two conditional or partially true statements.

In this case the argument will go - it *can* be true and wise to call oneself God; but it is not always. And it *can* be false and foolish to call oneself God; but it is not always.

Christ had the right approach in my opinion. He was not dogmatic about calling Himself God. He took the gentle approach and referred to Himself as the Son of God. He stated that He and God were One.

I will be honest and state that I find Christ's definition of Himself as the Son of God a bit too extreme. I would state myself as only being a *part* of God. I feel that Christ may have over stepped the mark.

However that is just my own feeling on the matter.

There are many reasons why I AM God. But there are also many reasons why I AM not God. It is finding the sense between all the logical arguments for and against being God that is the difficult part.

I am" is the name of God… God is none other than the Self,

If thou knowest thine own self, thou knowest God.

This pure Mind, the source of everything,
Shines forever and on all with the brilliance of its own perfection.
But the people of the world do not awake to it,
Regarding only that which sees, hears, feels and knows as mind,
Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling and knowing,
They do not perceive the spectral brilliance of the source of all substance.

If I penetrate to the depths of my own existence and my own present reality, the indefinable am that is myself in its deepest roots, then through this deep center I pass into the infinite I am which is the very Name of the Almighty.

Different interpretations from different Cultures and Religions, how beautiful.....
Old 21-10-2018, 05:00 PM
Master
Very nice sky. But what does that have to do with my post? You have been saying how great I AM for the last 6 months. In fact you don't say anything else.

Old 21-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Very nice sky. But what does that have to do with my post? You have been saying how great I AM for the last 6 months. In fact you don't say anything else.

It's more than great Honza, it's amazing
Old 21-10-2018, 11:05 PM
Knower

I believe Jesus says in the bible "you are Gods".

Also while we are all a part of God Jesus had let go of the ego (personal self) and was living fully out of the spirit. Which is why he says, "it is not me, but he who speaks through me, that says these things". So maybe him calling himself the Son of God was just his way of differentiating himself from the rest of us who were still living from the ego - the belief in personal selves and separation.

Although I don't like the phrase Son of God because it makes it sound like he is special. I don't think he wanted us to see him as special. He himself says, "look at what I can do, these things and more shall ye also do".
Old 22-10-2018, 06:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It's more than great Honza, it's amazing

My thought is; there are so many amazing things so why just go on about I AM. It is like an obsession with you.

Old 22-10-2018, 06:53 AM
Master
Quote:
My thought is; there are so many amazing things so why just go on about I AM. It is like an obsession with you.

Oh I thought you started this Thread and many others referring to I AM

Anyhow Honza from ' I am ' stems everything, all that is, including many amazing things, they all come from the same source.
Old 22-10-2018, 06:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuurt
I believe Jesus says in the bible "you are Gods".

Also while we are all a part of God Jesus had let go of the ego (personal self) and was living fully out of the spirit. Which is why he says, "it is not me, but he who speaks through me, that says these things". So maybe him calling himself the Son of God was just his way of differentiating himself from the rest of us who were still living from the ego - the belief in personal selves and separation.

Although I don't like the phrase Son of God because it makes it sound like he is special. I don't think he wanted us to see him as special. He himself says, "look at what I can do, these things and more shall ye also do".

Very insightful Kuurt, love it
Old 22-10-2018, 07:12 AM
Ascender

Hello all.

Thinking of god as "how" rather than "who" offers another perspective.

pete
Old 22-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Master

Unless you are God you are guilty of blasphemy if you call yourself God. The only human who had the right to call himself God was Jesus Christ. He was equal to God the Father and was incarnated in human flesh and therefore was both human and divine. He could say he was God and also say that he was a human and both statements would be the truth.