Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 27-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Seeker

missed oppurtunities

this dream is from Oct 26 2016 ~ Im going back in my dream journal because I haven't had any significant dreams lately.

(recorded a day later, only 1 part of the dream still sticks)
Jess (ex gf, we had already broken up at this point) wanted to go bungee jumping (?) I was standing at the bottom of a building I think with my parents looking up and I remember thinking how important it was for me to do things with her, even when I really didn't want to, so I got in the elevator that (skyrocketed) up to the 99th floor, then slowly (99.1 99.2 99.3 etc.) went up to 100. I got off thinking I was gonna be at the top of the building all setup to jump, but instead there was a small circular platform about 3 stories above the roof of the building with a helicopter ladder hanging from it blowing in the wind under a grey sky. So vivid. Jess was already suited up ready to go climbing up and I got a few steps off the ground and the wind picked up and I believe the words I said were "**** that m8" (lol Im American but I guess I game enough on the UK servers). I looked up as Jessica climbed on without me.

~~~

Not only did this bring back the disappointing reminder of how much I've changed as the thrill seeking person I used to be, but it's almost a metaphor showing that I have to let her go on and do what she needs to do in life without me holding her down (which I never felt like I did, just like in the dream I had no control to pull her down from the ladder nor did I try). And that I have to trust that when she falls, she'll still land with me. I can't expect to really know if she loves me or not if I can't trust her to come back when she leaves.

ugh..i dunno, maybe thats just me saying that not the dream.

Anyway, it's been a constant thought weighing on me since the day we were supposed to go skydiving and I literally backed out last minute after being so excited for so long. I used to ALWAYS want to do things like that but every friend I had either didn't have the money (**) or was just plain too scared. Now that I finally found someone to do those things with, the roles are reversed and I feel like I've outgrown my thrill seeking personality at the worst possible time. I'm very ashamed of myself, and I guess I know if anyone was going to push me to do those things, it could be her.

But now she's climbed that ladder and it's not even a possibility anymore, another reason everything has been so difficult lately.

This one spoke to me, but nothing I didn't already know.
Old 27-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Master
"I haven't had any significant dreams lately"

you've had insignificant dreams? maybe those 'ordinary' dreams are actually
giving you the important 'messages' that you're needing at this time?

one thing that struck me in that dream from 2016 was how when you'd
reached the peak, the goalpost was moved and you were needing to go
even further. it was a trick. the purpose of going up there was to provide
you a position to jump from, and get back down to the bottom of things.
the girl seemed more interested in climbing to ever higher points.
Old 28-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Seeker

Yeah that's an interesting observation, kinda the same way I thought about it.

In real life it seems quite the opposite, she was always far less motivated in most areas of life unless it involved adventure and travel - which as the dream shows maybe I should be chasing more of. Something else I noticed, she wasn't about to reach out and help me take that step (typical of her). Many little things about this dream looking back that made it so significant, most of my dreams seem far less meaningful.

The 'insignificant' dreams were definitely insignificant lol --mostly just dreams of me working. You may assume that's because I work too much but that is not the case at all. I think my mind just wanders there when I don't have anything better to think about, a reflection of the past 24hrs or when I want to escape other thoughts. If it's telling me I need to move jobs that's nothing I don't already know.
Old 28-01-2018, 05:31 AM
Master
the dream had begun with you sharing a view with your parents...
meaning that you had a mature, parental perspective with which to observe.

the unremarkable dreams with you working may be an indication of your
life functioning 'properly' (things are working out as they should).
Old 29-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
the dream had begun with you sharing a view with your parents...
meaning that you had a mature, parental perspective with which to observe.

the unremarkable dreams with you working may be an indication of your
life functioning 'properly' (things are working out as they should).

That sounds absolutely correct as hard as it is to accept. I didn't think of that.