Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
So you're saying that for 1/3 of my life, I have no pulse, no blood pressure, no respiration? That electrocardiograms and electroencephelograms would register flat?

Jim

Lol, no I would not go as far as that. What is meant by Cayce and others is that for all intents and purposes, the state of consciousness is the same whether you're asleep or dead. If you want me to I will look it up and give you the exact quote.
Old 20-01-2012, 05:06 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Yes, but VERY small!

Jim

There is always the alarm clock to make sure.
Old 20-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
There is always the alarm clock to make sure.

Mine has brought me back abruptly to the earth plane, many a morning!

Jim
Old 20-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
Lol, no I would not go as far as that. What is meant by Cayce and others is that for all intents and purposes, the state of consciousness is the same whether you're asleep or dead. If you want me to I will look it up and give you the exact quote.

I gotcha, BG!

But I'd have to say that Cayce is a special case (bad unintentional pun!) in this respect. My own dreams are very hazy. Most Near Death Experiencers and Spirit revelations indicate that things on the next plane of existence are quite the opposite: not dreamy or irrational, but clearer than life on the earth plane.

Jim
Old 20-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Newlight

I wont say anything about my personal experince here but just comment to say I completely believe in key aspects of ndes such as the white light, this higher love and all this, and my experience supports this theme very well.

What can I say other than this is true and if knowing this helps with your life I hope it does but its probabaly better not to know as this type of "high" and amazing experince can both traumatise the brain as well as feeling depressed afterwards because life just doesn't compare to it lol
Old 20-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Master
Bluegreen... Without knowing the context of what Edgar Cayce said about sleep and death I couldn't know what he meant. It occurs to me the similarity is merely that in both we are out of the physical body.

But look at your own experience or state of consciousness.
When you are sleeping are you met by deceased loved ones or angels?
Are you drawn into an enormous brilliant loving light?
Do you feel more unconditional love than you've ever imagined in this life?
Do you have a life review that shows how you have given less than you could have?
Are you given explanations about how life and the universe work, and about your own life purpose?
Are you given a conscious choice about returning to the body?

NDE's generally have some or all of these going on. Sleep normally does not.

Xan

Old 21-01-2012, 03:36 AM
Master
This was not like an out of body experience where one would see ones self from above. This was my awareness, my soul, my essence completely checking out of the physical vehicle....

Slowly, one...then two....then four...and on, stars lit up in my vision. They were far away, very tiny. They twinkled white at first, then as they grew in number and I felt I was getting closer, there were colors. Colors I have never seen, colors I love, colors I am familiar with. At first it was like looking at the sky, but as became one with this sea, it was more like a translucent river of stars and colors, they would breathe and undulate. They seemed to be as one. They all interacted together like an ocean, with a tide, with waves...rising and falling lazily in space. I became aware of my place among them, I floated and relaxed.

The most important thing in this place was the feeling of bliss. I can only describe it as the feeling that comes right after climax, that unique relief and relaxation where nothing in the world matters. The only thing different about this was the feeling never waned, it stayed constant. It was the feeling of falling asleep on a summer's day on a hammock in the light of a warm sun. It was the feeling of drawing your child close to you out of love. It was the feeling of seeing a loved one for the first time in a long time. It was all good feelings, and it was ever present in this place.

I felt like I would stay in this place for eternity. I felt a welcoming. I felt awareness around me, I certainly did not feel alone. I felt that same entity again say "You can stay here as long as you want". I wanted to stay. I never wanted to leave. I had been searching for this my whole life, why had I searched for this on Earth? I didn't care about any of that at the time though. All I cared about was this sea of energies.

I felt the entity start to explain, "This is the source", I watched the sea glitter, then I saw the colors change.
The colors went from many to few. One section of the sea turned Purple and Pink, the other Blue and Green. These two felt separated, yet still one. They danced together, rolling around on top of each other, it felt as if they were making love. I realized, this was love. This was a sea of nothing but love energy. This was "Heaven". "Everyone is connected to the source. We come from the source, we return to the source" I heard, in a feeling kind of way.

There's more of this nde story at: http://www.nderf.org/sue_c_nde.htm

Old 21-01-2012, 03:58 AM
Master
I then asked myself, "Am I dying? Is this what it is like to die? Am I dying?" And then all of a sudden instantly, I did not hear anyone.

I was in my own thoughts and swoosh into this unbelievable, most beautiful, brightest light and ever golden. There is no describing it. You have to see it; it cannot be explained by words. But, it was not blinding light. You are part of it moving....

I instantly had no fear. I was filled with love and peace that I can only describe and can never do it justice. I was so loved and accepted. I had never felt so loved in all my life. The peace, serenity, joy, and no pain was unbelievable!

http://iands.org/experiences/nde-accounts/505-filled-with-love-and-peace.html

Old 02-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
I gotcha, BG!

But I'd have to say that Cayce is a special case (bad unintentional pun!) in this respect. My own dreams are very hazy. Most Near Death Experiencers and Spirit revelations indicate that things on the next plane of existence are quite the opposite: not dreamy or irrational, but clearer than life on the earth plane.

Jim

Your dreams are filtered by the body. You can train yourself to remember clearly what you have done while you slept. The return to the body "is the moment when the spirit is most vulnerable and when memory is most difficult to hold."

"While I slept Ney-sey-ra would take me to many places away from Earth, and he would watch how I worked in the Light under his direction. And in the morning, as soon as I awoke, I would tell him how much I had remembered; and he would tell me what I had reflected truly, what I had distorted with my earth thoughts, and of what I had brought back no record." From Winged Pharaoh, Joan Grant.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:26 AM
Master
Ryan G - NDE

I was around five years old. To my parents dismay, I began a habit of throwing my toys out the second story window, getting up, and retrieving them so I can do it again. Under the window was a roof that was fed to the side of the house, extending the first floor past the second floor window. There, it slanted slightly downward to face the paved back yard. I would step onto the roof, and pick up my toys. However, this time I slipped, not realizing that it rained this morning. I was really close to the edge of the roof too, so no time to save myself really.

However, that's the oddest part. One moment I was mentally going the speed of light, and as soon as I slipped, time itself seemed to slow down. I was able to witness and comprehend my so called death. It felt like a life time had passed before the fall was complete. Mid fall, I was thinking a million miles per minute. I was asking myself questions that wouldn't even have mattered at the time. Have I lived long enough? Am I still going to be alive? Is mommy going to be mad? Did I really just die for being so foolish?

And then it hit me. Or I hit it. The pavement was right where I fell, which was just a couple feet from the soft grass. The next thought in my head as things went black was: Why didn't that hurt?

The next that floated through me was the realization that I was dead. This strangely didn't surprise me. It was as if I knew all along what death was. I was confused, but at peace. Literally not one worry passed by me. No worries of my own mother, father, or brother were to be felt.

My surroundings consisted of an almost perfect sight of everything in the veil of black nothing. I was in a void. I noticed that my ability of sight was different. I can see everywhere without even needing to turn my head. I was like an owl, except I can see through anything I can imagine as real. I knew all of this without even seeing anything.

Suddenly, the pin prick of light starts shining. Creating the tunnel vision effect that accompanies almost all near death experiences. This light was alive. It was breathing, and it had the heart beat of a million souls. It emanated this certain feeling in me that I will always try to get again....

Even though it looks like I'm slowly moving towards the light, I know for a fact that I'm going way faster then the speed of light. I personally think the void is the incredibly fast travel of your ethereal body through the universe. Then the light noticed me. I didn't hear anything, but I could think of the light talking to me. It thought to me that it wasn't time for me to go. I thought to it that I knew it wasn't my time.

Then, unconsciousness.

Then, just like that, I woke up crying. I was hurt, but no broken bones. I healed in five days. Then the experience came back to me. I told my parents, who were very supportive.

http://www.nderf.org/ryan_g_nde.htm