Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-11-2018, 08:18 PM
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Gospel of Thomas claims that we can find the 'truth' within ourselves with the help of secret knowledge from Jesus, and that we can know God this way.

Christianity in general says that only through faith in Jesus's power can we come to the truth, that we can't lift a finger to save ourselves.

I have found that self-knowledge is valuable, but at a certain point only the Light of Jesus can lead me to the truth - I think in this era people might be more keen on the Gospel of Thomas attitude than the requirement to just have faith though.

Unless you're female of course, then Jesus would have to fix you first, and then you can carry on with getting into the Kingdom via self-knowledge???

114. Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."

Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."

Not secret knowledge from Jesus, but from your own mind.

All Jesus does is show you the way by being your focal point or mantra as the Eastern mystics says and use.

Here are the appropriate verses.

I have them as a part of explaining why a Gnostic Christian will name his God I am.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that lazy Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail if you google --- Alan Watts - On The Book of Eli.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link. google---- Joseph Campbell--On Becoming an Adult.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL
Old 14-11-2018, 08:27 PM
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote:
It seems there is a rather blatant misogyny in Gnosticism, but if you’re willing to accept that good for you. I prefer the non-misogynistic Jesus from the bible.

How can there be blatant misogyny in a universalist religion that has a heaven with all souls equal, but not hell?

We have even tied the notion of equality to righteousness in ourselves as well as our writings on God, which is us.

Please google --- Gnostic Scriptures and Fragments: Epiphanes - On Righteousness

Regards
DL
Old 14-11-2018, 08:50 PM
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote:
Ok, I don't get it, humour me and explain how making a female into a male relates to an ungendered divine parent.

Here is a modern example of the unisex thinking of the more intelligent.

Please Wiki Father complex.

You will read that this Father Complex also applies to mothers and women but no one has dubbed it the Mother complex, even though the description of Father complex includes an understood mother complex.

Regards
DL
Old 14-11-2018, 09:12 PM
Gnostic Christian Bishop

[quote=anthony c]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH

No you did not bore me.

I have been meditating for 4 years and still no inner voice has came though but maybe cause i was not really listening and also my mind is not that quiet for long.

I have been lately very interested in what people call "EGO death" and so have been reading a lot about it but sounds difficult cause it's something that is very sticky. Maybe that's why my inner voice is not coming through cause when you get rid of it, it's easier to connect with it.

Something to practice on...

When apotheosis hits, there will be no way for you to deny it.

As to ego death, I do not think that to be possible but I was advised during my apotheosis to think more demographically. That does not kill the ego but reduces it to it's smallest form, so to speak, and allows one to see more of the total demographic pyramid.

Regards
DL
Old 14-11-2018, 09:15 PM
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
If I may ask, how did you come to the realization that God is everything?

These are old concepts that have been buried by the mainstream religions.

I used to say that if you cant find God in everything you will never find God in anything.

Later I found ---- If you can't see God in all, you can't see God at all.
-Anon

Regards
DL
Old 14-11-2018, 09:22 PM
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
So your "realization" is really faith in your interpretation of the Bible and not on a direct experience. That's fine. I was just curious.

Faith without facts is fro fools.

Science, in a real sense, confirms that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given our past.

See if you can understand the following.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators
The Christian reality.
1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.
-----------
The Gnostic Christian reality.
Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"
"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.
But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL
Old 14-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
The trouble isn't with the Gospel of Thomas, its with the very idea of Jesus having teachings!
Because according to standard Christian theology it is belief in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus that saves and this is not through 'works'. And works encompasses comprehension of truth as well as trying to live a good life
So any teachings that Jesus had, are really heretical to this concept
But the gospels themselves refute such a dogmatic view when they say that the words of Jesus are life!
This is a fundamental contradiction, especially when Paul quotes not one of Jesus's teachings, or anything about his life
And when Jesus encountered the woman at the well, he spoke about the Holy Spirit not himself as what salvation is
One obvious resolution is to bring together his teaching with the meaning of his sacrifice and see them as part of a greater outpouring of salvation that is in everything he said and did
I think that is how the early Christians saw it
Only later when religion crept in and Paul's ideas were embellished into fixed doctrine and stale religion took over would Jesus's own words, be considered as embarrassing
Oh he had a teaching, better downplay that in case people think it can save them! It can't sorry Jesus, but your words of life, can't save because we said so. Only if you accept the statement of faith we came up with, only then are you saved!

Why would anyone, other than the religious fraudsters who want to create a false guilt to help the rubes part from their cash, would you or anyone else think they have been condemned by God?

Regards
DL
Old 14-11-2018, 11:45 PM
Master

it's not about condemnation, but relationship and the wonder that results
to claim god-like status without this deriving from a relationship with the divine is kind of empty. it is the truth that sets us free, of a direct personal relationship with God. this is surely more important than anything?
Old 15-11-2018, 07:19 AM
Master
" Would you go home and accuse /condemn your child just to turn around and forgive him to try to create a better relationship? "

Some actions need condemning, so yes I would condemn/criticize/blame/accuse. ( Condemn has many meanings).

You forgive and build a better relationship with people not actions....
Old 15-11-2018, 03:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop
We are talking an unjust condemnation and if you did that to your child, you are one prick of a father.

Regards
DL

"you are one prick of a father."

And you are extremely rude and ignorant.