Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 24-03-2018, 08:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe
Recently I was invited to New York but declined, even though they offered to pay for the plane tickets.
This was originally in the Fact Thread so I've moved it here.

So, I talked to the family member yesterday about her celebration in New York. She has been planning this for years. I know because she mentioned it to me about 5 years ago but the plan was there long before that.

Turns out that because I refused to go, my wife has therefore refused to go. Since my wife is this woman's closest friend, she has decided it's not worth going. And since she is the reason for the celebration, nobody else will be going either.

So, it looks like the whole thing is off. They invited me again and I still refused as a matter of principle. I cannot justify visiting any civilised country that supports gun use by civilians.

I'm sad my family member doesn't get her celebration but that's her choice.
Old 30-03-2018, 06:34 PM
Deactivated Account
After hearing what happened to Stephon Clark I am glad not to be in that country. It is not safe.

He was shot in the back 6 times. He was shot twice after being felled. He had a phone. At least when I visit Africa I don't have to worry about being shot for having a phone lol. Feel much safer in Africa.
Old 30-03-2018, 08:38 PM
Master

Well Aaron get your facts right.

Clark had a criminal history, four cases in four years that included charges of robbery, pimping, and domestic abuse. Sacramento County court files show he pleaded no contest to reduced charges, spent time on a sheriff's work detail and was on probation for the 2014 robbery when he was killed.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...328-story.html

He was well known to the police. It was a tragic accident.
Old 30-03-2018, 11:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Well Aaron get your facts right.

Clark had a criminal history, four cases in four years that included charges of robbery, pimping, and domestic abuse. Sacramento County court files show he pleaded no contest to reduced charges, spent time on a sheriff's work detail and was on probation for the 2014 robbery when he was killed.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...328-story.html

He was well known to the police. It was a tragic accident.
Ok, I didn't know that other stuff as it hadn't been reported on the news I watch.

But I've now watched another video where a black guy is shot twice and killed after he lay face down on the ground with his hands clenched behind his neck. One second he's like, "Wasup officer?" and a few seconds later he's on the ground and dead. I couldn't cope being in a country where that can happen at any moment. I'd be totally paranoid to go out for any reason.

And I just don't understand the need for that level of violence. It's way too alien for me. These are the kind of behaviours I'd expect on the streets of a war zone like Syria. That it can happen in peacetime in a civilized country totally bamboozles me.

I get people can cope with this if they're born in the country. But because I've been brought up in a relatively peaceful country where the chance of being killed at any moment is almost unheard of even in a major city, I just couldn't cope with it. I wouldn't want to. Too much!
Old 31-03-2018, 09:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Had a dream about this violence last night. All the people were herded into a field surrounded by a wall. The people were represented as donkeys and sheep. Then there came hyenas and leopards. All the people (animals) ran to the wall until they could go no further. The hyenas and leopards went into a wild frenzy, killing anything that got in their way, including each other. They'd run along the rim where all the animals were pressed up against the wall and randomly pick off and kill one here and there. It was a massacre.

So, I woke up and realised it was a dream, but was still left with the feeling of it. I then realised that this feeling is the reality that many people in the world face every day. I thank God I am not part of their reality because it is impossible to be human in such circumstances.
Old 31-03-2018, 01:28 PM
Master

My peach and apricot blossoms on my trees are so beautiful to see. So far freezing weather has not killed them. They might make it this year!
Old 31-03-2018, 02:53 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm so looking forward to moving to Uganda. My wife is there posting pictures making me yearn so much more.

Looking at the dream I've figured out some things. When humans don't see each other as one they become animals.
When they are animals they are divided into 4 main groups:

Leopards - never change their spots (i.e. can't change their view or behaviour). Only attack donkeys and sheep.
Hyenas - are in constant change, i.e. chaotic. Attack anything including leopards.
Sheep - are powerless and compliant.
Donkeys - are powerless and non-compliant.

The dream is an extension of Jesus' repeated referrals to people as sheep. I think he would recognise my categorisation even if he didn't agree with it. Jesus also had shepherds who tended their sheep. For me a shepherd is someone who has managed to retain their humanity (so haven't become an animal) and care for those that have lost their humanity (but are not violent or stubborn because only those animals have a chance to regain their humanity).

Donkeys can't become human again because they reject God's message.
Leopards and hyenas can't become human again because their behaviour is incompatible with God's message.

Only sheep have a chance as long as they follow God's message. Sheep that follow the message of the other animals will remain as an animal themselves and not regain their humanity.

It's an interesting dream and although I think the logic is a bit extreme it certainly is a good representation of the world as it is now. People are basically animals. We have lost our humanity.
Old 31-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Master
Fish

Do we really live for ever or
in places where others do not.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:05 PM
Master

I sure do wish the sun would burn through the clouds and warm it up a bit.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:41 PM
Deactivated Account
I had a dream I was in Africa or maybe the Caribbean. Was with a bunch of local people drinking alcohol through straws out of plastic bottles.

I got the idea to go swimming in the warm ocean and thought how much fun we would all have together in the sun. I was leaning out of a window overlooking an overgrown path where everyone else was sitting.

The mood was good. We were all joking and laughing. I tried to suggest we could go down to the beach and have fun there. Before I could make this suggestion someone pointed out the police were arresting people in the streets who carried bottles of alcohol.

I said, "What streets? There are no streets around here."
This was true as the area was too rural to have streets and I doubted the police would come out this far to arrest people. But the locals were afraid, even when happy, and I sensed the moment to suggest the excursion had passed.

Dream ended.

What was weird about the dream is I distinctly remember feeling drunk. As soon as I woke I was immediately sober, which is something that has never happened before and a weird experience in itself. I see dreams in colours and have even smelt, tasted and heard sounds in dreams, but I never knew that you could feel inebriated in a dream.