Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Xenophilia

Hello. I have to say I do agree with many of these posts. I have memories of some of my previous deaths in different incarnations, and afterwards. I honestly am not worried because at least I can finally go to a place of peace and happiness. I am sure you have nothing to worry about. Don't worry about the event, because it is a short time and then there is the best feeling of your life, because you are free.
Old 25-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophilia
... it is a short time and then there is the best feeling of your life, because you are free.
"Death is like taking off a tight shoe."

An NDEer

Or did I already post that!!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Wolfe... It's not strange really to have fear of dying in consciousness, but you have an unusual way of describing it. For most people it's death of the body that they fear and talk about because of the mistaken idea that the body is 'me'.

Through meditation you can discover that in essence you are consciousness itself and this was not born and cannot die. You could see this now by recognizing that all the things you are conscious of - thoughts, feelings, sensations, perceptions, etc. - are always changing... but the fact that you are always aware does not.

Another way is to look into the personal near death experiences described in articles and books by thousands of people. Many of them say they were surprised to learn they remain themselves after death, but without pain and difficulty. In other words, they are Conscious that they exist. http://nderf.org is a good place to start.

Xan
Thank you Xan, I aprieciate that someone responded, and it is very reasurring that we should still be conscious in some way after death, even if I will probably be a little doubtful till it actually happens. Again, thanks,
Love and Light,
Wolfe
Old 27-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Master
Wolfe... Another way some people realize they are conscious beings even without a physical body and life is in astral projection... often spontaneously. There's nothing like the first time of being across the room and seeing yourself napping on the couch, and there's much more to experience out-of-body.

You could get a lot from reading "Secret of the Soul" by William Buhlman, even if you don't want to develop AP ability. It has many great personal stories.

Xan

Old 01-05-2011, 01:29 AM
Experiencer

It's normal and natural to feel fearful about death, and suspect about the afterlife. After all, survival instincts are wired into us, and that's good!

But I'm starting to become less fearful about it.

Jim
Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 PM
gentledove

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrendertotheflow
The only thing to fear is fear itself. It is something we learn, not something we are born with. We were born with everlasting eternal love that flows on forever. You are under the assumption that the body you are temporarily residing in will cease to be and so you will cease to be. This is not so. The body will become part of the Earth again, or the winds, depending on your spiritual ceremony for it. But you will finally remember your true form, light, love, consciousness energy, an everlasting piece of the One.

Embrace your fears and transmute them into faith and love and open up your arms to what awaits you!! :)

-Peace, Love, and Light :)

Yes, this is amazing insight, imo, if only we could somehow beam it to others who are overwhelmed with angst. Perhaps that's why more and more people are sharing their NDE's. The Light wants people to know, in order to release their paralyzing fear and focus on what's important...which is of course creating, growing in awareness, living now, rather than obsessing on dying. Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' with it!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:03 PM
LIFE

What afterlife?
Old 05-05-2011, 04:50 AM
I forgot a psych game from the 70s.
Picture yourself alone in a white room, a cube
with no windows or doors.
How do you feel?
What are the 1st 3 words that describe your feeling.
Write them down - I'll be back.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I forgot a psych game from the 70s.
Picture yourself alone in a white room, a cube
with no windows or doors.
How do you feel?
What are the 1st 3 words that describe your feeling.
Write them down - I'll be back.

Quiet, quiet, quiet

Xan

Old 05-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Quiet, quiet, quiet

Xan
Yup.
I remember mine was peaceful, exciting, love it.
I was 24.