Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-09-2018, 10:38 PM
Master
There are over 40,000 different denominations of Christianity.

How can there be any kind of unity in Christianity with such a stunning separation of the massive flock of people? All the different doctrines and teachings, all the disagreement that will naturally cause , and the incredible differences in how the bible is interpreted.

Each different church thinking they are the so called "true church" who, in their pride, picks out only certain people to be members, and to hell with the rest of us. Its pastors and leaders are so into themselves that they look like large pumpkin heads walking on stage. One big mouth speaking to a people who are trained to be one big ear just listening to it's leader. No real structure that is designed for personal growth.

A church grown so big that it has lost so much at the expense of its people. More dedicated to it's leaders than they are to God.

What is behind this surreal situation and why do so many Christians seem absolutely blind to it?
Old 19-09-2018, 05:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
How can there be any kind of unity in Christianity with such a stunning separation of the massive flock of people? All the different doctrines and teachings, all the disagreement that will naturally cause , and the incredible differences in how the bible is interpreted.

Each different church thinking they are the so called "true church" who, in their pride, picks out only certain people to be members, and to hell with the rest of us. Its pastors and leaders are so into themselves that they look like large pumpkin heads walking on stage. One big mouth speaking to a people who are trained to be one big ear just listening to it's leader. No real structure that is designed for personal growth.

A church grown so big that it has lost so much at the expense of its people. More dedicated to it's leaders than they are to God.

What is behind this surreal situation and why do so many Christians seem absolutely blind to it?

"What is behind this surreal situation and why do so many Christians seem absolutely blind to it?"

Brainwashing.... That's the problem.
Old 19-09-2018, 05:31 AM
Master

Quote:

It's always been obvious that the Bible is the world's most confusing book.
Quite amazing really that a God in all its wisdom didn't do a better job.
Old 25-09-2018, 09:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
It's always been obvious that the Bible is the world's most confusing book.
Quite amazing really that a God in all its wisdom didn't do a better job.

But because he made it confusing , is
Evidence to me that he wanted it that way.
God had not made it easy to discover his ways and means ; he hides even his presence and personage is hidden from us.
Old 25-09-2018, 11:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
"What is behind this surreal situation and why do so many Christians seem absolutely blind to it?"

Brainwashing.... That's the problem.

I think brainwashing fits what has occurred. , a seduction of the Christian mind. If one looks at Revelations chapter 2-3, one may can see the seduction of even churches of God.

In Rev. 2:4, Jesus himself speaking to the lead angel assigned to that particular church era, or it could be just individual churches, I am not sure..

Rev. 2:4 , again it's Jesus talking- " I have something against you , you have lost
Your first love. ( I think
That first love was the doctrine of Universal Salvation for all of mankind , Christianity took on the doctrine of limited salvation and the madness of the eternal hell suffering.)

Jesus continues from the church Ephesus to the church at Pergamos, in Rev. 2:15 , this church of God has doctrines that Jesus states he hates! My goodness, a railing accusation : stunning. In 2:18 Jesus has things against Thyatira. The church called "Laodiceans", which I think is modern day Christianity. In 3:14-21, they are neither hot or cold, just stuck on stupid doctrines that do not reveal the great grace of God in salvation. They are caught up in the prosperity movement , increased with goods, obsessed with getting rich. Notice Jesus stunning description of Christianity in 3: 17," Because you think you are rich and increased with goods , and have need of nothing , you really don't know that you are wretched and miserable , and poor , blind and naked."stunningly Christianity is blind to its condition. In verse 20 Jesus reveals that he is not " In Christianity" but he is standing at the door knocking, wanting to get in. He is on the outside, and this is an era that could be the last days.
Old 25-09-2018, 11:36 PM
Master

Quote:

Wikipedia states that there are 2.42 billion Christians in the world. So, dividing by your 40,000 results in 60,500 adherents / denomination, on average. Obviously the distributions is far from even between denominations.

Your mentioning of the "differences" immediately made me think of the differences of opinions between my wife and me, after a sizable amount of cohabitation.
Old 26-09-2018, 12:57 AM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Wikipedia states that there are 2.42 billion Christians in the world. So, dividing by your 40,000 results in 60,500 adherents / denomination, on average. Obviously the distributions is far from even between denominations.

Your mentioning of the "differences" immediately made me think of the differences of opinions between my wife and me, after a sizable amount of cohabitation.

Well yes we will have our differences , and it becomes harder to walk together when two disagree. Iits not Impossible. , just more difficult. Christianity is wrought with disagreeing factions. A destiny of confusion. And to be absolutely blind to it. This is the uncanny will of God for them..
They think God is with them. But Jesus witnessed that he is on the outside of their churches.
Old 26-09-2018, 10:32 AM
Master
For Christianity , it has grown so large and it's leaders continue to pour plastic meaningless doctrines to these people who cling to it.
Old 26-09-2018, 01:00 PM
Master

Quote:
But because he made it confusing , is
Evidence to me that he wanted it that way.
God had not made it easy to discover his ways and means ; he hides even his presence and personage is hidden from us.

That response mickiel is absolutely fitting to fundamental Christianity.
Why on earth should we be misled and confused and have to bear all the consequences that follow?
I'd prefer clear and defined information myself.
Old 26-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
That response mickiel is absolutely fitting to fundamental Christianity.
Why on earth should we be misled and confused and have to bear all the consequences that follow?
I'd prefer clear and defined information myself.

Well GOD WANTED THE WORLD TO BE IN CONFUSION WHEN HR RETURNS, and religion must play a role in that.