Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-02-2012, 03:39 AM
Master
Trisha S - NDE

I don’t remember hitting the pavement because I am distracted by the intensely bright column of white light shining out of the top of my body’s head. I have only a moment to fully grasp that I’m outside of my body, and then, swoosh! I’m sucked up the column of light like an envelope in a pneumatic mail tube. The light is brilliant (brighter than the sun), yet I am not afraid--in fact, I'm curious and happy.

I’m standing in a place of love. It’s completely enveloping, and I’m thoroughly immersed in feelings of loving acceptance, calmness, and of being home (of belonging). The feelings are so intense, that flow around me like a cocoon, like a warm wooly blanket.

What I see around me is simply shadings of white and gold. There are no real distinguishing features; in fact, I'm not even really aware of any floor/ceiling/walls or anything else. It's simply a more diffused white light--broader, rather than so focused like in the tube/tunnel.

There’s a glow of golden light ahead of me in the distance--yet I can't even really determine how far distant, but it doesn't feel very far away--and I need and want to get there. But as I take a step forward, a golden being blocks my way. There are no features, just a vague humanoid shape without face or gender. There's also a ball of blue white light that hovers near my shoulder. I sense a type of musical speech emanating from both of the beings. The music is pretty, yet disturbing at the same time, so I try not to listen to what it is saying. Instead, I focus on moving forward toward the glowing horizon and the feelings of acceptance and love that I feel even more strongly coming from there.

Now the glowing orb is in front of me, and it lightly touches my forehead. Very distinctly the singing evolves into words and feelings. The words are, “it’s not your time,” while the feelings are of sorrow and apology. It’s telling me in emotions and music rather than in words that something has changed, that my plans must be altered and I can’t leave yet. Disappointment fills my very soul. I don’t want to go; I want to stay here. I feel that this is my home, this is where I belong. I want to continue living here where I'm not weighed down by physicality, worries, or anything. I want to be like they are--all light and music.

“Later,” it says; “later, we promise.”

http://www.nderf.org/trisha_s_nde.htm

Old 03-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Wow, Trisha S....

Been reading there...

Have your religious beliefs/spiritual practices changed specifically as a result of your experience? Yes I now think religion is nonsense. I translated the bible from Greek and it is clear that we have been lied to. Our human beliefs hold us back

Steve N ND 6181

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 03-02-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Experiencer

Great to see you back, Miss H.!

Jim
Old 03-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Wow, Trisha S....

I thought of you when I read her description of 'musical speech', Miss H.

Xan

Old 04-02-2012, 02:06 AM
Scottmana

I was once in an accident. To be honest it was not near death but something like one. It was a special blow to the face, I had my share but this one hit one of the points I use to locate the points of my body.

I would close my eyes and not knowing where the edges of my body where slide out and through walls wondering how I suddenly got outside and was watching people and things happen only to discover that I left my body inside! Trying to talk to someone without your body is trouble, so I would have to go back inside, get my body and run back out to have my conversation.
Old 24-02-2012, 04:00 AM
Master
Everything Self Evident

[I had severe bronchontitis and trouble breathing.] I was asleep in the early hours of the morning, and suddenly found myself in a different level of existence. There was no tunnel or transition; I was just there. It was a realm consisting entirely of light, sound, joy and bliss.

All around me were beings of pulsing, colored light, and indescribable music/singing full of joy and praise. The beings did not have human shape; they were more like oval or round pulsing loci of light. There were no sharp outlines in this realm; everything seemed to gently blend into everything else a little. There was nothing but light, music, praise for God and All That Is, and many beings/points of consciousness. The beings were creating the music and were made of the music. I was made of music, light and joy. I was filled with bliss and comfort, and felt "at home" for the first time ever.

It was an experience where everything was instantly self-evident. If I turned my awareness to anything, it was self-evident to me with no time delay. I experienced that I was free in time and space; they were not obstacles to my awareness. I KNEW what I was experiencing. It was clear.

The experience was very brief and had less detail than most NDEs I've read about. I knew I was in some sort of heaven or astral realm. I knew I was out of my body. I wanted to stay, but instantly knew that I had much work to do back on earth that I had barely begun and that most of it had to do with my family relationships. There was a sort of abbreviated life review that hit these points very quickly. Knowing all this, I immediately looked down toward my body.

I could see a cord connecting me to my body, hanging down from me and softly swaying. It looked like shimmering, softly glowing, grey silk. We were still connected. My body was far away, downward, in a very dark place. The space between us looked dark and foggy or smokey, very dismal. I jumped/dove back into my body instantaneously and found myself coughing, trying to get my breathing passages clear....

When I could finally breathe, I just lay in bed going over the experience, feeling awe and wonder. here was no fear or confusion; the whole thing was perfectly clear. I was amazed that I was able to come back and get my body "started up" again. I was at peace with the necessity of coming back; it too was self-evident, but I looked forward to the chance of going back to that wonderful place when my work was done. I would have stayed with no question if I had not known/seen that I had too much work left unfinished.

http://IANDS.org

Old 24-02-2012, 04:04 AM
Master
Just sharing , try The Scole Experiment .....to me a 'comforting" findings .
Thks
CSEe
Old 24-02-2012, 04:38 AM
chandrakavi

Death is the greatest fiction. Yes, our body dies ,but not our self our essence.
Old 25-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Chicken Hawk

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread, but thought I would just jump in, hope that's ok.

30 years ago my husband was in a very bad car accident. He almost died. He remembers seeing his grandfather (who he had been very close to) walk toward him out of a light. My husband started to move toward him (not physically move, but in his mind) and his grandfather put his hand up and said, go back it's not your time yet. Then he said the next thing he new he opened his eyes and the ambulance was there.

I'm a big Harry Potter fan and I love one of the lines in the book that says, death is but the next great adventure.
Old 26-02-2012, 02:29 AM
Master
Jumping in a thread is fine, Chicken Hawk.

Your husband's good story is quite common among near death experiences.

Xan