Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 10-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Newbie ;)

Need some advice after finding an app about past life

I'm a 22 year old guy from Sweden. I've lived in Sweden all my life. Though, I've never really been that Swedish off me, i.o.w I never really cared much about Swedish culture and stuff like that. It's not that I disrespect it, I've just never really felt a connection to it. Most of the stuff that Swedes love to do, I don't like to do. I just gave up Facebook for the second time because it only caused negativity because that is what Sweden is only serving me. I try to avoid the news and such as well because it's only negativity. Besides that, I have no friends and the few I've had never lasted for a longer period of time because we weren't alike enough. There is no connection for me to this country, I don't like most of the people and most of them don't like me either.
I also don't look Swedish, my both of my parents have foreign descent. They are both white but they don't look Swedish. Most would probably think it doesn't matter but anyone who understands human nature will understand that people prefer being with people who think and look you like you. I don't think like Swedes, I don't like their culture and I don't look Scandinavian. It's not that weird anymore that I'm being lonely.

I've always felt some connection to Eastern Europe. It is poorer there but I don't mind that and it's not that bad as people think either. I've been in Hungary and it was different but not like night and day of course. I just feel their mentality in many aspects are both better and healthier than compared to how it is in the West and especially Sweden. I don't really care if I'd get a lower standard of living. As long as I have somewhere to live, an internet connection (and my phone at least) and my bike, then I'm pretty happy.
I recently got into spirituality (like a bit over a month ago) and been reading about various topics daily since then. I found and app where you write down your birth details and you'll see where you were born in a past life and what your personal traits was. A lot of the traits really suit me. But I though that "this might apply to anyone or something" but there was one detail that interested me.
The app claims that in my past life, I lived in the territory of modern Bulgaria in around year 775. I really tried to think that this could just be a random event but then I made some research on my name. My name is of latin descent but the spelling of it originates in Russia. Here is a list of where my name is used:
USAGE: Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Icelandic, German, Hungarian, Czech, Slovak, Bulgarian, Russian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Serbian, Slovene, Macedonian
OTHER SCRIPTS: (my name here) (Bulgarian, Russian, Serbian, Macedonian).

I don't search for jobs in Sweden anymore because I want to work in Eastern Europe (preferably Romania or Bulgaria) and this angers my mom and brother because they think I belong in Sweden and they would think I'm mentally insane for wanting to leave Sweden for a poorer nation. Nobody trusts in my decisions (even if they sometimes have worked out by themselves, like something intervened) and it has polluted my ability to trust myself. I am gonna be honest, I'd rather kill myself than keep living in Sweden. The life I seek cannot be found here.

Have anyone else had a similar experience? Or any advice in general? I don't really feel that comfortable asking (never have been comfortable asking people stuff) but I have to. I hope this is the right place to ask, in the end a lot of these thoughts have been with me for a while but after becoming more spiritual, it became a strong feeling. If there are something that you don't understand then just point it out, it usually happens a lot that people misunderstand me.
Thanks in advance.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:08 PM
Experiencer
Interesting post looking4mydestiny... There are a couple of things I would like to offer up.

First and foremost regards the App you are using to find answers with. Regretfully, you simply can't rely on modern technology to find the answers you are looking for. I say this as someone who is spiritually enlightened, connect to my higher self and is a 20 year veteran and expert in software engineering/architecture. Apps simply follow inanimate logical instructions based on user input that is in no way, shape or form connected to or interfaced with a higher understanding of an individuals higher self.

The good news is - you don't need an app for that. You have the capacity within you to figure this out on your own. I highly encourage you to look into past life regression. These answers and many more are in you. You simply need to draw them out. Youtube offers a variety of guided meditation designed to help you do a past life regression. Additionally, there are people who can help guide you through meditation.

Finally, If you decide to do this - do so with an open mind and without pre-conditions. e.g.: I am drawn to eastern Europe. One of my strongest and clearest past life memories is of me experiencing life in Oslo, Norway during World War II. I have absolutely no connection with this region. Likewise, I have a tremendous draw toward ancient Rome and have yet to discover any past life there. My point is - what you are drawn to in this life is about this life. If you are compelled to go to eastern Europe - you should recognize it is not necessarily because you have a past life connection to this region. It is just as likely you are drawn to it because it is part of your life design that you determined before incarnating into the life you are experiencing now.

I hope I was able to help you -- Good luck in your journey

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 11-07-2016, 03:31 AM
Master
Using an app to find where past life was is pretty unhelpful. I don't believe in any of that but personal beliefs differ, and as silly as it sounds that could have been a way to deliver an important message.

What I do believe in, is synchronicity. You get messages from the universe in all kinds of ways. If you accept synchronicity as a means of communication then any repeating message that you receive from your environment is something to pay attention to.

Some people stay in the same place for life. Other people are compelled to leave their birthplace and travel to other places. I believe that is because their destiny lies elsewhere and they are strongly guided to be where they are supposed to be. Something is planned somewhere and you have to be there for your 'appointment with destiny'...That is how it works.

I strongly believe in guidance but I don't believe in past lives, at least not in the same way that people talk about. What you are concerned about is your current life. What are you being guided to do in your current life? Past lives are fiction and not relevant. Maybe there is truth to it but you are here to live this life. Whoever you were in a past life, if your belief is correct was not the you that you are today. Different world, different DNA, Different experiences, Different consciousness and different appearance, and a different organic brain, so really none of that is relevant.
Old 21-07-2016, 12:29 AM
Experiencer
I think if you are old enough to move out of the country and support yourself, you should do it. Your family will always be in sweden but if it makes you unhappy, then why continue living like that? You can always visit your family in sweden - it's just a short plane trip away. Just because sweden is a more prosperous nation, doesn't mean you can't have a happy life in Bulgaria. Many people in more advanced and prosperous nations have moved to eastern europe for a more simpler life. If you are not someone attached to material wealth, than it shouldn't be a problem. Who knows maybe you are only meant to be there for a few years. You don't know how long you'll stay. If it doesn't work out, you can always move back, but you'll never know if you don't do it.