Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 28-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Newbie ;)

strange things happen while meditating?

I started meditating recently, im not sure if i am doing it right or not, i simply lay flat on my back in bed then relax and watch my thoughts as they come and go. when I do this, strange things happen. i start feeling a sensation that shoots up and down my spinal cord, kinda like a electric sensation, it gets very powerful the more I pay attention to it. As i am watching my thoughts, I noticed that my mind will begin to loop the same thought over and over, the thought it loops varies, sometimes it would be a sound, word or phrase and other times it would be a image. its like my mind repeats the same thing over and over and this induces me into a trace like state of some kind. what ever my brain is looping gets faster and faster with time, eventually its like my brain just breaks and it no longer produces any thought, everything just becomes extremely quiet and still inside my mind.I get the feeling that everything is ok profoundly strong, its very pleasant. this is when i start seeing images as if im seeing it with my own eyes, last night i seen a block of wood with carvings on it, at first the symbols on it were blurry, i actually had to adjust my focus on them as if i were adjusting the focus of my eyes. they became clear but i have never seen anything like them before, they kinda look like the stuff you would see etched into stone from ancient times.
this image would soon fade away and then another image will pop up, after a few minuets i was jolted awake out of this trance like state because i thought i was hearing something next to my bed speaking in some strange language, it was like " DA DA DAAA DA D D DAA Daaa" no lie, was literally only "DA" being used in different tones, obviously i looked over and seen nothing was there, my brain just thought that someone was there saying "Da"....
im oddly ok with my brain breaking and begin tripping out, how ever, ever since last night i have been getting scratched by something...something that i can not see. it starts as a tingling feeling then grows in intensity until it becomes a burning sensation, after this burning pain fades away, i am left with a nice red scratch on the part that was burning. just since last night i have been scratched 4 times like this....and now, i even feel this sensation of a ball or a ball of compressed pressure directly in the middle of my spine, it actually hurts a little bit and its been here all day.....

has anyone experienced anything like this? what exactly is going on when i see the images, am i meditating the proper way? can my brain freak out and think my body is being scratched which causes my body to react as if it were scratched? kinda like a placebo effect?
Old 28-08-2017, 07:24 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm not familiar with this sensations with the spinal cord.

What i know, from my constant mind watching, that it likes to repeat and recall past events.
Just don't get too attached to it, keep quiet, observing it.

Quote:
can my brain freak out and think my body is being scratched which causes my body to react as if it were scratched?
If you put your belief in your mind, or let me specify, in the products that your mind make, then it may become real. Just keep watching your thoughts, without believing in the products.

Funny thing, this "Da Da Daa" reminded me of something.
Somewhere at the beginning of July, i was in the vacation. And i have installed an music app on my mobile phone, and gave it to kids to play with.
It was fun, and it contained some similar sounding music loop:

https://youtu.be/jYYjMH0hAxs?t=32 watch it at 0:32sec. Would be nice to know if you picked some joy vibrations which came with this ?
Old 28-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Newbie ;)

[quote=Dan_SF]I'm not familiar with this sensations with the spinal cord.

What i know, from my constant mind watching, that it likes to repeat and recall past events.
Just don't get too attached to it, keep quiet, observing it.

If you put your belief in your mind, or let me specify, in the products that your mind make, then it may become real. Just keep watching your thoughts, without believing in the products.

Funny thing, this "Da Da Daa" reminded me of something.
Somewhere at the beginning of July, i was in the vacation. And i have installed an music app on my mobile phone, and gave it to kids to play with.
It was fun, and it contained some similar sounding music loop:

dude that vid is great! the da da da almost sounded exactly the same as what i heard, it had the same robotic/weird sounding voice, the only difference is that the da da da wasnt all in the same tone/pitch. but that funny how that video is so simular.
and i think you are on to something about your brain can make things real if you believe it. i been messing around with making myself feel specific sensations by tricking my mind into thinking its feeling it, and it seems that i can induce this electric sensation in my spine at will, and i can almost make myself feel that burning sensation at will, how ever, i havent yet been able to cause a scratch but i can for sure create the tingle sensation followed by a slight warming/burning sensation. oh, and i found that i can make myself feel hot or cold and can even make myself feel like im spinning, swaying, sinking, floating ect.
try to induce some sensations and let me know what happens . i find it amazing that our brains can do such things, i am going to see just how far we can trick our brains. maybe i can achieve some type of physical effect that can be monitored, i would love some solid proof that im not crazy .
Old 28-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Guide

Hi Cosmos, this all sounds really interesting. I'm not much of a meditator. I try but at heart I'm just a daydreamer.

When I have meditated it can be quite an overwhelming experience for me, there is energy surging all through me so I can relate in that way. It can be so powerful that I'm literally in tears once I'm finished I give thanks to the east and I feel this need to cleanse myself using energy from above me, yeah I know intense that's why I don't do it much!

I have read that if you are the type of person to feel the strong energies while meditation then you might benefit from further study of Qi Gong.

Hearing voices from another language thing I have had some experience with but during usual daytime activities, I came across audio dyslexia which explained the experience for me, do a quick Google search.

I haven't experienced psychical symptoms other than rashes myself so I wouldnt want to make comment on what this could or couldn't be.
Old 25-09-2017, 12:57 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CØSMOS
I started meditating recently, im not sure if i am doing it right or not, i simply lay flat on my back in bed then relax and watch my thoughts as they come and go.

This is the essence of early meditation and a step others often get wrong, or skip.

Quote:
when I do this, strange things happen. i start feeling a sensation that shoots up and down my spinal cord, kinda like a electric sensation, it gets very powerful the more I pay attention to it.

This is unavoidable if you are in correct spinal posture; with your back slightly arched and your head back) when you are meditating for long enough. mechanically, the muladhara e.g. root chakra is acting like a capacitor and the upward energy that's discharged clears the sushumna channel in the spinal column area. the early hindus sought to avoid this by "locking" the chin to the chest, thereby forcing the energy to remain in the muladhara chakra until kundalini, however, there is another way.

once spontaneous pranayama starts in earnest (once you've let go of the fetters that bind you to your karma), the breathing changes as well and the energy rises much faster and you get far greater short term and long term benefits, and you won't have to do the ching-lock.

Quote:
As i am watching my thoughts, I noticed that my mind will begin to loop the same thought over and over, the thought it loops varies, sometimes it would be a sound, word or phrase and other times it would be a image. its like my mind repeats the same thing over and over and this induces me into a trace like state of some kind. what ever my brain is looping gets faster and faster with time, eventually its like my brain just breaks and it no longer produces any thought, everything just becomes extremely quiet and still inside my mind.I get the feeling that everything is ok profoundly strong, its very pleasant.

loop what? 'splain.

it sounds like the early stages of a deep trance.

the later stages get even stranger sounding (to beginners)

Quote:
this is when i start seeing images as if im seeing it with my own eyes, last night i seen a block of wood with carvings on it, at first the symbols on it were blurry, i actually had to adjust my focus on them as if i were adjusting the focus of my eyes. they became clear but i have never seen anything like them before, they kinda look like the stuff you would see etched into stone from ancient times.
this image would soon fade away and then another image will pop up,

in astral projection circles, this is called the "vision screen" and it's a completely normal and common occurrence when raising lots of energy AND when you're not wasting your mental energy playing video games and watching stupid cat videos on youtube, etc.

in other words, it's rare because few people are actually successful at raising energy, on purpose or otherwise.

i've seen too many of these to count, however, i rarely talk about it because it's rare to find people who have advanced to the point that they understand what's happening.

Quote:
after a few minuets i was jolted awake out of this trance like state because i thought i was hearing something next to my bed speaking in some strange language, it was like " DA DA DAAA DA D D DAA Daaa" no lie, was literally only "DA" being used in different tones, obviously i looked over and seen nothing was there, my brain just thought that someone was there saying "Da"....
im oddly ok with my brain breaking and begin tripping out, how ever, ever since last night i have been getting scratched by something...something that i can not see. it starts as a tingling feeling then grows in intensity until it becomes a burning sensation, after this burning pain fades away, i am left with a nice red scratch on the part that was burning. just since last night i have been scratched 4 times like this....and now, i even feel this sensation of a ball or a ball of compressed pressure directly in the middle of my spine, it actually hurts a little bit and its been here all day.....

has anyone experienced anything like this? what exactly is going on when i see the images, am i meditating the proper way? can my brain freak out and think my body is being scratched which causes my body to react as if it were scratched? kinda like a placebo effect?