Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 07-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Pathfinder

Are we forced to incarnate/reincarnate?

http://www.nderf.org/Experiences/1nancy_c_nde.html

^I've read multiple accounts like these, where the person dies, sees their dreadful future and becomes aware that they must live it, with no argument against it. They want to stay in their very happy afterlife (real life) very badly, but do not have the option.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:56 PM
Master

What forces us is karma.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:59 PM
Experiencer
That is how it is. It is pretty simple of that level.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:14 AM
Seeker
There is a force within us all, a drive, an imperative to complete. to *become love. Apart from this, no. (there is no outside force.

Casey
Old 13-02-2017, 01:18 AM
Knower

My dad once went to a psychic who said that I wanted to be born, so I don't think all of us are forced to incarnate. I was born with a disability, which I asked for in the spiritual realm.
Old 13-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by omcasey
There is a force within us all, a drive, an imperative to complete. to *become love. Apart from this, no. (there is no outside force.

Casey

I agree with Casey wholeheartedly. Couldn't have said it better.
Old 13-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Deactivated Account
What does it even matter anyway, as if singing in a cutesy angel choir for the rest of eternity is any fun.
Old 13-02-2017, 09:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
What does it even matter anyway, as if singing in a cutesy angel choir for the rest of eternity is any fun.

Is that what you think awaits us when we die? Shish

Maybe you will be in a cutesy choir but I'm going to be having a lot of fun.
Old 13-02-2017, 10:12 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

I believe that the only thing that matters for us, on Earth, is to try to find out what we have to do while here. It would be nice to know why, and understand the big picture, but searching for those answers might distract us from finding and doing what we have to learn and do. We wouldn't probably be able to understand it even if somebody told us.

I think that we have to reincarnate. Why? I believe that we aren't yet prepared to live in the afterlife environment. What (I think that) we have to do about it? We have to learn to control our emotions, especially fear, and we have to improve our intellect, to be able to understand concepts that we'll be exposed to in afterlife.

Not knowing what we have to do, many don't even think about that, makes us waste much of our incarnations. There is talk about young and old souls. The age of a soul isn't proportional with their advancement toward preparedness to accede to the permanent residence in the afterlife. Like in almost everything the quality is more important than quantity.

Last edited by baro-san : 14-02-2017 at 02:16 AM.
Old 14-02-2017, 01:32 AM
Experiencer
It is very hard to say with any degree of certainty that something is 100% how it should be. Saying that, is almost always wrong in my own opinion. The beauty of life in universe itself is in its predictable unpredictability, if that makes sense. Or in other words how there is order in apparent chaos that seems to reign upon all existence. All can probably agree that one of the bigger aspects of existence is the experience itself. To experience, to be experienced. If a being, a universe, a branch and a tree of universes wishes to experience the most they can, to continuously grow, setting any kind of restrictions that limits the experience is counterproductive.

What you are wondering is, if continuously reincarnating on Earth, or just reincarnation itself is really what it is supposed to be going on. I personally believe this matter to not be simple at all.

The idea of reincarnation is very strongly linked with the idea of karma, and probably also with the idea of maya or illusion, which is the world you live in. Simply put, most of us beings desire to gain experience through lifetimes here in this reality, and thus grow spiritually. Karma serves us as some sort of great balancer, which makes sure that we get to experience all sides and possibilities of reality. But, and there always is a but.. If you believe that experience itself is supposed to be non limiting, there is something fundamentally wrong with the law of karma and reincarnation here. Firstly, we are having this discussion right now, because probably non of us remembers the previous life or afterlife. Well one reason might be, because non of that really exist, which is the simplest, or the other, because when we reincarnate again we forget all of it, in order to better adjust to this life.

But, again. If you are a kid, and I tell you to put your hand in a fire, and you do it because its really beautiful and all, you will get burned. That's a fairly unpleasant experience, if you like yourself, and you will do your best to remember that putting hands in a fire for prolonged period of time is a no-no. If I told you that you must forget about it, because that will somehow benefit you in some way, would you do it? Would you find any new experience in repeating that same thing again, getting burned and realising that fire can be harmful? What would be the positive reasoning behind forgetting about the experience you had, if you already learned it successfully the first time? So, why would the universe, the law of karma or reincarnation demand of you to forget everything when you are born anew. If the goal is to experience as much as we can? how is this then helping us? Karma is not a force which forces you to do anything. Karma is like your mother. Gently guiding you supporting you and advising you about your decisions and actions. You might get a slap in your face once in a while for swearing, but she will never force you to be something you do not wish to be or force you to grow up in a person she wants you to be. Karma is a simplest and lightest universal law there is, that acts through gentleness of attraction, but has been heavily misused in this here reality to the point of a must do.

When you decide to return to earth and occupy physical body you need to go from higher vibrations to lower. From vibrant to dense. The process itself is probably quite unpleasant and forces you to severely limit your own awareness in order to safely condense it and inhabit this physical vessel. In my opinion this process itself is some of the reason why we forget. The other is our current society and culture, which is strongly focusing on material experience, so the notion of helping new arrivals on this planet remember their past life is almost non existent. I strongly believe that babies and young children posses almost all or a lot of the knowledge from before, only to loose it gradually by human, social and cultural conditioning. But is reincarnation by itself even a must? No. I do not think so. Reincarnation is not a must and not important and does not in any way benefit your experience at all. Incarnation however is. Incarnation is a very handy tool by which a being can lower its vibration to a lower density and then incarnate in a body living on a planet, so it can experience that reality for itself. Incarnation is like buying a ticket for movie in a cinema. Are you obliged to buy the same ticket over and over again? No. you can if you want to, if you really liked it, sure. There is a difference between re and in-carnation.

We all at some point decided to come here, that is obvious since we are living here. Most of us is probably even still decided to stay here, since the planet is in a very peculiar time and experience of its own, and being here now is probably one of a kind. But if you decided this is too much for you, could you leave? Well again a question no one here can really answer I guess, but since we are dealing with an reincarnation, which is repeatedly incarnating here, my guess is: uuuuuum no. And I come back to my original point, that limiting the experience is non beneficial in any kind of way, so why would universe need you too keep coming back here? Well I reckon the creator has a set of problems of its own, and has a hard time really helping us right now. I feel as if we are in a experience prison. When we die here, where we go, is not a real place, where we were supposed to go, but I strongly feel it is a manufactured reality. Yes it is still great bright and shiny since it is higher density, but I do not think it is much higher than astral. And there a huge realms and expanses created in astral. Even you can create one if you so desire. I feel that when we die here, we go to one such manufactured reality where we are indoctrinated to a reincarnation system. All of us have been doing this probably for so long, that when we die we think we have come to a good place, which by all comparison is, if you compare it to living here. But what happens there is just a quick respite, a little of regression and therapy and off we go again. No, I have no clue what happens really there, but I feel if there is some presence there, some being, or group of beings that have some sort of governance over that realm and other beings, and can order me to go back to Earth, then this beings are really really bad and not serving the true purpose of experience because I should have the complete free will to go experience whatever I want. Now I know, everyone will say, but we all want to come back, to learn from our mistakes ( which is ridicules since you forget all about them) and I myself am quite happy to be here right now, but I strongly feel that the idea of reincarnation and karma has been imposed heavily on this here planet, to keep us under the lid so to speak. I believe this is what is going on, on planet Earth. It is a reincarnation based prison. We have been here for eons, trying to achieve spiritual awakening through lifetimes of forgetfulness and oppression. Good job prison wardens.

I heard that a lot of souls that ended life here on Earth are not even ascending to that place anymore, and are staying here on earth. I feel this to be true for many reasons. One being, that they are waiting on a new planet, a new reality and new dimension in which to incarnate again like we are all supposed to, where they could take their memories with them through our help and then help us further. The other being pretty straightforward that the place we all go to when we die does not exist anymore since it has been destroyed. After all, why would we even need to go all to the same place, like we are on some kind of a school bus trip. In a creation as big as this is, we are forced to go to all the same place when we die? Ridiculous. Got kinda cranky right now xD Anyway that si my view about it, which is not my own but is most likely a combination of numerous information and beliefs put into my own. Everyone stay safe and positive*